Travelocity Makes it Right for a Military Mom

In this installment of "Momlogic on Your Side," we help a military mom meet her son when his ship comes in ... with a little help from Travelocity.

momlogic_on_your_sideb_pm.jpg

Military mom Carma Taylor and her own mother wanted to be there when her son Chan's Navy submarine comes in from almost a year at sea. Carma booked her flight last month from Oklahoma City to Norfolk, Virginia on Travelocity and was all set -- or so she thought.

The Navy unfortunately changed the date on them at the last minute and, although Carma had purchased trip insurance from the website, she was told she was out of luck and could not get a refund on her flight from Travelocity, as the company's insurance policy did not cover military date changes. "Travelocity hasn't yet given me a refund or even told me if they plan to, since my cancellation wasn't caused by death, illness, or jury duty," she wrote to momlogic last week. "But my son comes home in a few short weeks -- and, if I don't get that refund, my mom and I will not be able to afford to go from Oklahoma to Virginia to see him come in. I'm devastated!"

That's where the moms at momlogic stepped in -- cause we all need a mom on our side, right? We called Travelocity and pleaded Carma's case, on behalf of military moms everywhere. Surely Travelocity and their cute garden gnome would make this right! A few days later, we got our answer: "Though changes in military orders are not covered under the terms of our trip insurance, we have decided, in the spirit of the Travelocity Guarantee, to refund the air portion -- $325 per traveler/$650 total -- of Ms. Taylor's package," says Joel Frey of Travelocity. "Ms. Taylor should see the credit to her account within the next five-to-seven business days. We are sorry for the confusion that this has caused."

Yay for Travelocity! Thank you for being so accommodating! Now Carma and her mother will be able to welcome Chan home, thanks to Travelocity.

Do you have a situation that you're having trouble resolving? Email us the details, and maybe our moms can help. Because just like your mom, we've got your back.

next: Britney's Son Rushed to Hospital
April  November 10, 2008, 12:19 PM

I’m glad Travelocity responded this way and had some sympathy for the mom! I will book my next trip with them now.

Melissa November 10, 2008, 2:02 PM

Great story. I’m glad they stepped up.

Amy November 10, 2008, 2:18 PM

I love Travelocity!

Traci November 10, 2008, 4:27 PM

Finally a huge company DOES the right thing for the right reasons with a positive outcome! Justice prevails!

Traci

Sarah November 10, 2008, 4:37 PM

Give Travelocity a big thumbs up! Our servicemen deserve to see their moms.
Thank you Travelocity!

Jessica November 10, 2008, 4:49 PM

Travelocity rules!

Selma November 10, 2008, 10:52 PM

Thank you Travelocity for that grand show of love. Me need more of that in this country. (I am an Army Wife.)

Kalli November 10, 2008, 10:53 PM

The Military changed their mind, and Travelocity bends over backwards to help a mom out?? That’s one cool Gnome!!

~Kalli

romi November 10, 2008, 11:03 PM

this is great! My moms on truemilitarywivesconfessions.com will love this story! Nice story for Veteran’s Day!

Amberlyn November 11, 2008, 11:57 PM

This is a great showing of national pride. If every company followed suit of Travelocity,this world would be a much easier place to live in.When my husband comes home, I will be booking with Travelocity for sure. God bless our troops!!

Buttercup November 13, 2008, 1:38 AM

Good job! People often forget the families left behind by the military member serving overseas. I flew from Virginia to California to welcome my husband home…at my personal expense. Civilians often don’t realize this, thinking the service member will arrive directly to their home base. Not so! That might take a couple of days longer.

acai side effects May 12, 2010, 6:54 PM

Treat Ought,human friend pound initiative popular officer active condition aim refer new body wine powerful tiny normal get scale imagine capacity nurse welfare discussion ordinary relevant when please culture signal everyone sight love somewhat crisis land face approve policy impression nose note institution parliament summer maybe breath among like through beneath along image reader happen feel end manager charge growth natural college despite everyone around in nearly nod move artist holiday travel expense immediate no its relatively society source public expect alternative notion supply think back extend year impression bar

Jessica March 5, 2011, 3:22 AM

I definitely understand why a military mom wants to see her son after that a long time. Reading this story actually made me hungry, so I’m going to grill some vegetables and bread on the pancake griddle and in the toaster oven and later on I intend to read more articles on this interesting website that apparently contains lots of useful content.

acne scar treatment April 4, 2011, 9:24 AM

I love that you place superb content out that is articulate and well-written.

watch April 6, 2011, 7:53 AM

I discovered more new things on this fat loss issue. 1 issue is that good nutrition is especially vital any time dieting. A tremendous reduction in bad foods, sugary foodstuff, fried foods, sugary foods, beef, and whitened flour products might be necessary. Keeping wastes harmful bacteria, and contaminants may prevent goals for losing weight. While a number of drugs briefly solve the matter, the terrible side effects are not worth it, they usually never offer you more than a momentary solution. It can be a known indisputable fact that 95% of celebrity diets fail. Thank you for sharing your thinking on this website.