The Truth About the Jolie-Pitt's Nannies

We heard Brangelina had six nannies, so we went straight to the source. What's the real deal?

angelina jolie

It was widely reported Wednesday that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have six to eight nannies working for them to help take care of their adorable brood of six. But when momlogic asked Jolie's rep, he told us that the story is untrue! Jolie's rep Oren Segal tells momlogic that the family only employs two part-time nannies and they do not live on the property.

Don't believe everything you read online, people!

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
Celeb Moms of Twins Brangelina Fabulous Unwed Couples

next: "Melrose Place" Remake in the Works!
amanda October 30, 2008, 2:36 PM

Hmmm well I would be quite mad if she had 6 nannies. Why does she feel the need to have all these kids and cant even take care of them herself?

Kara October 30, 2008, 3:11 PM

Amanda - think about it. Even if she did employ 6 nannies wouldn’t that be a fate better than an orphanage or worse?? Even if all the horrible stuff written about them was even half true don’t you think those kids are better off now? Everyone makes such a fuss but honestly, I think what they are doing is admirable. They have the money, the time and the dedication so why not? And if they get extra help? That means they want to make sure their kids needs are met. I don’t see anyone making a big deal out of other people that adopt so many kids.

Natalie October 30, 2008, 4:31 PM

I really admire Angelina, and I think it’s really awesome that she only has two part time nannies. That means she takes care of her 6 kids by herself most of the time (with Brad’s help of course). And I must admit, if I had 6 kids all under age 7, I’d need all the help I can get!

Jon October 30, 2008, 4:31 PM

I’m sorry, but who cares how many nannies Brangelina have for the kids?

Maly October 30, 2008, 6:55 PM

I really admire her and her interest in adopting different race. If more star would do the same as her, i think this world would be a better place to live and if more of them care enough to do like she did. most of them don’t have any good thing to say about her but bad and they are jealous of her that she was on the spot light so much. I like her and what she did for those kids. You can not find to many of people like her in this world. she is an awesome person and i will pick her person of the year for 2008.

tlynn October 30, 2008, 7:32 PM

It seems to me that since nannies are not slaves, nannies need days off and nights, too. So even if I had 3 nannies I might only have one at a time actually on duty. So quit being so harsh. They seem like nice people who DO spend lots of times with their kids.

JMM October 30, 2008, 7:47 PM

Take care of 6 kids for one night and then judge her for having nannies. I bet she’s present and pleasant to be with when she’s with her kids because she doesn’t have to deal with a lot of the BS that comes with it. What is she supposed to do if Mad has a school event or the babies have a doctor appt. They’ve got the cash so what’s the problem?

Tammy October 30, 2008, 8:24 PM

Of cooooooooourse the rep is telling the truth! (note the sarcasm) Because he’d have no reason to deny a rumor like that, would he now? I mean, there’s no snippy moms just waiting on a website to berate them if they did have six nannies…

cara October 30, 2008, 11:02 PM

I thought she didn’t have a rep.?

1stlady October 30, 2008, 11:47 PM

Try taking care of ONE child under five non-stop, 24-7 and you will see why they need and should have nannies. They do have careers as well. Besides that nannies can work in shifts with six kids, two being twins. Why should they have to explain anything to you people??? I know I wouldn’t….

Debra October 31, 2008, 9:13 AM

I think it all is admirable..but i wonder why she doesn’t adopt from the US? There are so many children here that have nothing..or are in foster homes. Or being left at fire houses..if she has 20 nannies - WHO CARES. she is helping nourish,nurture and develop young minds! GOOD FOR HER. I only hope her and Brad stay together thru all this and people leave them alone. She is indeed a beautiful person with a heart of gold. I wish them both the best and wish their family great things!

rradiogirl October 31, 2008, 9:20 AM

Don’t Brad and Angie (when photographed together) look like they’re about to throw down right where they are and start making out/ravaging each other.
Magnetism, much?

Maritza October 31, 2008, 10:46 AM

I love kids too but I don’t think there is need to have so many. She could do so much more just by giving huge donations to orphanages and hiring people to make sure that money is used wisely.

Melissa November 2, 2008, 12:04 PM

Hi I am a nanny in New York City the couple that I work for has three children, they’re no where close to being rich as Brad and Angie and they have a nannies for each kid. So every one who has notthing nice to say, say nothing at all. I think they are doing a great job its really hard for they to try and protect there children. Angies oldest son went to school in the city it was so hard for her after school to trying to get him. I really felt sorry for her I was there she was very nice but I could tell all she care about was getting her son away from this mob of photograghers.

Anita November 9, 2008, 7:31 PM

The problems with Brad and Angelina are MUCH bigger than the number of nannies they have. Their biggest problems are that he is an adulterer and she is a homewrecker, not to mention they are both fornicators! If they want to keep their children safe they could keep themselves out of the spotlight. There are a lot of celebrities that maintain theirs and their children’s privacy by keeping a low profile. Its just that Angelina is too vain to fade into the shadows. She’s shown that her whole life. Remember how she had to wear BillyBob’s blood around her neck and tell all the reporters at a ‘red carpet’ event that they ‘screwed’ in the limo on the way? She is disgusting, and I feel sorry for those kids!

windyblue November 19, 2008, 6:39 PM

A Rep for the family would say anything to protect the family that is what they are paid for. They got bigger problems than that. For one they are not married.
And Angelina, she has become nothing more than a baby machine.

just saying... April 25, 2010, 8:26 AM

Okay, having a nanny is not a sin. Granted. Just wanted to point that out to all those kiss @sses out there giving others a hard time because Angelina is such a perfect person. I CAN agree with you in that. Some people would rather make children, then work full time, and are aware children need tending to, so they get a nanny, or 6. That is completely fine with me. Don’t hate her for that.
But I DO have a problem with someone going out of their way to point out how they are always the hands on parent, never needs a nanny, wants to be a good mother and spend time with them only, then goes out and pays for nannies to assist. THIS I have a problem with because it is hypocritical. Angelina is so busy trying to be the alpha female in everything she does: clothing, looks, acting skills, humanitarianism, donations, motherhood, that she doesn’t even pay attention to all of her stories. First no nannies, then one, now two, even though there is now proof of six, she can never get it right, and when caught in a lie, for some reason it’s okay. I could understand if they are two hard working adults who got pregnant by accident, and their schedules made it complicated to care for a child at all times, but these two, mainly her, decided to add more an more children to the bunch, and now hire help, even though they said they don’t need it.
STOP WITH THE LYING! Angelina is no better than ANY woman on this planet, and maybe if she wasn’t so blatantly fake, she would have a bigger fanbase. Nothing is wrong with having nannies, but there is something wrong with pretending to be the better person, and lying about it. Don’t collect a ton of children if you can’t take care of them. If you decide to have children, and add to a family, you also have to plan to work your already existing lives around them. If you are already handling too much on the plate, don’t go back for seconds. And if you plan to have children only for someone else from the get go to take care of them, then you shouldn’t be a mother.

Facebook Likes December 9, 2010, 8:36 PM

Many thanks for creating a honest attempt to give an explanation for this. I feel very strong about it and would like to nkwo more. If it’s OK, as you find out more intensive knowledge, may you thoughts posting more posts very similar to this one with more guidelines?

phen375 review January 6, 2011, 6:04 PM

Women generally speaking usually are not trying to shed substantial amounts of weight for the most part. Most of the men and women using phen375 are simply seeking to lose A few to be able to Twenty five pounds on average and normally its belly fat. Most are healthful, visit the health club type folks. They just have not been able to lose body fat on their own stomach or have reached a Plato. Belly fat concerns typically begin to take place for women at about the time regarding or right after child birth and also later within age group pre and post being menopausal. It seems like to hit females while right now there hormonal changes are usually transforming; it’s an ordinary process of lifestyle or perhaps is it? I will demonstrate the actual excess fat kept in the tummy or even stomach region differs and the more you’ve than it the particular whores your own junk imbalance will end up.

comet laptops March 2, 2011, 3:09 AM

I don’t unremarkably comment but I gotta tell regards for the post on this great one : D.