Paula Deen's Top 5 Thanksgiving Recipes

Paula Deen's favorite family recipes.

There's no doubt Paula Deen wants to make this the most memorable Thanksgiving meal of your life. The superstar southern chef tells momlogic that it doesn't take much to make the most of your meal, just some tried and true good old fashioned family recipes. So make room on the table and loosen up that belt buckle. Paula says these are the must haves that'll have your guests coming back for seconds ...as well as thirds!

Turkey - The main attraction of any Thanksgiving meal. Follow Paula's recipe for the juiciest and tastiest turkey you've ever tasted. Click here for Paula's recipe.
Southern Cornbread Stuffing - Forget the store bought variety. You'll never go back to boxed stuffing after you try Paula's spin on the Thanksgiving staple. Click here for Paula's recipe.
Giblet Gravy - Make sure to put a whole lotta bread on you shopping list. Your guests will be sopping up this giblet gravy like there's no tomorrow. Click here for Paula's recipe.
Green Beans and New Potatoes - Even the kids will be thankful for these spectacularly savory veggies. Click here for Paula's recipe.
Baked Sweet Potatoes With Butter and Brown Sugar - You won't even miss the marshmallows -- these potatoes are rich and rewarding. Click here for Paula's recipe.

next: Mom of 8-Year-Old Says He's a Good Boy
Solange McCargar November 23, 2008, 8:07 PM

could i get the recipe for

SWEET POTATO BALL WITH COCONUT

i was call away from the show by the grandchildren.

stephanie craft November 23, 2008, 11:14 PM

i would also like the sweet potato ball with coconut recipe. it looks wonderful

stephanie craft November 23, 2008, 11:15 PM

i would also like the pumpkin, applesauce pie with pralines for topping.

Beth November 24, 2008, 8:36 AM

I would also like the sweet potato ball with coconut recipe.

Ang November 24, 2008, 11:36 AM

I, too, would like the pumpkin pie with apple butter recipe and the sweet potato ball with coconut recipe. Thank you.

Pat November 24, 2008, 4:27 PM

I would love to have the sweer potato ball recipe

Louise Arnold November 24, 2008, 5:16 PM

I watch Paula’s party all the time. Yesterday, I watched it and saw Paula making Thanksgiving dinner with her boys. I would like to have the recipe for the bread sticks wrapped with bacon and the sweet potato ball also.

jana pink November 25, 2008, 12:46 PM

I would like the recipe for the sweet potato balls with marshmellow inside and the pumkin pie with the apple butter. Thanks

Weekends Off November 26, 2008, 10:08 AM

Learn to use Google people!
Paula Dean Sweet Potato Balls with Coconut recipe:

4 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 cups shredded coconut, sweetened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large marshmallow per potato ball

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake the potatoes until tender, then peel and mash them. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, zest and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss the coconut with the sugar and cinnamon. Press mashed potatoes around each marshmallow, creating a 2 to 3-inch diameter ball. Roll the balls in the coconut mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully for the last few minutes of cooking; the expanding marshmallows can cause the potato balls to burst open

bettye burns November 26, 2008, 1:26 PM

Would love to make the pumpkin pie with applesauce. After seeing her show, I went to store and purchased the apple butter. Hope this was right!

Bettye

Shellie Shelden September 7, 2010, 11:29 PM

Weird but actually a fraction of the post is displaying up for me. Is this the site or my net browser. Should I restart my online browser?

chase internet banking October 18, 2010, 11:59 AM

So not really on the same topic as your post, but I found this today and I just can’t resist sharing. Mrs. Agathe’s dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told him, “I’ll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I’ll mail you the check. Oh, and by the way…don’t worry about my Doberman. He won’t bother you. But, whatever you do, do NOT under ANY circumstances talk to my parrot!” When the repairman arrived at Mrs. Agathe’s apartment the next day, he discovered the biggest and meanest looking Doberman he had ever seen. But just as she had said, the dog simply laid there on the carpet, watching the repairman go about his business. However, the whole time the parrot drove him nuts with his incessant cursing, yelling and name-calling. Finally the repairman couldn’t contain himself any longer and yelled, “Shut up, you stupid ugly bird!” To which the parrot replied, “Get him, Spike!”

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:56 PM

A cool post right there mate . Cheers for posting.

Lavern Crossett October 24, 2010, 11:35 PM

My mom and I wish to create a weblog much like this for our website, I stumbled across your blog hoping to get ideas on the theme and page layout. I am taking some coding class in college however, not certain that I would have the capacity to create a blog such as this one at this time. Did you code this site on your own or use an expert?

Thomasina Baumer October 25, 2010, 2:16 PM

My friend and I have been just talking about this issue, she’s constantly endeavouring to prove me wrong! I will show her this particular blog post and additionally rub it in a little!

Tasia Klohs October 27, 2010, 12:02 AM

Those thoughts are miles apart.

Marguerita Fiser October 27, 2010, 11:19 AM

I’ve been searching on the net hoping to get ideas on the way to get my personal weblog coded, your current style together with design are excellent. Did you actually code it yourself or did you recruit a programmer to do it for you?

Telma Mousser October 27, 2010, 4:28 PM

That doesn’t really have to have any expensive equipment.

Dorris Corral October 28, 2010, 4:34 AM

Best of all, is abundant using this.

Elli Grumet October 29, 2010, 7:03 AM

It is primo how routine people must relate to a labyrinthine occurrence like this.