Casey Complained about "Mommy Duties"

According to recently released text messages, Casey blamed Caylee for missing a party.

Casey Anthony Mommy Duties

Local 6 News reports text message records show Casey Anthony's partying was constrained by what she called "mommy duties," and said "waiting around sucks" when her parents failed to get home in time for Casey to go out.

Here's the rundown of Casey's test messages on May 3 at 4:21 PM:

Anthony and then best friend Amy Huizenga made plans to attend a party.

"Any more details on that party?" Anthony asked.

But about two hours later, Anthony sent Huizenga a text message reading, "Cross your fingers that my parents get back soon. God, I need this tonight."

"But apparently, her daughter, Caylee, needed her more," Pipitone said.

Two hours later, Anthony sent another message.

"I'm trying to get a hold of my mom to see when they're coming home. Sitting around waiting sucks," Anthony said.

Three hours after that, Anthony gave up on her party plans, telling Huizenga that she would take a rain check.

"Downtown tomorrow? My mom owes me," Anthony sent in a text message.

About a week later, a boyfriend sent a message about his regret over Anthony being absent from the party scene.

"Thought you were coming out last night," it said.

"Yeah, so did I," Anthony replied. "Mommy duties."

On May 23 at 7:48 PM, Anthony told Huizenga, "I'm going to stay home," promising to go out the next night. "I already cleared it with my madre."

Anthony attended a party that weekend, which combined with her daughter's disappearance, gained her national notoriety, Pipitone said.

On May 24, Anthony sent Huizenga a text that said, "The cops came around 1:15 and broke up the party."

The next night, Anthony attended an "anything-but-clothes" party and sent another message to Huizenga.

"You will officially see the American flag in all its glory tonight," Anthony's message said.

Anthony also attended a Friday night hip-hop party at the Fusion nightclub, telling a former boyfriend on June 13,

"You guys should definitely come. $5 cover, super hot shot girls, a hot body contest."

In other Casey Anthony news, according to the Orlando Sentinel, Caylee's grandparents George and Cindy Anthony will issue a statement later this week through their new family representative, Michelle Bart. "Hopefully, by the end of the week the public will understand why we've been searching for Caylee Marie," Bart told the Sentinel. "We truly believe that Caylee Marie is alive." Momlogic will keep you posted when the statement is released.

next: Holiday Child Custody How-To
Gloria November 17, 2008, 11:37 PM

Casey did not express her regret about missing the party in any sort of aggressive way. Any other young single mother could have texted the same thing.
Wasn’t there a loud fight going on in the Anthony household that was overheard by neighbours that fateful day Casey left with Caylee for the last time? It was reported on the news. I’m still convinced Caylee would be alive today if Casey had been allowed to give her up for adoption, and/or if there had not been some huge issues, family secrets, that pushed Casey over the edge.

Sam November 18, 2008, 12:36 AM

Two statements saying that she was disappointed that she could not make it to a party does not make her a murderer. What mother hasn’t at time or another been disappointed when she wanted to go someplace and did not have a sitter? People are blowing this all out of context. I think the media should give this story a rest until they have specifics. They are just doing a lot of guessing.

Burg November 18, 2008, 5:28 AM

I don’t think we can take anything that Casey says with any seriousness. You have to remember that everything that she says is a lie and that everything she does is to her own personal benefit. I think that she had other plans for those missed party evenings. Maybe she was sexing it up with a new boytoy or something like that. Maybe she was having her monthly - that would put a crimp in party plans too.
-Burg-

Laurie November 18, 2008, 7:13 AM

This case has me suspicious of everyone around me. Have we become so selfish and uncaring? I am recognizing Casey’s traits in a lot of people. Lie to make yourself look good - lie to make people feel sorry for you - lie to have power over people - lie to have people love you. Create a surface image of what you want people to see - that is what it is all about. Respect for oneself and others is becoming a lost art. This case is the extreme, of course, but has made me realize how much around me is fake and careless.

007 November 18, 2008, 9:21 AM

Gloria and Sam… WELL SAID!

angela November 18, 2008, 2:15 PM

I can’t believe you people are defending this woman! Are you blind! This woman has to be the worst excuse for a mother. Even if she didn’t kill her child, what type of mother just hands he child off to someone. I don’t believe this babysitter story one bit! Not the story about the apartment or the one about the park. I don’t believe she just out of the blue have given up this child for adoption. Information like that would be on her computer. This is just a little spoiled brat, (probaly from lack of spankings),sociopath that thinks her looks are gonna once again give her a pass. It’s gonna take rednecks like yourself on the jury not to let this woman fry for her crime.

Stacey November 18, 2008, 3:17 PM

Yes, these texts prove she wanted to go out and have a good time with friends. She’s not writing that her parents aren’t home yet but “I am coming with Caylee to the party”, or “I’ll see you there” w/o any indication that her parents are not home, thus little Caylee being left alone or with the “babysitter”. Her parents weren’t home yet, she acknowledged she couldn’t make the party. Or, she had mommy duties and can’t go out. As far as I’m concerned, people should stop putting these text messages up over and over again. I see nothing new said here that other young mother’s would not say. I know I know, there will be a young mother who says “no, not me, I love my child and gave up that life”. I understand this very well and I myself gave up going out every weekend because of my child. However, for every one of us there are a handful who would want a night out, and as they would say, need it! My idea of going out is a glass of wine or cold pint at home…. for Casey and other young mothers, it’s something else. That in itself does not lead me to believe they would be capable of neglect, endangerment, murder, etc… unless of course you say there’s a babysitter your child stays with that nobody can find a trace of… now there’s something more concrete than these particular text messages. To that I have to say, “Casey, where the F*%# is your daughter?!?!?!”

Anonymous November 18, 2008, 7:24 PM

Oh boy! I just took a closer look at the photo of Caylee and Casey that comes with this article. It reminded me of what Cindy kept telling the detective, “but she really loved that baby…but she really loved that baby!” A picture’s worth a thousand words, they say. My interpretation, looking at it, is that there’s an undeniable bond there. That baby loves her mom and vice versa. But love is no guarantee that you won’t kill, especially if you find yourself losing it to someone else.

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 1:56 PM

You gave me some wonderful ideas for my own site.

Merchant Account December 23, 2010, 11:48 PM

thanks from los angeles

Sonny Aspell January 24, 2011, 12:12 PM

You gave me some good ideas for my own internet site.

Mario Siglow February 1, 2011, 4:29 PM

You are a very intelligent person!

Kristopher Dacres February 20, 2011, 6:07 PM

Awsome post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is actually the best place to ask but do you folks have any ideea where to get some professional writers? Thanks :)

Wasserbetten February 26, 2011, 2:52 PM

I just additional this web site to my favorite features. I enjoy reading your posts.

program tv February 27, 2011, 8:35 AM

Super story it is really. I have been waiting for this content.

Rebeca Primes February 27, 2011, 9:55 AM

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours lately, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It’s lovely worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the net might be much more helpful than ever before.

Steve Jave February 27, 2011, 2:16 PM

Very useful publish here. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me. I will certainly be back.

hearing loss treatment February 28, 2011, 7:21 AM

I keep listening to the newscast speak about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i find some?

Impotenz February 28, 2011, 2:33 PM

It has been interesting but how will i bookmark this particular?

Keira Ewalt February 28, 2011, 5:32 PM

I am really glad I have found this info. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually annoying. A good web site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this website, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.