The Latest on Jennifer Hudson

Here are today's developments in the case.

jennifer hudson
The nation is still reeling from the news of "Dreamgirls" star Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew being murdered in cold blood in Chicago. Here's the latest:

TMZ is reporting William Balfour's girlfriend -- whose house he was arrested at -- has contradicted Balfour's alibi and cops have caught him in at least one other lie. Police have been tracking William (Julian King's stepfather) through cell phone records. A neighbor says a man he believes to be Balfour was seen pulling up to his girlfriend's house around noon on Friday, got out of the car "carrying what appeared to be a bottle of liquor," and was wearing a white hooded sweatshirt. Balfour is in custody, and sources say he's considered the primary suspect.

Extra reports Simon Cowell sent Jennifer Hudson a heartfelt message. "I was horrified when I heard the news," he told Extra. "This is an appalling tragedy. My thoughts right now are with Jennifer, and her family."

• Judge Jeanine Pirro says, "Mention the term 'domestic violence' and one typically visualizes a man beating a woman -- his fist clenched and the woman cowering in fear. But it is often much worse than that. Some men do more than abuse. They kill who and what is most loved by their intended victim. I know. I started one of the first domestic violence units in the nation as a young prosecutor in 1978 when battered women were considered irrelevant, inconsequential and responsible for their own abuse. The events of the last few days in Chicago involving the deaths of Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother and seven-year-old nephew are traumatizing to say the least. Because they involve a celebrity we are focused on them but make no mistake these kinds of events happen on a frequent basis in the civil war that rages across this country by men who kill the women they said they loved. There is no way to know right now who is responsible for these murders but my prosecutorial antennae are up." Click here for a list of questions Judge Jeanine says need to be answered.

Essence reports Tiffany "New York" Pollard, a self-professed nemesis of Jennifer's who has reportedly made disparaging remarks about the actress after learning she was engaged to former "I Love New York 2" contestant David Otunga, made a YouTube video offering her condolences and an apology for her previous behavior.
Bringing your Mom to the Oscars Losers Who Are Winners

next: Men Love You in Red
Dorothy October 28, 2008, 7:39 AM

So Very Sad…I am praying for you and your family Jennifer…I am praying for your sister…How sad that she also lost her son to this senseless crime. God Bless You All!!

Penny October 28, 2008, 8:05 AM

I am so sorry to hear the bad news I can’t even imagine the heart ache you and your sister are going thru right now. It is so sense less.

marvin wright October 28, 2008, 12:10 PM

Jennifer I know how you feel to lose
someone in your family. I will pray for
you and your family
God Bless you all

Brittney October 28, 2008, 3:33 PM

You just can’t image how sorry I’m for your lose, I will keep you all in my prays. God Bless You

Pat Moss October 28, 2008, 5:12 PM

Dear Jennifer: I lost my son from a tragic disease that is inherted,but although his death is not as tragic and what yours and your sister, is in great measures,but I do understand the loss…Your family is now with God and they no longer have to be stuck in this hateful world like we do…But be it known that the person that did this horrific thing to your family will have to deal with God..God will have a field with that person…I pity the fool…My family send our deepest sympathy to you and Your sister, we wish you comfort from God and from your fans that love you

Diane Johnson October 28, 2008, 5:45 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother, brother and nephew. Just keep God in your heart and he will see you through.

Cherish October 28, 2008, 6:24 PM

Jennifer, I am sorry to her about your recent tragedy. Just know that they are in a better place now. Whoever did this is going to have to answer God. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you and yours

CHARLES MURPHY October 28, 2008, 8:24 PM

GOD. LOVE. YOU.

Laeitta October 28, 2008, 9:23 PM

Jennifer first i would like to start off saying that God is always there. He knows your hurt and pain and is always there to hold you through these tough times. I know they will be hard. Im deeply sorry about your loss and pray the peace of God to you and your family’s heart. I’ve just lost someone also very close to me also. Remember that they all are in a greater place than this. God got them girl. Girl turn off the tv and the computer and block all that media out. Spend time with your family and with God. He wants to heal ya and wants you near Him so he can so. He loves ya and as a big young fan of yours i do too. God has not forgotten you and you are always in my prayers. You are a great role model to me.Sing good songs and remember that God got ur back and catching every tear. Make the devil made by rejoicing in your grief. Stand tall and strong. God will hold ur hand and our prayers are right behind Him. Love ya girl!

One of ur young biggest fans,
Laeitta

(u can email me if you want!
virgin22angel@yahoo.com)

sade d October 29, 2008, 2:02 PM

I will be praying 4 u and ur family.

jen  October 29, 2008, 6:22 PM

my prayers go out to Jennifer and her family . i cry for this family like it was my own , the morning her nephew was found i was having my morning coffee 6am i got this chill and i foresaw what police would find , , sorry for your loss

Fashion Merchandising October 12, 2010, 5:45 PM

Appreciate it for this article! Yet, I had a problem viewing this article in IE. Just wished to provide that for your interest! Thanks.

How To Tow Car November 25, 2010, 12:47 AM

The solution is to gradually become free of societal rewards and learn how to substitute for them rewards that are under one’s own powers. This is not to say that we should abandon every goal endorsed by society; rather, it means that, in addition to or instead of the goals others use to bribe us with, we develop a set of our own.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 27, 2010, 4:30 PM

Very helpful reading. Thank you, you describe the topic very well

marbella property December 10, 2010, 5:01 AM

Useful info. Thanks, very useful indeed…

hair styles 2012 men medium December 22, 2010, 4:21 AM

Merchant Services December 24, 2010, 5:45 PM

Hey there, good report, a colleague from the fashion marketplace linked me to your internet site.

Drug rehab December 28, 2010, 6:57 PM

alcoholism n. A disorder characterized by the excessive consumption of and dependence on alcoholic beverages, leading to physical and psychological.

Free Articles January 3, 2011, 1:49 PM

You completed various fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found a good number of people will go along with with your blog.

Ebony Tsunoda January 24, 2011, 6:07 AM