Remember when you were five years old and you told your mom you wanted to be just like her someday? Well, now that you're a mom, you've probably said to yourself, you don't want to be like her. You want to be different. You want to be better. Well, guess what? She wants to be different and better too. She wants to be the best Grandma in the entire world. I'm sure you can agree, she probably is the best (after all, she did raise you!) But let's face it, times have changed and parenting is different now.
There are some things that she needs to know if she wants to win that title. On the flip side, there are some things that you need to know if you want to be as great of a mom as she was... Well, we've got the pointers!
MOM to GRANDMA: Things You Should Know
1) Just because you're cold, it doesn't mean the baby needs a sweater.
2) I do think you know what you're talking about, I just think the pediatrician knows more.
3) Two Words: Fisher-Price. Not only did I grow up playing with this brand when I was a kid, but now you can check out their website dedicated to grandparents. It's one stop shopping for great toys and resources, including fun activities and practical advice.
4) Macaroni and Cheese works for colds just as good as soup.
5) Don't forget about me. I came first.
GRANDMA to MOM: Things You Should Know
1) Let us give them "treats." That's what makes us sweet!
2) I'm not too old to bend, crawl, lift, chase and run after your little one. In fact, I may be in better shape than you.
3) My criticism comes from my own regrets. Although, you turned out okay!
4) Giving gifts aren't just for birthdays or holidays in Grandma's world!
5) I told you one day you'd be a mom and you too would "see." But just wait 'til you're a Grandma, it's even better!
For more great tips, go to www.fisher-price.com/grandparents to sign up for their newsletter!