Momlogic's Election Night Drinking Game

Finally! The day we've all been waiting for: Election Day. Hopefully by now, you've either been to the polls to exercise your right to vote or will do so at some point today. In either case, and no matter who or what you vote for, this day is sure to be filled with with some excitement and nerves. Well, on a day like today, we can't think of a better reason to drink. Heck, Joe Six-Pack's already been drinking for months, so you need to catch up!

woman drinking in front of tv

We've been on the campaign trail long enough, watching both sides duke it out. And even though one party will come out victorious, when it comes to boozing, tonight, there are no teams! That's right! Tonight, even if you're a Republican, we're making you an Independent! Tune in to your favorite anchor and play along! All you have to do is grab a glass, your alcohol of choice (wine, whiskey, beer, whatev!) and DRINK when ANY of the following are said:

• Battleground State(s) (Key States, Swing States, Drunken State)
  • Hanging chad
  • Broward County
  • Repeat of 2000
  • Elderly Vote (Young Vote, Mom Vote, "Don't Vote")
  • Prediction(s)
  • Early returns
  • Exit Polls (National Polls, Final Polls, Stripper Poles)
  • California's Proposition 8
  • Same-sex marriage
  • Constitutional ban
  • Electoral map (Electoral Vote, Electoral College, what the hell is "Electoral?")
  • "We're going live right now to..."
  • "Voter turn out..."
  • "Too close to call..."
  • Free coffee at Starbucks
  • Joe Biden (Joe Six Pack, Joe the Plumber, Joe Schmoe)
  • Acceptance speech
  • Concession speech
  • Tina Fey
  • Hockey Mom (Working Mom, Stay at Home Mom, Drunk Mom)

• Here's to our new President! Cheers!

Kathy November 4, 2008, 4:10 PM

I’m not a prude, I drink but I’m not really impressed with Momlogic encouraging drinking games.

Corina November 4, 2008, 4:57 PM

And we will be on the floor by 7:45.

ham November 4, 2008, 5:12 PM

loser

Ellis November 4, 2008, 5:48 PM

Kathy, relax. I believe most of the folks on here are adults and can differentiate between having a little fun with the idea of an election night drinking game and whatever it is you’re fearful of.

That said, enjoy the evening.

Rae November 4, 2008, 6:30 PM

Well said Ellis

Stephani  November 4, 2008, 7:46 PM

fantastic!!!

OCTOBERBABYE November 4, 2008, 9:11 PM

Doesn’t seem logical to me to encourage ” DRINK when ANY of the following are said” and a list totaling 21.
This idea was badly presented and does not reflect the maturity MomLogic wants to be known for.
Whoever wrote this article must have tried it out before hitting submit.

Alison November 4, 2008, 11:16 PM

Clearly you do not have fond memories of a great game of quarters from college. This article was tongue in cheek. Relax… have a drink and hope your taxes won’t go up now.

Enli November 5, 2008, 1:38 AM

I’m going to have a drink because I KNOW my taxes will go up now - and the welfare state will grow and grow and grow while our civil liberties shrink.

His vote to authorize the Patriot Act is not exactly something his supporters ever seemed to acknowledge. And what will happen when he makes good on his promise to bankrupt coal companies - which provide 43% of the US’s power needs and 25% of the world’s. He will plunge our country into an irreversible decline.

Unlike Michelle Obama, I have always been proud of my country - until tonight.

K November 5, 2008, 3:08 PM

horrible idea! this is my first time on this website and I am a mature adult, but somehow I doubt this is how those responsible for this website would like to be represented