Tips for Married Women ... From Your Single Friend

Childlessandlovinit says: To spice up your relationship, here are some things you may have forgotten. From me to you ...

single woman in a red dress and married couple

Before you judge and say: "Pfft. Why would we take relationship tips from a SINGLE GIRL?" let me clarify -- I am very envious that you are married and I am not. Let's just get that fact out of the way. But. I AM in a very happy (yet young) relationship, and although I will soon be where you are all at (complaining that a single girl is giving me relationship advice) I want to remind you what you used to do: When you still wanted to marry him, when you still liked him, when sleep wasn't more important than sex. And before you completely judge me, one of my girlfriends, the one who balked the loudest when I gave her my tips, secretly tried one. Needless to say, she called me screaming the following morning saying I saved her marriage. I certainly wouldn't go THAT far -- maybe I just encouraged some debauchery for one night ... which is better than most nights, right?

My five single girl tips for the married woman (which better lead to a ring ... soon!):

1.Write him: Put a letter in his suitcase, briefcase, wallet -- anywhere. Tell him how much you love him, how great of a husband he is, or remind him of your first date. It sounds cheesy, but he'll love it.

2.Send naughty pictures: No, you don't have to wait until you lose 5lbs -- trust me, your guy wants to see you in a pair of sexy panties. And you don't need a digital camera -- take one with the phone and send it to his phone right in the middle of the day. Just do it.

3.Let him wait: Remember when you first started dating and you were playing hard to get? It keeps the mystery, the "what if" alive. As soon as he begins to question where you are and what you're up to, he'll call and call. Guys like the chase -- it doesn't matter if you're married or not.

4. Go on a Date: Like you used to: Get dressed up, do your hair, wear something sexy and flirt with each other, hell, maybe even flirt with the bartender. Have a few cocktails -- fun!

5. Have sex in the middle of the night: Staying up for one night isn't going to kill you. Make tonight's priority sex, not sleep. And do it in the middle of the night -- like you used to.

next: The Latest on Casey Anthony
ashley October 11, 2008, 8:44 AM

You guys want to know something. This chick is right!!! My parents have been married for 29 years, they are both in there early 50’s and they have an awesome marriage. MY MOM DOES ALL OF THESE THINGS!!! She still acts like a giddy school girl when he is coming home from work. It used to disgust me but now I think it’s amazing. And they still hump like rabbits. So seriously, take this advice.

Natalie October 11, 2008, 8:44 AM

Love these ideas! It’s so easy to get caught up in the daily grind of being married, but we also have to remember to nurture our marriage!

Jenny October 11, 2008, 8:52 AM

I agree with most of it and I do most of those things. I dont think however in all cases letting him wonder where the heck you are is okay with all personality types. For some that may actually cause problems.(same with flirting with the bartender) but yeah she is spot on with the rest of it.

Hollie October 11, 2008, 11:15 AM

I agree with everything she said…and I do all of them. She’s 100% right.

geen October 11, 2008, 11:18 AM

Be careful with #2. I sent one to my hubby and he put it as a picture to pop up when I call him. Well I called him and one of his co-workers picked up…..it was a little embarrassing.

Carrie October 11, 2008, 12:59 PM

Yes! You must remember what you were like when you were dating…always learning about each other and keeping the flame going. Just because you “caught” him doesn’t mean you should stop all of the wonderful things you did to catch him. And the same goes for hubby!

brenda October 11, 2008, 3:03 PM

this lady is right on the money im currently seperated from my hubby and these things are exactly what he was asking for. I couldn’t understand why he was demanding more than what i was giving him but after reading this i guess this all not that crazy. Hope these things work at getting him back and keeping him interested!

morning October 11, 2008, 6:00 PM

These are kinda cheesy! I didn’t do these when we were dating and totally over our heads in-love with each other. I’d say, instead, invest in babysitters! Go on vacations, to concerts, happy hour (remember getting tipsy together?) Also, meet for lunch, coffee, or join a gym together. These are the things that made life exciting before the kids came. Heck, paint the house together, another thing we used to do before kids was projects around the house together. I’m not saying don’t have sex or be sexy, but be together the way you used to be. It will be sexier and more emotionally satisfying rather than naked pics, or midnight/exhausting sex!

jackie October 11, 2008, 7:32 PM

I love these because they’re SO easy and eventhough at first glance you may go “no!” i think just trying it is worthwhile and shakes things up, for the better, in a relationship. I had one failed relationship, largely because we didn’t work at keeping the spark alive. Now i know better-but it never hurts to be reminded. I’m going to do one of these per week. He’ll love it. Even if HE doesn’t, I will love it.
He better pay for dinner though. haha

jackie October 11, 2008, 7:34 PM

i was in a failed relationship largely because we stopped doing this stuff. Thank you for the much needed reminder, I think we all get sooo caught up we forget but it’s so important.

i’m going to do one of these per week.

Send MORE!

lisa October 11, 2008, 7:35 PM

Everytime before mydad got home from work, my mom put blush on her cheeks-so funny but true…
40 years later, she still gets giddy when he calls ‘ohhh it’s your daddd’—it’s unbelievable. They’re still totally in love, i think it’s due to the fact that they did these things..
really cute and a great inspiration.

Me! October 12, 2008, 10:32 PM

I just got engaged 2 months ago believe me she’s right I did and still do all those things plus cook :)

bree October 13, 2008, 10:56 AM

and some things HE can do…

put the toilet seat down
bring flowers randomly
tell us we’re beautiful and hot
take us to that dinner we’re dressing up for
tear our clothes off when we get home from that dinner
tell us we”re beautiful and hot

CJ October 14, 2008, 6:21 PM

Ah YES….Each of these five points would bring a smile to any husband’s face. We have been married for nearly three years. Since that time, the notes have ceased; we haven’t been on a date in over a year; pictures are out of the picture and I am still “waiting” for the next time we have sex in the middle of the night. I want my girlfriend and lover back who I married nearly three years ago.

IP Security Camera August 7, 2010, 8:32 PM

Hey guys, this good wook!