The First Lady-elect is scouting out private schools where 10-year-old Malia and seven-year-old Sasha may attend. This morning she toured the White House with her husband and President and Mrs. Bush. Here are the potential pre-K thru 12 schools that the fifth grader and second grader could attend, according to the Washington Post.
||Sidwell Friends School
- The Quaker School is where Chelsea Clinton attended while her father President Bill Clinton was in office.
- It has a 15-acre campus and close 1100 kids are enrolled for the 2008-2009 school year.
- It's philosophy reads " Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in 'That of God' in each person. We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds."
- Tutions are $28,442 (pre-k to 4th grade) and $29,442 (grades 5 - 12).
||Georgetown Day School:
- This school is located on two separate five acre campuses.
- Its mission statement is "Georgetown Day School honors the integrity and worth of each individual within a diverse school community. GDS is dedicated to providing a supportive educational atmosphere in which teachers challenge the intellectual, creative, and physical abilities of our students and foster strength of character and concern for others."
- Tuition is $27,445 for grades 1 - 5.
- Its mission statement reads "Maret School galvanizes the intellectual, analytical, creative, and physical capabilities of our students and equips them to excel in future academic endeavors. We join with our parents to instill in each student the self-reliance and moral awareness to develop healthy personal relationships, work through challenges, and enjoy life. In a community that embraces different cultures, interests, perspectives, and talents, we prepare our students to become responsible, thoughtful, and well-informed adults who are able to play an active role in improving the world."
- The cost is $24,695 for K - 4 and $26,780 for grades 5-8.
- Is average class size is 12 - 14 students and they have a 6:1 student teacher ratio.