Teacher Makes Student Give Her a Massage

We know teaching is stressful, but is this for real?

Teacher massage

A third grade teacher in Florida assigned her students to daily jobs such as cleaning the classroom, organizing books, and taking out the trash. But one of the jobs she ordered students to do was give her a massage. Yes, a massage.

Now Donna Coulter is out of a job after parents started complaining about their kids being mini-masseuses.

"This is highly inappropriate," said parent Stacey Vazquez. She told WFTV she didn't believe what her son was telling her until he showed her what another student was asked to do. Every day kids were "rubbing her back, like near the shoulders," Stacey explains.

Do you think Donna Coulter should have been fired, or is this okay?

next: Dear Andrew,
aleciaz October 1, 2008, 6:45 PM

I am a teacher and I think that this woman was INSANE for making that a classroom job! She deserved to be fired.

cliveb October 2, 2008, 2:12 AM

Not very smart. Fired for getting her shoulders massaged in class when errands are being handed out to help keep class tidy.

She should have been reprimanded.

rob October 17, 2008, 10:09 AM

From what I saw on the news report, the kid questioned showed that it was more like doing a chopping motion around her shoulders. While, technically more or less inapproriate for a teacher to ask a student to do, I think she should have been warned instead. If it happened again, then fire her. People do make mistakes.

des.p May 23, 2009, 8:38 AM

of course she should be fired!!! I experienced that very same atrocity back in kindergarden and trust me, it felt as if i was a slave

ethan wayman May 13, 2010, 10:53 PM

i think she didnt do anything wrong. she deserves it all teachers deserve to get a massage after a hard day at work.if i was the student i would gladly give her a massage even the feet. she deserves it. thankyou for your service in teaching.

Ezay September 7, 2010, 9:40 PM

Fired? For asking for a massage? OK it’s pretty stupid and she should be suspended, but my GOD…fired?! Seriously that’s as stupid as firing teachers for strip searches.