Married Dad Makes Out on Dance Floor

Should I have said something, or kept my mouth shut?

dance flloor dad

Momlogic's Gina: This weekend I watched as a family friend (a dad of one, with another on the way) made out with a woman on a dance floor. The only problem: It wasn't his wife!

Yes, I knew this church-going, conservative guy had chugged a few (okay, more than a few) drinks beforehand ... but that surely doesn't make his behavior okay -- far from it! As I watched him dance with this 20-something brunette and then kiss her square on the mouth, I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. What a freaking LOSER!

When the guy sat back down, I gave him an earful. I asked him how he could live with himself when he has a three-year-old kid and a pregnant wife sitting at home. He claimed he "hadn't kissed anyone" even though I definitely saw it with my own two eyes. Plus, he had been talking to the girl at the bar all night ... and even that made me uncomfortable. How could a married father feel okay about flirting and kissing another girl? It seriously made me sick.

I told him I was offended on behalf of all mothers. That no mom deserved to be treated that way. That I felt sorry for his wife and his children. That I thought he was absolutely and positively disgusting. That a "boys night out" was not a free pass to cheat. But I knew he had drank so much booze, none of this was getting through. In fact, moments later, he was back at the bar chatting the girl up again. A few hours later, he was forcibly removed from the bar because the bartender said the girl didn't want to talk to him anymore ... but he wasn't taking no for an answer.

Hollywood's Rumored Other Women

What do you think of this lowlife dad? Let him have it!

next: Ashlee Simpson May Have to Induce!
amanda November 18, 2008, 10:05 AM

Maybe him and his wife have an understanding??? I really dont think it was your place to really say anything to him. I mean yeah if you really felt the need to call him out…you could have just asked about his wife and kids. This may have prompted him to think about them and stop what he is doing. Or at least do it where it wasnt as noticeable. By saying this I am not saying cheating is okay. Who knows really? He could just be a cheating husband who didnt care. NExt time he should be more careful since other people have witnessed this event.

beckie November 18, 2008, 10:29 AM

Good job speaking up. Thank you for saying something to him. His wife would thank you too. I love when other women stick up for other women. We need more women like you to help each other out.

Anonymous November 18, 2008, 10:58 AM

I personally think it’s weird that he’s out at a bar anyway, with his pregnant wife at home. That’s problem number one.

Anonymous November 18, 2008, 11:57 AM

Good job calling him out and I think you should do it again when he’s sober.

Natalie November 18, 2008, 12:30 PM

He obviously has some issues that he needs to work out. And while others might disagree with me, I think you need to tell his wife what happened. She has every right to know what her husband is doing while she’s at home and pregnant.

just sayin' November 18, 2008, 2:04 PM

Tell the wife. I would want someone to tell me.

Anonymous November 18, 2008, 2:22 PM

That man is a dog. I applaud your courage for speaking your mind to him. Sounds like he has a couple of issues: his problem with commitment and respect to his family, and his drinking!! I would tell the wife.

Linney5680 November 18, 2008, 2:57 PM

i know a lot of people would say mind your own business. but i would want to know. but just because i would want to know doesn’t mean she would. hard to say. but what an insensitive jerk. he has no respect for his wife and children.

Anonymous November 18, 2008, 4:28 PM

you shouldn’t have said anything. instead, you should tell the wife everything you saw, and let them figure it out.

Jeana November 18, 2008, 6:38 PM

You did the right thing, giving it to him (though clearly it was something else totally he was hoping for). And yes, you should say something to his wife. Sorry to all of you that disagree but I was on the pregnant/at home end of this equation a time or two with my ex and I would really have liked for someone to say “Hey, did you know he’s cheating?” Cause let me tell you, there was no reason on earth for him to cheat. Home was his castle and I did EVERYTHING he wanted the way he wanted. Some men are just dogs. Wait … I think I just insulted dogs!

M.L. November 18, 2008, 7:29 PM

I’m glad you said something to him!! He’s a low life for doing this to his family!! I would also say something to his wife, she deserves to know.

Anonymous November 21, 2008, 3:22 AM
PDDerek November 23, 2008, 2:14 AM

Shut up you whiney ass wives! Mind your own freakin’ business for Christ’s sake. Isn’t it a Christian trait not to judge someone?

The man needs to divorce his wife and just play on playaaa

Anonymous November 27, 2008, 6:09 AM

Mind ur own business!!
His wife is probally doing her friends husband…

Anonymous November 27, 2008, 6:10 AM

you need to get a life and worry about your own marriage

Ron November 27, 2008, 6:16 AM

Mind your own business!! I’ve been married 26 years and when my wife has a girls night out I hope she has a good time !

mah November 27, 2008, 6:17 AM

Don’t tell the wife. She’s the innocent one in all of this. I think you were right to call him out on it though. I’d do it again when he’s sober.

Mat November 27, 2008, 6:18 AM

Now whats a nice mommy like you doing in a place like that watching your friend’s husband several beers for several hours?

anonymous November 27, 2008, 6:21 AM

Same thing happened to me. It was good you said something to him but more then likely he could care less, he wants the best of both worlds and will never stop. I would tell the wife. Perhaps it is not your place but someone told me and I was very grateful.

NA November 27, 2008, 6:21 AM