Extreme Shoes: WTH?

We like the new haircut, but the shoes? We don't get it...

david and victoria beckham and her crazy boots

Posh and hottie hubby David Beckham were in NY this weekend for the launch of Beckham's new cologne. The pair looked good -- he was in a striped suit and she was sporting a grey mini dress. But did ya see the boots? Not only were they skin-tight and knee-high, but umm....they didn't have a heel! The designer, Antonio Berardi claims his newest heelless collection has "something ballerina-like about them." Yeah, no s**t, it's like having to walk on pointe! Apparently celebs like Uma Thurman and Gwyneth Paltrow have also ordered a pair. There definitely were some extreme shoes seen on the Spring runways -- we just thought maybe they were just for show...

P.S.: Posh' heelless boots cost $3600
Check out these other crazy shoes

Extreme Shoes

next: 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua': The Kids LOVE it
Anonymous October 6, 2008, 8:37 PM

How is the Aminaka Berardi a shoe? Looks painful!

Anonymous October 7, 2008, 6:46 AM

Proof that you can have too much money? These shoes are clearly designed by people who have lost their minds!I don’t know who’s nuttier the designer or the person who buys these so called shoes. All I can say is the “Emperor has no clothes” is in full effect!

Tracy October 7, 2008, 8:21 AM

Clearly for someone that doesn’t have to run after children. I’ll stick to my Nike’s thank you!

Natalie October 7, 2008, 8:28 AM

Runway fashions are not supposed to be worn. They’re over the top for a reason!It’s an idea, and then, if they’re to be sold, the idea is pared down a bit. She was probably wearing those “shoes” for all of 10 or 15 minutes.

Vicki October 7, 2008, 10:29 AM

I REALLY believe that these people would wear dog s**t it someone told them it would look good. I wonder if some of them have mirrors or if any of them have read (assuming they can read) “The Emperior’s New Clothes”.

Michelle Fears October 7, 2008, 12:55 PM

Hehehe, look guys, Posh is wearing stupid shoes but nobody will tell her.

jackie October 7, 2008, 1:01 PM

I love this gallery-soooo funny. AS IF we’d ever wear ANY of these as moms-let alone spend 3600 dollars! Those glass ones just look like stripper shoes with flowers. Hilarious.

lisa October 7, 2008, 1:03 PM

In this economy, what better thing to do than spend 4000 on the ugliest shoes you’ve ever seen. HAHAHAHAH It does give me a laugh though!

AK Mom October 7, 2008, 5:40 PM

Emperor’s New Clothes anyone?????

Michelle October 8, 2008, 12:38 AM

LOL, stupid people with too much money are going to fall down. Heehee….. Is it bad that I’m looking forward to it??!!

Rikki October 8, 2008, 12:55 AM

I saw that picture of Posh a few days ago and kind of threw up in my throat. Those boots are hideous and ridiculous. They just look silly.

laeni October 30, 2008, 5:22 PM

honestly? i love her boots. if u look @ them, they really do look like ballerina shoes! i think they look really pretty. and marc jacob’s purple and blue shoes? sooo cute! i would ttly buy fendi’s, tho. they would go great w/ my new dress :)

Shawna November 3, 2008, 9:25 AM

Odd!!! Very very odd!! All of them!!! I would break my neck if I wear any of those shoes!!!!

Jessi November 3, 2008, 1:22 PM