Take Your Kids to the Polls ... That's the Ticket

Parents are turning Election Day into a teachable moment.

Election Day fever is spreading across America and your kids are not immune. The remedy? Give them a dose of democracy! We caught up with parents who brought their kids to the polls.

Did you bring your kids to the polls?

next: Dr. Hahn's Character Booted Off 'Grey's Anatomy'
Linda (minnemom) November 4, 2008, 5:36 PM

We took our four kids to the polls at 7:30 this morning. They all enjoyed the experience. While I was working at the polls, a lot of other parents brought their kids. We had treats for them to sweeten up their day as well!

RBM November 4, 2008, 6:00 PM

We took our kids to vote this morning and it was a wonderful experience. My 5 yo daughter inspected what the ballot looks like and how it works. Our 3 yo was fascinated by the “booths”. And of course, they both thought the stickers were a great “present” for voting.

Hopefully other parents did the same to start getting younger generations engaged.

Sabrina November 4, 2008, 6:43 PM

I brought my 15 month old daughter to vote with me today.. i’m not sure she really understood what was going on, but everyone here loved her “Vote for my better tomorrow” shirt! =D

ashley November 5, 2008, 8:07 AM

I didn’t take my kids with me to vote. My daughter is 17 months and just in the past week has turned into a crazy person. I’ve decided I don’t even want to take her in public again until she’s able to act normal. (Just kidding, I drag her with me everywhere, tantrums and all, just not somewhere I have to stand in line for an hour.) Anyhow, my 6 year old son got to vote in his 1st grade clas and he absolutely loved it! He came home Monday and asked his daddy who he was voting for and he said Obama and I said McCain. He went with his daddy and he was so disappointed when he came home and McCain had won 13-7. He was soo happy when I woke him just now to tell him the news. I think it’s great the kids get to do that. I remember doing it in the Bush/Dukakis race.

fpsjtrhpyjwtyju November 8, 2008, 10:23 AM

aw the kid at the end is so cute!

Blaine Mozo February 24, 2011, 9:55 PM

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Great work!The top web host specialist on this planet!