The Ugliest Shoes You'll Probably Wear

In this case, comfort is NOT key. Please ... don't buy these ...

OMG, look at what they've come up with now -- the CrocUgg? Seriously, we all know comfort is key, but please ... don't wear these. When you see them, don't say: "ohhh, they're ugly but they'll be great in the rain or snow!" or "Wow, I can wear these with jeans or sweats or ... well anything." No, you cannot. This is not subjective: The Croc must go. Period. End of story. Now, go to your room!

What do you think of these shoes? Comment in the momlogic community.

UGGCROCC

next: There Really Is a Thin Line Between Love and Hate
dena October 29, 2008, 7:40 PM

I don’t like crocs because I can’t wear them because I have narrow feet. When I put a pair on my feet look huge. Hate it when I can’t wear a popular shoe.

Annie Pepsoe October 29, 2008, 8:09 PM

I love Uggs and Crocs so I think you guys are crazy!!! These shoes aren’t that ugly!!!!!!!!!!! : (

Dorris October 29, 2008, 9:10 PM

lmao, wow

Doesn't matter October 29, 2008, 9:39 PM

You try having a size 14 EEE (thats double extra wide) foot. They dont make sandals or flip-flops or anything fashionable in my size. Its crocs and steel toe work boots, thats all I can fit my foot in.

Jessica October 29, 2008, 10:21 PM

I love Crocs. I have a pair of them in black with the winter lining. I wear them all the time. They are so comfy!!! I really don’t care what people think of my shoes. I have a toddler and I am all about what is comfy.

Tricia October 29, 2008, 11:18 PM

There was a time my feet hurt so bad all I could wear were Birkenstocks at $160 a pair. But now I can wear these for 1/4 of the price. They may not be all that hot to look at but those hot looking high heels is what ruined my feet to begin with.

thetoboggangirl October 30, 2008, 12:58 AM

eh, I think everyone should just adhere to this rule: if you’re not on a boat or working in a restaurant, crocs are a no. they’re slip-resistant boating shoes, and they’re super-comfortable, but they are not a good accessory.

thetoboggangirl October 30, 2008, 1:00 AM

oh, and tricia, they have high-heeled crocs, if you’re still into the heel thing. =]

PC October 30, 2008, 8:56 AM

I hated crocs when they first came out. I thought they looked like clown shoes. then i tried the cruggs just to be funny in a store and bought them immediately after that. last winter and this fall, those have been the only shoes i’ve worn. i can wear them with almost anything and they feel like you’re walking on clouds. i also bought a pair of the cruggs for my mother who has feet problems. her feet never bother her in these shoes. i’m not sure about the boots though. they may be a little much. if you want boots with the fur, go for uggs. they’re not the most flattering to look at but they will flatter your feet.

Mark October 30, 2008, 10:36 AM

These are ugly shoes but everyone out there, especially Americans have horrible taste so there is no question about these being popular. Ahhh..what ever happened to the Chanel, Armani clad? Obsolete.

Janelle October 30, 2008, 11:04 AM

Crocs have been a great answer for me. They are comfortable and easy on and off. This is important if you are like me and have had a foot injury and can’t wear heels or bend your foot without pain. I’ll make a deal - I’ll ignore all you snobby appearance obsessed mom’s who run to the grocery store or to fill up the car in high heals and dry clean only clothes and you ignore me in my comfortable practical shoes and clothes. Live and let live. Surely you have more important things to think about than someone else’s shoes.

momof2 October 30, 2008, 11:32 AM

OK, I do think crocs are ugly. But my son has extra wide feet, and so crocs are the only “sandals” that fit him. And I’m a yoga teacher and need something warm to slip on in and out of the gym. Crocs are way better for your feet than Uggs, so I’d wear these, ugly as they are, I don’t need to make a fashion statement everytime. And the shoes I was looking at, lined Merrells, are $90! I know these are cheaper.

Sheli October 30, 2008, 11:37 AM

My two year old grandson wore his regular crocs constantly this summer, they were easy for him to put on by himself, and yes my daughter has already purchased the winter crocs for him this winter and he loves them. When you can get a two year old to wear shoes it doesn’t really matter how they look. They do make his feet sweat alot though!
Personally I think crocs are UGLY! but I wouldn’t tell him that!!

renee October 30, 2008, 9:26 PM

i HATE crocs they are sooo ugly

wendy  October 31, 2008, 12:22 AM

OK,as for wearing in public,no.But as for the shoe one i’d love a pair to wear as slippers.Don’t you hate when you need to run outside for a second and you forget your slippers aren’t waterproof and bam,wet feet.After a hard day at work in shoes that are so cute but your feet are screaming by the end of the day these would be great lightweight slippers and my toes would be warm.Would i wear them out to the store,NO,lol.

Anonymous October 31, 2008, 11:22 AM

I think if you are going to dress as though you just got out of bed…… stay in bed!

ELSA November 3, 2008, 1:46 PM

SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY LOOK O.K. IN THESE SHOES SO WHY NOT WEAR THEM IF YOU LOOK O.K. OR FEEL COMFORTABLE.I PERSONALLY DONT LOOK O.K. IN THOSE SHOES,AND I FIND THEM EXPENSIVE FOR PLASTIC SHOES.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 3:00 PM

I don’t own any crocs but my feet are starting to get cold in my flip-flops and these look mighty cozy. Ugly sure but I think my feet would forgive me.

Kristin November 7, 2008, 9:15 AM

I would wear them to check the mail or take the trash out or to drink my coffee on the patio - BUT NOT IN PUBLIC!

guessitbitch November 13, 2008, 9:40 PM