Palin Pardons Turkey While Another Bird is Slaughtered

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin pardoned a turkey for Thanksgiving on Thursday, and then gave an interview as another bird was killed in the background.

Palin speaks to a news station as a Triple D Farms worker is seen feeding a turkey to a grinder, occasionally turning to watch the interview.

CAUTION: The following video is graphic and may be disturbing.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Letterman Bullies "Twilight" Star
AK Mom November 21, 2008, 5:19 PM

This is just sad… eating turkeys is what most Americans do every Thanksgiving (myself included) but what was shown in the background of this interview was totally wrong. Gov. Palin clearly was not aware of what was going on behind her. However, the reporter and crew doing this interview could see what was happening and should have moved the interview elsewhere.

Steven November 21, 2008, 5:45 PM

This simply makes me sick to my stomach. It’s been years since I’ve eaten turkey or other animals. Every day I feel thankful I am a vegetarian and grateful I can help prevent more animals from being slaughtered. I’m not surprised at this video. This woman has shown complete insensitivity and belligerence to animals in her advocacy of aerial hunting of wolves. For her all human life is sacred but animal life is worthless except to exploit by humans. Anyone with an ounce of compassion knows that’s an unjust and arrogant attitude.

Rick November 21, 2008, 6:20 PM

Wow … this was funny — the scary part is this person could’ve been our VP — how’s that for your Turkey treat.

tanyetta November 21, 2008, 6:36 PM

the ‘slaughter’ guy was hilarious. he kept checking out the camera in the background!

poor turkey! :)

Rob November 21, 2008, 11:48 PM

What a great way to show how our food supply is sustained.

It’s nice to see that she’s comfortable in these environments, since this industry is how billions of people around the globe are are fed on a daily basis. The last person I’d want serving a top office is one who couldn’t deal with being in this type of atmosphere.

James November 21, 2008, 11:59 PM

I don’t see what the big deal is. So a turkey lost it’s life in the background. We have to eat! But, at the same time, the camera crew should have moved the shot. They knew what they were doing, and that was irresponsible journalism that is intended to do no more than make Palin look bad, even though it shouldn’t. But in today’s politically correct world, everyone will join in on the bandwagon of bashing her for nothing.

oliver November 22, 2008, 12:32 AM

What a joke! MSM will use this “interview” just like they did with the Kouric piece to discredit Palin & make her look stupid.
When it comes to reporting & journalism where is the tact when getting the “good shot”? I suppose this video is better that watching Jane Fonda on a Viet Kong military gun.

gottobekidding November 22, 2008, 1:03 AM

It’s amazing to me how people “blame” Palin for the turkey in the background. First the camera crew that “set-up the shot” - literally, should of made sure that was not occuring in the background. The more than eager worker in the background just “had to work” during the interview?? Seems a little odd to me. Palin couldn’t do good if she donated an organ to an orphan child … the media would portray it as something totally different to make her the stupid one. Come on people.

louise November 22, 2008, 1:04 AM

That’s sick. They not only pulled the one turkey out, but fed another one in the grinder. And what the heck is that thing doing? Grinding it’s head down slow? That turkey was in there for over a minute. Just cruel. If animals are killed for food, make it fast and humane.

StaceyD November 22, 2008, 1:16 AM

This does not surprise me in the least…..

Jo Hilton November 22, 2008, 1:23 AM

I can’t believe that she did that - in fact i would hope that it was a hoax !! No wonder no one likes her now we no - god i’d love to talk with her maid !!!!!

Marc G November 22, 2008, 2:37 AM

Thank God for animals, otherwise we be eating each other.

gloria November 22, 2008, 12:21 PM

she finds levity in watching turkeys get killed? Now unless she has NO peripheral vision at all , she can see what is going on , since it is off to her left . Maybe she needs to slink back into obscurity and pick up a book , not try and ban it .

boo November 22, 2008, 2:03 PM

We are so spoiled in this country that most people are complaining about how our food is processed.

I think this generation is to blame for the distorted view on where our food comes from. Yes we eat tons of chicken, turkey, beef and fish everyday and people stuff themselves to the point the medical community have specialist in Obesity.

People get a grip, this is not DISNEY, this is the real world and it is better then when my mother had to do the chicken dance everyday with her wrist snap.

Go Sarah Palin and forgive these fools who are so removed that they don’t know how turkeys are prep.

I want a President who know how turkeys are prepared and not afraid of PETA brainwashing.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 1:32 PM

Good site. Good to read. I have got a single thing to offer about tee shirts.