Cindy and George Anthony's Attorney Resigns

Mark NeJame, the attorney retained by the grandparents of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, says he can no longer stand by his clients. He sent this letter of resignation to momlogic:

cindy_and_george_anthony_attorney_pm.jpg

Unfortunately, I have made the decision that it is best not to continue my representation of George and Cindy Anthony.

George and Cindy have a belief that their beloved granddaughter, Caylee, is still alive. Tips and leads continue to come in. I believe strongly that they should have every right to maintain their hope and faith that one of these "sightings" will miraculously be the one that brings Caylee home to them.

What parent or grandparent would surrender such hope? Who is one person to tell another parent or grandparent when it is time for them to abandon their faith? When does a stranger have the right to judge another who has endured such a loss? The attacks made against them by some are deplorable. Let them be to do what they feel they must to find their beloved granddaughter, Caylee. Knowing this case as well as probably anyone on earth, there is no doubt that they do not know where Caylee is. Allow them to walk their own path.

I only agreed to represent George and Cindy Anthony, so long as there were no restrictions placed on me whatsoever as to finding Caylee, regardless of where this might lead. Quite simply, this meant that I could do whatever I needed to find Caylee whether she was alive or not. It impressed me that George and Cindy, both believing that Caylee was still with us, had an overriding and primary concern in finding Caylee, even if the result was not as they would hope. The other condition I required was that I would have absolutely nothing to do with representing Casey or assisting in her legal defense.

Abundant efforts have been made towards finding Caylee. I have worked with so many involved in this matter towards the goal of finding this dear, missing child who has captured the hearts of so many. Some ignorant and judgmental members of the public though have made hateful and inaccurate accusations against me and others, when they had no idea whatsoever what was really going on. As my new, good friend, Tim Miller from Equusearch, tells me "everybody associated with this case gets body slammed." However, like Tim, when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing, you just move forward knowing that right will ultimately win out. Some have falsely accused me and some others of being in this for the money. If they only knew how utterly wrong and misguided they are.

I had come to a personal opinion and theory for quite some time whether Caylee was still with us or not. However, my opinion was only one like any other ... an opinion. The only person without an opinion though is Casey Anthony as only she knows the truth. I believe that the singular person out of the 6 billion people in the world who holds the key to finding Caylee is her mother, Casey Anthony. Although I was quite successful in resolving a multitude of matters, I am unable to go further to help George and Cindy find Caylee in my current role. I can only provide my best advice and must respect any client's prerogative to do what they deem is best, whether they choose to follow my guidance or not. However, there is little value or use I can provide to any client if they choose to act and comment at will.

As someone who has learned and knows the inner workings and details of the case and its various characters intimately, the rampant sensationalism and unfounded accusations must stop. Allow Cindy and George Anthony the respect and decency of dealing with their hope and efforts to find their missing and beloved Caylee as they need to. Allow those with differing opinions on finding and searching for Caylee, whether she is with us or not, to do their jobs without interruption. Finally, the judicial system is in play and justice will be best served by mindless meddlers staying out of something they know little of. There are many wonderful people involved in efforts to find Caylee and there are, unfortunately, many who are exploiting this child. Sadly, most in the public are clueless about who is doing what and what is really going on. The negative actions of some are only counterproductive and hurtful to the
cause of those many good people who are doing so much to do something positive with this most sad and tragic situation.

There should only be one goal -- and that is to find Caylee Marie Anthony.

Mark E. NeJame

next: Save a Bundle On Your Mortgage ... Now!
Nell Taylor December 17, 2008, 1:19 PM

Please leave this family alone and let them grieve! I made myself turn the TV off because I was also getting caught up in the glitter of the reporting on this. I feel like I’m looking through their window. These people have lost a daughter and beautiful granddaughter. Maybe they made mistakes but they do not need to be thrown under the bus here. They were caught between their daughter and the loss of that baby. Let them grieve in peace! Report on the news of the situation but stop picking it to death! How would you feel if you were going through this in public? This is horrible and I wish people would just let them mourn over this and try to understand they love BOTH their daughter and granddaughter. They need to be left alone. My heart goes out to them. God bless them during this horrible time.

Nell

Chas December 25, 2008, 1:31 PM

Dido

Cathy December 26, 2008, 12:16 AM

I agree 100 %. I can not even begin to imagine what these people are going through. My heart breaks for them and for the loss of this beautiful little girl. They cannot help the choices that their daughter has made. But it is basic human instinct to protect your young. Believe me, deep down inside they know what she has done. But now people need to let them alone to grieve and to reconcile this situation in their own hearts and minds. I believe that the simple fact that they have not been to the jail since little Caylee was found tells a story of it’s own. They know. Now everyone should just leave them alone. Casey on the other hand can burn in hell as far as I am concerned.

Emory Demech January 8, 2009, 4:41 PM

When it comes to obstruction of justice in protecting the guilty thats where my sympathy goes out the window. This evil woman has wreaked havoc on a community besides taking down her own family. The resources that were spent on looking for Caylee were insurmountable. There were other people that needed to be searched for.Casey has brainwashed her own parents with her lies. I can’t beleive how the parents are being led like horses by their evil daughter’s remarks. It makes them look so damn stupid & gullible. I know Casey is putting them thru hell,but they should face reality that their daughter doesn’t belong in society.

Tony Stewart January 17, 2009, 9:16 PM

I have some news for George and Cindy Anthony, in defense of their daughter. I am a investigator and author, and after following this case and studying the facts, I now believe the Orange County meter reader may be involved in little Caylee Anthony’s senseless murder.

I tried contacting Nancy Grace, but can never get through on the phone. Any investigator knows that a serial killer always returns to the scene of the crime, and that’s what I believe happened here.

This is how this meter reader just happen to locate the body. I believe he had been watching (while reading meters) her for some time before adducting her. Has he been finger printed or samples of his DNA taken? George and Cindy Anthony…please contact me for more details.

Respectfully, Tony Stewart

Linda January 24, 2009, 9:25 AM

I agree. My heart goes out to this family. I can’t believe how the grandparents are being treated!!! They lost their beautiful baby girl and now have to deal with the thought of their daughter doing this! I can not imagine going through this kind of pain. We all need to be praying for them, hoping the pain can ease a little and help them through this awful time. The news people need to stay away, leave them alone. And shame on the idiots who have caused them pain in their community.

CORENE March 14, 2009, 2:14 AM

I FEEJ VERY SORRY FOR THESE GRANDPARENTS NY CHYKD WRNY YO JAIL AND THE MOTHER GAVE THE BABY 5 WEEKD OLD TO A NEIGHBOR WHIKE I AM AT WORK AND SAID IF I DIDBT WANT IT TO GIVE HER TO SONEONE WHOD LIKE A PUPPY OR A CAT THEN I RAISED THE DHIKD TO BE AN ADULT WOMAN BUT SHE YS AN ANGRT PERDON

CORENE March 14, 2009, 2:21 AM

I FEEJ VERY SORRY FOR THESE GRANDPARENTS NY CHYKD WRNY YO JAIL AND THE MOTHER GAVE THE BABY 5 WEEKD OLD TO A NEIGHBOR WHIKE I AM AT WORK AND SAID IF I DIDBT WANT IT TO GIVE HER TO SONEONE WHOD LIKE A PUPPY OR A CAT THEN I RAISED THE DHIKD TO BE AN ADULT WOMAN BUT SHE YS AN ANGRY GIRL BRCAUSR OF HAVING DEEN ABANDONED SHE HAS AN 11 YEAR OLD CHIKD OF HER OWN NOW A VRTY GOOD BOU

Linda from New York March 27, 2009, 6:24 PM

Read between the lines of Mr. NeJame’s statement. Sympathy for George and Cindy Anthony? I don’t think so. They have lied and covered up and mislead police AND the media. They should have done FROM THE BEGIINING, what they are doing now..keeping their big mouth’s quiet.

Donna April 20, 2009, 10:05 AM

I have watched this case from the beginning and I know all the facts thats been presented by the media.

Upon the fight on June 15, 2008 between Cindy and Casey and I am more than sure Casey left the house

On June 16, 2008 Cindy took Caylee to see grandpa at the nursing home. Now where was Casey and how did she get Caylee back.. Casey didnt go to the nursing home..

Casey told all the lies to investigators to cover up everything, just as she was taught thru Cindy. Casey remarks, I will lie, I will cheat etc..

Cindy has lied thru all investigations changing her stories numerous times.. How did Cindy know the blanket was gone from the house even after the police got numerious items, and the times that Casey took Caylee and spent the night with others

why would cindy wash the clothes in the trunk. lied about the hairbrush, lied about leads ,and going to California to be on Larry King, the day the body was found.. too much to list

Cindy killed that baby.. to get even with Casey taking monies, and I dont blame Casey from Partying, if I had a controlling mom I would too, I would not ever be home