Want a Husband? Run a Super Bowl Ad!

Talk about playing the odds. Single New Yorker Amy Borkowsky is on a mission to find a man -- and is hoping the Super Bowl will help her tackle the man of her dreams.

Amy Borkowsky

"Dating is a numbers game, " says Amy. "I need to reach a large pool of guys." Her strategy? Go where the guys are. Amy's hoping to raise enough money to buy a $3 million Super Bowl spot so she can advertise her availability to the millions of men who'll be glued to the TV during the game. Now since she doesn't have $3 million just lying around, Amy has turned to the Internet for help in reaching her goal. She's created a website, Superbowlsinglegirl.com, so people can donate money and help her find a hubby.

So far, she's raised about $1000. While she has a long way to go, Amy is optimistic, as well as appreciative of any and all support. "I know times are tough. Even $10 is as appreciated as the bigger ones." Speaking of those bigger ones, a $10,000 donation will get you an invitation to the wedding -- if there is one.

Ever the realist, Amy says if she doesn't meet her goal she'll donate all the money she's raised to the United Way. But in the meantime, she's planning her attack and brainstorming ideas for the TV spot. Maybe she'll rap, write a jingle or even feature testimonials from ex-lovers. Whatever the outcome, Amy insists that all she really wants out of all of this is to fine a nice guy with a good heart. Check out Amy Borkowsky on "Extra" on Monday, October 27.

Coming next week: Video of our interview with husband hunter Amy Borkowsky.

Do you think running a Super Bowl ad for a husband is a good idea, or a total waste of money?

next: Who's the Tiny Style Icon?
amanda October 24, 2008, 10:05 PM

This is super interesting. I think she should go for it. Why not??!!

george luthin October 25, 2008, 9:13 AM

This is the most obnoxious gimmick of You are a former ad person. You’ve gotten great promo traction, and I gues thats the point…..what people will do for their 15 minues of celebrity….or infamy…without a doubt the most obnoxious stunt of the year…, congratulations Amy. This has all the class and intelligence of reality television. 3 million dollars for you own self promotion when the world is on the blink and the average American is worried about the jobs, homes and taking care of their families…this self indulgence is unconsciencionable…

try a mere 150.00 dollar trip to the salon, and lose the black Mortisha doo..
but this is not about finding a man……this is just about you…

Anonymous October 25, 2008, 3:38 PM

i think that this is such a waste of money..instead of raising 1 million for a man..how about finding the cure for cancer, or giving kids a better education…..

OMG October 27, 2008, 10:00 AM

How ridiculous. She sucks!!! She should put her energy into helping others. If she worked using inside beauty; she might be worth promoting.

Rick Falls January 28, 2009, 4:50 PM

I could show you a way to find the perfect man for a lot less and you wouldn’t end up with a long list of losers or be an eventual footbal widow.

I’ll have my wife teach you how she got me.

Lydia January 28, 2009, 7:19 PM

I agree with the other posters—she’s incredibly selfish. If she needs introductions she could join a match-making agency for a lot less. Doing volunteer work or fund raising for a worthy cause is also a great way to meet men with good hearts.

I seriously doubt she’ll get many donations, unless the people who donate are also looking for publicity. Three million dollars if used wisely could do a huge amount of good in a lot of people’s lives as opposed to dubious good in one life.

There are children and old people all over the world who don’t even have enough food or clothes, so who would give this broad money?

Lydia

Peverell July 2, 2009, 12:05 AM

Hey. The Past is to be respected and acknoledged, but not to be worshiped. It is our future in which we will find our greatness.
I am from Luxembourg and learning to write in English, please tell me right I wrote the following sentence: “Flea beetles are usually dark or black in color and about inch long.”

Waiting for a reply ;), Peverell.

Zamiel September 6, 2009, 6:08 PM

Good evening. It is a good rule in life never to apologize. The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them.
I am from Nigeria and also am speaking English, give true I wrote the following sentence: “Women’s new technology with kenny sia, for prepaid mastercard.”

Waiting for a reply :-(, Zamiel.

kat yates February 6, 2010, 8:21 PM

omg you have got to be kidding me. this is one of the most ridiculous ploys to try to find “love” that i have ever heard of. why would you waste $3 million dollars on something so.. so.. improbable and idiotic way of finding the “perfect” husband. you know what i suggest, the old fashion way. that’s how i found my fiance. if not then why don’t you try something cheaper just as a compatibility site like e harmony. i don’t like e harmony but it costs a lot less and more likely to find your love then wasting all that money on something that most likely will fall through. but, as they say, ignorance is bliss i guess.

horney ladies April 9, 2011, 2:21 PM

a Truly inspiring site - Thank you very much I wish you do not mind me emailing about this post on my sites I will also leave a linkback Thanks