Casey Anthony's Shocking Revelation

Why is Casey's defense team changing its story?

casey anthony

Despite claims as recent as Wednesday that missing toddler Caylee Anthony is still alive, mom and accused killer Casey Anthony's defense team now has a new story.

In a 30-page document sent to prosecutors, her lawyers argue that if Caylee is dead, "it was almost certainly a tragic accident." The documents state Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. Their bottom line: The cause of death may have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

Huh?

The documents describe Casey as confused, possibly even depressed. They say Casey's behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and especially in the months before the little girl vanished. Also that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that Casey is not normal and could be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

Why the new story? Reports say Casey is trying to avoid the death penalty.

• The defense says the death penalty is not an appropriate sentence in Casey's case because she is a young mom and has never had a criminal record. However, the documents never mention that a babysitter had kidnapped Caylee, the story Casey has used -- until now.

Even more shocking: In an attempt to evoke sympathy for Casey, her lawyers plan to show the jury photos of her as a baby. The photographs show Casey, 22, as an infant, playing with her brother Lee, and surrounded by family members.

Tell us -- is Casey Anthony mentally ill? Should she be spared the death penalty? Comment in the momlogic community.

next: Obama Victory Celebration Squashed By Bigotry
ftknows November 7, 2008, 4:25 PM

The next question is , when the find caylee’s remains will Cindy believe that her monster daughter did it? or will she weave a story like the trunk , anyone could have put her there and go on the Morning show to have people look for the Killer?
How oh ohw can this family & defense team have allowed poor Caylee’s remains to stay in those woods for this long.
Shame on all of them, just to try and save a guilty daughter.
Good Luck to the Search Team, may God be with you all.

justicia November 7, 2008, 5:20 PM

death penalty is to good for her. Stick her in a dark room with no light, except a hole in the wall where you feed her rotted bread and toilet water for the rest of her natural life…let the Witch die on her own thinking about her pathetic life…her boyfreind should be held responsable too..where was he that he let this lady do these things to his daughter???

regina November 7, 2008, 5:24 PM

YEP I AM SURE THAT SHE IS VERY AFRAID OF THE DEATH PENALTY, WHAT SHE NEEDS TO DO IS OWN UP TO WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO CAYLEE AND WHERE HER BODY CAN BE FOUND SO THAT SHE CAN BE LAID TO REST. I ALSO THINK THAT LIFE BEHIND BARS WOULD BE A MORE BEFITTING PUNISHMENT FOR HER THAN DEATH, SHE WOULD HAVE THE REST OF HER LONG LIFE LOCKED UP AND I HOPE WILL SOME DAY HAVE REMORSE.

caylee has stolen america's heart..... November 7, 2008, 6:53 PM

Alot of good comments here today. 007, you mentioned God’s forgiveness. In order to be forgiven, you have to accept responsiblity, repent, and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. This monster has shown NO remorse for anything in regards to Caylee’s disappearance, has accepted no responsibility for anything she has done to Caylee (accidental or not), and has done nothing to help in the search for Caylee. So far as I’m concerned, she deserves no mercy in anyway. George is the only one who I have even an ounce of sympathy for (besides Caylee) and that sympathy lasts about as long as it takes me to remember that HE too has an idea of what his daughter has done but he continues to stick by Monsters side. No tomatoes at you…….b/c obviously you have a caring heart. Too bad you weren’t Caylee’s mommy………she’d still be here with us.

caylee has stolen america's heart..... November 7, 2008, 6:55 PM

MomLogic: Great article!!!! The only thing you could have done differently is to post a photo of Monster giving a high five to her brother…….rather than the “grieving you mom” who only cried when she was sentenced to jail!

caylee has stolen america's heart..... November 7, 2008, 6:58 PM

that was suppose to say “grieving young mom”….not “you”. sorry!

caylee has stolen america's heart..... November 7, 2008, 7:05 PM

Monster can be forgiven in the eyes of God, but that doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t have to face the “american justice system” that is in place in our country and pay for her consequences.

Janettee November 7, 2008, 7:54 PM

I think that anyone who could kill anyone, other than in self-defense or during war (which, really, IS self-defense, as well)… is mentally ill.
BTW… I have SEVERE depression and I still cared for my son as best I could.

Sheila November 8, 2008, 2:24 PM

Casey Anthony is a selfish person and will say or do anything to make things go her way.

Why would she have chloroform hanging around the house? You can’t tell me this wasn’t planned.

Mentally ill??? NAH but she can try to convince a jury she is.

The jury should consist of parents who have lost their children prematurely to illness or accident. THEN justice will be served….

ftknows November 9, 2008, 12:55 PM

I wonder what Cindy is hoping for while this search is going on? I believe she is praying that this search comes up empty since a “find” will surely get Casey the death penalty. On the other hand, any “normal” grandmother would be praying (and probably participating in the search) that her little granddaughter ‘s body is found to get closure and give her a proper burial.
I am sure Cindy is on anti-depressants at this point.

Stan Kabrt November 9, 2008, 1:28 PM

Sure. Spare her. I mean, look at her. She is white, pretty, middle class. Not some crack addicted minority. Surely she is not capable of murder. She could not murder her child.
So she wanted to party, and deliberately drugged her baby. Is that any reason to condemn her?

Unfortunately, felony murder applies. If a person dies as a direct, or foreseeable consequence of a felony, you can face first degree murder charges.Pretty, white, middle class party girl, or ghetto armed robber, it’s still a bad thing to directly cause a person’s death by your felonious action. It can also earn you the ultimate injected downer.

Gloria November 10, 2008, 2:58 AM

Hm. There is evidence that Casey thought about killing her daughter long before she actually did. On her computer she had this creepy graphic of a little girl with a teddy bear suspended a little above and beside her, hanging by the neck, his body limp as if he had been lynched, and the caption, if I remember correctly:
Why do people kill people to show people who kill people that killing people is wrong?
Supposedly it was some sort of ad against the death penalty. To me it looked pretty ominous, in light of what has happened since, ‘though I wouldn’t know anymore where to go to retrieve the graphic from the web.
Elsewhere, I don’t remember if it was diary or computer, Casey had written, “what has been given can be taken away. Everyone lies, everyone dies.”
She web-searched for chloroform, a highly toxic, dangerous chemical. One site says 10ml can kill you. If she had no intent of ultimate harm, other than time to herself to party, would she not have tried to obtain a less dangerous sedative elsewhere, with all the wile and charm at her disposal, from the pharmacist perhaps or the family doctor?
If she had no intent to kill Caylee, and found her lifeless, would she not have panicked, and called for help immediately if she couldn’t revive her? Instead she partied, went on a shopping spree, and committed check fraud, with no indication that she had a worry in the world!
If one googles ‘sociopath’ one finds out Casey is a walking definition of the term.
I’m glad a young woman who knows Casey personally posted here. She confirmed my suspicion that the greatest underlying cause for Casey’s evil deed was that she has profound issues around her mother, Cindy. Before it all happened Casey also searched missing children’s sites. Was she perhaps fantasizing about what it would be like if Caylee just disappeared one day, especially for the toddler’s doting grandmother, Cindy? Did she dwell on that thought with satisfaction whenever she felt angry at Cindy? Evil thoughts can lead to evil actions. And judging from the latest revelations in the case it looks like Cindy knew right away what the score was. Why else would she have said to her husband, “we lost her (Caylee)!”
As far as I’m concerned Casey is one messed up individual but there is no way that this was not a pre-meditated killing.

Gloria November 10, 2008, 7:11 PM

no way this was not a pre-meditated killing.

Amanda November 10, 2008, 10:12 PM

She is not the first parent to kill a child and surely won’t be the last. But has anyone noticed that most of these cases are treated as tho the parent is mentally ill and spared any harsh penalty? The reason parents continue to murder their children is that there is no real punishment. I say execute her. Any parent that kills their own babies should be sentenced to the same death as they inflicted on their children.

SY November 10, 2008, 11:52 PM

WHY give a two year old baby Chloroform? Do they have a reason (excuse) for that? Mentally ill? Like another person said a mental health professional would have to examine her. But I wonder if she’s a sociopath. No conscience….just wanted her way and saw this as a way to get it. I don’t think there is any treatment for sociopathy/psychopathy.

colleen November 11, 2008, 4:29 PM

Just listening to Casey’s interviews with law enforcement is enough to know she is a self-centered , selfish, lier who’s only focus is..”me, me me”. The only ones that say Casey is distrought and a caring mother are the ones who work for her and her family. How caring could she be if she sedated her baby for her own benifit of going out. Like Ive always said, Im sure it wasn’t the first time she’s done it, but because of her own self-serving wants , now its the last time. And giving her the death pentaly is giving her the easy way out. Make her live in confinement for the rest of her days where her “me, me, me” days will be no more and its doubtful she’ll think about Caylee unless its in a context of “if Caylee didn’t die, I wouldn’t be here”, next thing you know… it will be all Caylees fault that poor poor Casey is locked up. No , the death pentaly is just the easy way out for Casey and others like her.

GREENIZZ1 November 11, 2008, 4:57 PM

She is not mentally ill she knew exactly what she was doing, she wanted to be out there partying instead of being a mommy to that little girl, as for the parents they are in denial no one wants to believe that a child of theirs could do this to anyone especially her own child,any parent would feel the same. hope it was worth it casey! Sleep with the angels Caylee

Ginger November 12, 2008, 1:50 PM

It sounds like O.J.’s book, “If I Did It…” I wonder how many times Casey had sedated Caylee. All those days she told everyone she was “at work” and Caylee was with “the nanny,” the poor child might’ve been sleeping in the trunk! Baby pictures of Casey would have no effect on me except to remind me of Caylee and the monster family she was born into. I hope a sensible jury is gathered that won’t buy the “depression” or “accident” defense. I think Caylee was bound to suffer a terrible fate at the hands of her mother sooner or later.

lin jaynes November 14, 2008, 3:59 PM

I raised five kid’s .I was a child bride who gave birth @ 14,16,22,24,28, all grown up now & doing well in life .I was widowed @ 44 & was a single parent for year’s & it was hard to not have any social life ,as I never had one even as a child /young teen,I have been a mom forever,but never would I even think about doping my child to go party, Mental illness? B.S.wickedness is what this selfish ,evil woman truly is & ,no death penalty for her it’s to good, let her rot in her own hell in jail for her natural life. My love to the grand Parent’s & my deepest ,sincerest, sympathy’s ,they have lost both A child & Grand child.

Annoyed November 16, 2008, 2:25 PM

I am sorry but Casey is Mentally ill no matter what you all think. Nobody with a normal Reality would do what she did. I am not saying that she isnt guilty because she is and I hope & pray that she will get what is coming to her.Cindy is a great example as to why Casey is the way she is!!!!!!!!!!