A new diet has people eating bananas by the droves. But is it healthy?
The Morning Banana Diet is simple:
• For breakfast, eat a banana (or as many as you want) and a glass of room temperature water.
• You can eat anything you like for lunch and dinner -- even fried foods -- as long as you're finished eating by 8 p.m.
• A three o'clock snack is okay, but dessert is prohibited -- and you must go to bed before midnight.
• You can drink a bit of room-temperature water at meals, but only a little bit. Don't drink too much water throughout the day. You can drink alcohol at social events.
• You can work out if you really want to but otherwise don't worry about it. You don't want to put any stress on your body.
Experts question The Morning Banana Diet, saying the human body has three essential nutrients -- carbohydrates, fat and protein -- and that the rule is to balance these three nutrients and a daily calorie intake -- not O.D. on one specific food.
But fried food whenever you want, and skipping the gym? We're in.
Tell us -- would you try this diet?