Casey Anthony's Shocking Revelation

Why is Casey's defense team changing its story?

casey anthony

Despite claims as recent as Wednesday that missing toddler Caylee Anthony is still alive, mom and accused killer Casey Anthony's defense team now has a new story.

In a 30-page document sent to prosecutors, her lawyers argue that if Caylee is dead, "it was almost certainly a tragic accident." The documents state Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. Their bottom line: The cause of death may have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

Huh?

The documents describe Casey as confused, possibly even depressed. They say Casey's behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and especially in the months before the little girl vanished. Also that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that Casey is not normal and could be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

Why the new story? Reports say Casey is trying to avoid the death penalty.

• The defense says the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case because she is a young mom and has never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee, the story Casey has used -- until now.

Even more shocking: In an attempt to evoke sympathy for Casey, her lawyers plan to show the jury photos of her as a baby. The photographs show Casey, 22, as an infant, playing with her brother Lee, and surrounded by family members.

Tell us -- is Casey Anthony mentally ill? Should she be spared the death penalty? Comment in the momlogic community.

next: Obama Victory Celebration Squashed By Bigotry
sandi s lexington November 6, 2008, 2:31 PM

Oh and the defense is saying it could have been an accident. How could someone EVER sedate a child? Are you kidding??? That theory can be squashed as well because of all the searches on the missing child’s websites. She very much new what she was doing and did intend to rid herself of poor defenseless little Caylee, for good. I hope she has to think about what she has done every single day for the rest of her life. If by chance she doesn’t get the death penalty, which she should, I hope all the inmates in prison, not some jail where she is protected from general population, remind her from day to day what she did to her daughter too!!!!!

Sheri November 6, 2008, 2:43 PM

The more I think about this, the madder I get. CASEY killed her baby, then threw her out like garbage. That little baby is laying out there somewhere in an unmarked grave, waiting to be eaten by animals. Do I feel sympathy for Casey…NO. Do I feel sympathy for Caylee…Yes. She deserves the death penalty. Whether it was intentional or not, where was her sympathy. She is cold, and heartless!!!! Not seeming to care doesn’t portray that she is mentally ill to me. It portrays someone who wanted to go on with her life and not get caught. She sure managed up some tears when she was being indicted for murder, so we knows she cares about one person….HERSELF…..

Chris November 6, 2008, 2:43 PM

Casey Anthony is most definately mentally ill. She is a narcacistic sociopath with disassociative tendancies, and is living in a dream world. This does not make her insane, and thus needs to stand trial and be proven guilty and pay the appropriate price. It’s just so sad, that her mother being a nurse, and saw all the signs of tragedy in the making, didn’t stand up and make something happen that could have prevented this horrible outcome for this beautiful little girl. I hope others learn something from all this, cause what a waste if nothing positive comes out of all this.

lisa November 6, 2008, 2:51 PM

Casey Anthony is not mental, The girl is gulity! If Caylee died of an accident she would have called 911, I think she intentionally killed her daughter and I have always thought that from day 1. Why all the lies? Why not giving her daughter a proper burial. Remember Casey had told Amy that her mom and dad were giving her there home, I think she possibly even planned on killing them. This girl is not mental, she is just scared of caylee getting justice because she knows exactly what she has done is wrong!

Helen B. November 6, 2008, 2:56 PM

Here’s a big revelation! If she is dead,it is certainly a tragic accident? Come on here, we are not a bunch of morons. This is as good as saying that the little twit sedated her child so she could go party and maybe she overdid it? Let me say this, I was only seventeen when my first child was born. I was married too so there is no comparison but this. My child was a whiney crying baby most of the time until he was around two or three but never for the first instant did I ever think of sedating the little fella. When other girls were out having fun with friends, I was home rocking my baby to sleep. Never a minute of regret and never a minute that I wished him away so I could go party too. This is immature little girl of 22 has no pity from me. She knew the consequences of having sex, suffered the pain of childbirth but still had no attachment to that precious little daughter. Now, to cover her butt, her defense wants us to believe that it was a tragic accident? Nah, not from where I sit and especially if she drugged her baby in the first place.
I am the mother of two grown sons with grandchildren that I cherish and would not hesitate to kill over any of them but certainly not to kill one of them. She is a heartless, selfish person and that is evident from her lack of emotion. Oh, excuse me, she did drop a few drops from eyes when her defense attorney was addressing the public on her behalf and that is only because she may feel the walls closing in on her butt! Stop the delay, get her in court and convict her and then give her the stiffest penalty available. We have seen enough of this smack on the back of the hand tactic used, get on with it!

Judi November 6, 2008, 3:03 PM

I’ve had a theory all along about this crazy case and all the lies….I believe Casey’s brother may be more involved than we know, after all didn’t he refuse the polygraph test and prevent his parents as well. Could he possibly be the father of Caylee, making her an embaressment for this entire family.
This is certainly not a reason for murder, but it might show a chaotic history for this family and keep her from getting the death penalty.
I certainly hope i’m wrong on all counts here, just a hunch

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 3:38 PM

She deserves the death penalty. How could you hurt a little one like that? And then go out and party and pretend that nothing has happened. She’s a sick woman - but I think she planned her daughter’s death because she simply didn’t want to be a young mom.

S Green November 6, 2008, 3:44 PM

Casey is motivated by two and ONLY two things - money and attention. That’s a personality disorder. Mentally ill as a defense is ridiculuous. Suspect Casey’s mom contributed to the creation of this disfunctional person. Murder 1 please or failing that,lock her up and throw away the key…….never allow her an opportunity to have another child!

Aue November 6, 2008, 4:06 PM

All I am going to say is that, if she was depressed or having mental issues, then how can someone with mental problems or depression have the mentality to go research, buy, and make chloroform. I can understand being so frustrated with people around you, but to do what she did to her only child! Anyone who has the ability to take a child’s life, should get the death penalty.

Linda Silvers November 6, 2008, 4:11 PM

I just wonder why Casey would not give that beautiful child to someone that would have taken care of her and loved her. She didnt have to kill her! I know she can be forgiven by God …but here there will be consequences to what she did. I am still in disbelief that someone could be so cruel. If they find Caylee’s little body…she deserves the death penalty . She obviously showed that beautiful child no mercy…so I dont think she deserves mercy either. But thats just me.

Karen November 6, 2008, 4:11 PM

Oh well, WESH News reporting that Prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case will NOT seek the death penalty because they do not have enough evidence.

ftknows November 6, 2008, 4:17 PM

How can anyone have sympathy for the grandparents, they are both living and knowingly presenting a lie to everyone. They both know, from the beginning, Caylee is gone and Casey did it. We are talking about a former police officer and a nurse. Not wanting to believe it is one thing but Cindy is creating her own story and forcing people to beleive it, even George(who is knowingly living a lie). One only has to listen to Cindy speak to realize that Casey is the same way, a story teller, it has to be HER way!
The sad part of all of this, is that while Casey isnt telling and Casey, Cindy, George, Baez put on this show to get Casey off, that poor innocent kid’s body is rotting away for four months in the woods instead of having a decent funeral. All to work on a defense so Casey doesnt get her just due.
Defense Attorneys are slime.

Sheri November 6, 2008, 4:21 PM

She is not mentally ill, she is a sociopath, a selfish, spoiled brat with an entitlement attitude. The state should seek the death penalty. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a past. Casey said herself, if she didn’t want Caylee she could have signed her over to her mother. Casey’s mother will learn a lesson from this, hopefully. She is the culprit behind Casey’s spoiled brat, sociopathic, issues. She needs to come forward, tell where the body is, and hope the jury spares her the death penalty. That whole family has issues and perhaps this will teach them all. The fact that little Caylee looks just like the grandmother is the exact reason she did this. She was furious with her mother the day of their fight and seeing her mother in Caylee, she took it out on that poor, helpless soul.

SG20 November 6, 2008, 4:29 PM

Lets just say my cousin went to school with her brother & my cousin brother which is not related to me, which is beside the point but wanted to clarify, went to school with Casey Anthony and well the info I got was that Casey & her mom never got along which I am sure you all have heard on TV. What I heard is that when Casey first had Caylee her mom Cindy kicked her out and said she was going to raise Caylee that she was not old enough or able to raise her own child. So as I no they don’t get along that is correct and there was allot of hate/animosity there by Casey for her mother & the way I see it was she was getting back at her mother. I hope they give her what she deserves and that is DEATH Penalty. I don’t have a child but my niece is like my child and to think of her not being here, I would climb to the heavens if I had to. I can’t imagine how having someone grow inside you for 9 months and then throw them away like they were nothing. God help her. You no I see the truth, I see that Caylee is no longer here due to her mothers doing & its sad. It’s really a sad thing to no that this child didn’t get a chance in life. I had that hope she was still alive even though its obvious she is not & even though I can’t understand why her parents are on her side I feel for George & Cindy because they loved that little girl. They need to come to reality and see the truth but I can’t imagine to no your daughter killed your granddaughter. I would love to knock Casey out!!! She is a piece of garbage….

Deb November 6, 2008, 4:32 PM

And something else that’s really rubbing me the wrong way is all this “poor Casey, poor young mother” bullsh&t!!! What about poor CAYLEE? Isn’t THAT who our sympathies should be with? Good Lord! Casey was the one who calculatingly doped the innocent child! Not the other way around!!!!

WTF??? November 6, 2008, 4:33 PM

For a scathingly, sarcastic look at Casey check out TwistedMysteryWriter.com

WTF??? November 6, 2008, 4:35 PM

“007 on November 6, 2008 1:01 PM wrote:
She is young, and made a TERRIBLE mistake. I’m sure she realizes it by now.”
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Do you think she realized it before or after the dancing on a stripper pole?

Deb November 6, 2008, 4:56 PM

Yes. I agree with ftknows. How can anyone have sympathy for the grandparents? I feel that they have known for some time now what really happened to Caylee. Listening to that crazy Grandma trying to protect her sociopathic daughter just makes me sick. They are really insulting our intelligence! And I include the Bounty Hunter and Tim Miller. They all say that the grandparents are in a state of denial. BULLSHlT! They are in a state of “how can we help Casey get away with murder?” THAT’s what they are in a state of!

Anonymous November 6, 2008, 7:35 PM

Maybe she is guilty but who on earth can judge her. Only God can judge and we are not God. We can have opinions but then it doesn’t really matter what any of us say about Casey or what we think. Caylee is missing an until we all know exactly what happened to her we should just leave it to the law.

mommy November 6, 2008, 8:31 PM

could cindy have had the chloriform she was a nurse and did wash caseys clothes and maybe she cleaned the car with it due to the smell, and i am not excusing the murder of caylee her mom killed hrr how sick that sounds but cindy tampered w/ evidace