Casey Anthony's Shocking Revelation

Why is Casey's defense team changing its story?

casey anthony

Despite claims as recent as Wednesday that missing toddler Caylee Anthony is still alive, mom and accused killer Casey Anthony's defense team now has a new story.

In a 30-page document sent to prosecutors, her lawyers argue that if Caylee is dead, "it was almost certainly a tragic accident." The documents state Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. Their bottom line: The cause of death may have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

Huh?

The documents describe Casey as confused, possibly even depressed. They say Casey's behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and especially in the months before the little girl vanished. Also that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that Casey is not normal and could be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

Why the new story? Reports say Casey is trying to avoid the death penalty.

• The defense says the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case because she is a young mom and has never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee, the story Casey has used -- until now.

Even more shocking: In an attempt to evoke sympathy for Casey, her lawyers plan to show the jury photos of her as a baby. The photographs show Casey, 22, as an infant, playing with her brother Lee, and surrounded by family members.

Tell us -- is Casey Anthony mentally ill? Should she be spared the death penalty? Comment in the momlogic community.

next: Obama Victory Celebration Squashed By Bigotry
sandi s - lexington ky November 6, 2008, 1:28 PM

Are you kidding me??? Did little Caylee have a choice? Her life is over at the hands of Casey’s so what or how could anyone justify that Casey should be granted anymore privilege with a chance at life than little Caylee was ever given? I have never been for the death penalty until these moms started killing their children over the last few years. If a little child is not safe in the hands of their own mothers then who are they safe with.
So the defense team claims Casey has been depressed. She didn’t seem too depressed or confused about wanting to party and sleep around. She IS a selfish, self centered person and eliminated the one thing standing in the way of her true freedom to be the carefree party girl. The very sight of her sickens me.

Maggies Mom November 6, 2008, 1:29 PM

Hi, I was online last night and I saw a news video with Casey’s parents running to their car with smiles on their faces and her father said that “caylee is alive and well” and they will talk about it later..anyone have any idea what that was all about?

Jennifer November 6, 2008, 1:31 PM

She is 100% guilty of murdering her child. She shows no remorse for Caylee. We are talking about HER child not a missing pet. As a mother you are made to protect and love your children - not to play God with their lives. Casey Anthony is guilty and I think she needs to be made an example of. Too many babies are loosing their lives at the hands of the parents and finally someone needs to stand up and say ENOUGH…let the punishment fit the crime!

laura November 6, 2008, 1:31 PM

“young” means nothing!!!! and “no criminal record”? puh-leese! it all starts somewhere….and murder, that’s a biggie…so if you murder someone but it’s a first time offense, then you should be shown mercy and a little consideration? this woman never cared about her child while she was alive or dead! She is only worried about her own heiny now - let her get what she went after - everything she has coming to her is he just rewards.

barbara November 6, 2008, 1:32 PM

Casey had plenty of time to own up to this so called accident. She never did. If it was an accidental oversedation then she should have called 911 for help and faced the consequences of her actions. I also agree her youth has nothing to do with this, she is old enough to know right from wrong. She should just step up to the plate and admit what she did and tell authorities what she did with the body. The search team will find Caylee’s body. God bless your sweet little heart Caylee, I personally will never forget you!

JrzWrld November 6, 2008, 1:37 PM

She’s a sociopath. I’d love to see the mental health assessments on her. If she were mentally ill, she would have displayed some sort of guilt or remorse.

Yvonne November 6, 2008, 1:41 PM

I just don’t understand why Casey Anthony’s lawyers are saying that she’s too young to get the death penalty. I think that would have to be something that her parents would have to say about her. I mean this is a mother who says that she hasn’t done any harm to her daughter. Yet, she will not admit what really happened to her daughter. I mean since she was in jail, she has never once showed any kind of remorse about her daughter being missing. The only emotion that she has shown was when they were reading all of the charges that she’s made and how long that she was going to spend in jail. And not only that, but from what sources say, she has no photo’s of her daughter while she’s in her cell. And the most ridiculous thing now is that her laywers are planning to show photos of Casy when she was a baby? I just cannot believe how far they are going to attempt sympathy to the judge and the jury in this trial. I mean what is that supposed to say really? To me, I feel that this woman does not deserve to be raoming around this country as a free woman knowing that she have possibly murdered her daughter, Caylee.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 1:47 PM

if she is mentally astute enough to make up this elaborate detailed story of the disappearance then her mental capacity is very intact!!!!!!

JOAN November 6, 2008, 1:49 PM

I felt sorry for George Anthony when he stopped at the spot along the road where possible Caylee is buried. I feel very strongly the he has always doubted his daughter’s story. He just wants his grandbaby back.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 1:51 PM

if her mental capacity is intact enough to fabricate such an elaborate and detailed story of the disappearance and not the “death” it goes to validate that she knew and knows right from wrong and the wrong part would require a BIG ole lie or else she would spend the rest of her life in the BIG ole house!!!

sharebear November 6, 2008, 1:53 PM

She is not too young for the death penalty, and she should be sentenced accordingly. Life in prison, minimally.

Otherwise, there is no deterrent factor here to prevent other lazy, thoughtless mothers from committing the same act.

Casey only cares about Casey. Cindy only cares about Cindy being thought of as a bad mother. The apple did not fall far the tree!!!

She is not mentally ill or depressed. She is a narcissitic person who cares only about herself.

It does not matter what the defense does, she will be found Guilty and will spend her life behind bars at the very least, which is as it should be.

Deb November 6, 2008, 1:59 PM

I have sympathy for the grandparents, not the so-called mother. My guess is that in an effort to either party with friends or be with her boyfriend, Casey began sedating her daughter with chloroform and eventually killed her. But a mental illness! No one with a mental illness would then spin the elaborate web of lies she has told since her daughter’s disappearance in June. Too many “mothers” are killing their children because they find them to be inconvenient and are getting off. Casey is right where she belongs and if she gets the death penalty, she will probably suffer much less in death than her daughter. I pray that the authorities are able to find this little girl and bring her home to be given a proper burial.

Kelly November 6, 2008, 2:03 PM

An accident is called into 911 right away!

Alexandra November 6, 2008, 2:04 PM

My guess is she did something stupid, Caylee died as a result, and she was trying to cover it up. I’ve seen it this way for a while now.

That gasoline—she may have tried to burn the body to get rid of evidence.

Did she honestly think that the truth wouldn’t come out? She might as well spill.

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 2:11 PM

007, a mistake? A mistake, that is an understatement don’t you think? Yes, God can forgive her, but she has to pay for her “mistake”….she hasn’t even confessed to it. She murdered her child!

Beth November 6, 2008, 2:17 PM

Casey Anthony is just about as slick as snot on a glass door knob. Aside from her nickname “Crazy Casey”, that she ain’t. From all I heard and read these past few months I have come to firmly believe that Casey Anthony felt trapped by motherhood and that Caylee cramped her style. It was just a matter of time before she killed this child and after that she never looked back. I pray for God to forgive her and those parents of hers who share a lot of this blame. You can show me EVERY picture you have of Casey as a child…..won’t change my mind!

Sheri November 6, 2008, 2:18 PM

The fact that Casey was able to determine that the event was enough of a crime to cover it up tells me she’s not that crazy. She didn’t want to get caught. Even if it was unintentional, there was NO REMORSE….at all. She’s not crazy. She’s selfish. Give her the same thing Caylee got….THE DEATH PENALTY.

Sophia November 6, 2008, 2:21 PM

If she wasn’t too young to murder her child and if her child wasn’t too young to die in her eyes, then she is not too young to face the death penalty. Time to face the music child killer - OFF WITH HER HEAD!

Mom of five angels November 6, 2008, 2:21 PM

Obviously Casey has had problems all along only no in the past has called the police. Maybe if her parents had held her accountable for her actions before all this Caylee would be alive today.

Having Caylee at a young age is no excuse!!! I had my son at 19 and didn’t go out and party. Either I was working to support us or home with him. She is a selfish little brat. Sedating or cloroforming your own child so you can have a life, speaks for itself.

I hope that she comes clean and tells the authorities where Caylee is so there can be closure!

RIP Caylee and suffer no more.

AB's Mom November 6, 2008, 2:26 PM

Just dose her now and spare us the rest of the drama!