Salma Hayek Addicted to Breast Feeding

They don't have rehab for this addiction...

Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek just can't stop breast feeding 13-month-old Valentina. She told FOX News. "I'm like an alcoholic. It is like, I don't care if I cry, I don't care if I am fat, I am just going to do it for one more week, one more month, and then when I see how much good it is doing her and I can't stop."

The 42-year-old actress has also confessed breast feeding is very painful and dismissed claims it helps moms shed their post-pregnancy weight. Salma told Britain's Style magazine: "Let me tell you, it is tough. You don't know what pain I am in after two hours, how difficult it was at first. And by the way, the myth that says you lose all this weight when you breast feed? That is so not true! It's like, please, will everyone stop telling me I look really well?!"

Hello??!? You do look really well Salma! Agree?

How long did it take you to stop breast feeding? Comment in the momlogic community.

next: ManSpeak Translator
Spooygirl November 11, 2008, 4:10 PM

You go GIRL! It’s always awesome to hear about hollywood celebs who not only nurse, but go against the grain and nurse their babies as long as they wanna! WOOT!

Jenn November 11, 2008, 4:49 PM

I think this is terrific. And yes she is right - BF’ing can hurt and you don’t always lose all the baby weight, but its definitely worth it!
Nice to see a celeb caring about her kids and not caring so much about the way she looks (and she does look fantastic!).

Anonymous November 11, 2008, 5:02 PM

You brestfeed until you are ready to stop. My son BF for 2 1/2 years. He was so healthy. Never gets sick to this day. I attribute it to his years of BF. He is 23 now and is rarely sick. I think it is wonderful. I too had a horrible time with pain but was so determined.

Melissa November 12, 2008, 12:02 PM

I breastfed until my son was 2. It was the best decision that I have ever made. He is never sick. She is giving her child the best gift ever. You go girl!

Anonymous November 12, 2008, 3:35 PM

Its nice to hear a celebrity discuss the fact that not everyone loses tons of weight breastfeeding! I actually gained weight because I was so hungry!

J November 13, 2008, 2:16 AM

Man, she looks fantastic. Looking at her makes me want to breast feed, and I am almost 30.

dee February 12, 2009, 10:25 PM

I nursed my adopted son until he was three and a half, and we both loved it. He is twenty now and in college, and hasn’t nursed in years. It’ll be fine.