Teen Commits Suicide On Web Cam

After posting suicide notes in a chat room and then linking to a live camera, a 19-year-old killed himself on Wednesday.

screen grab of cam

An official told FoxNews.com that Florida teen Abraham Briggs Jr. posted messages online about his plan to kill himself. He was blogging in the early hours of Wednesday morning, inserted a link to his web camera and then posted a suicide note. Bloggers then saw him lying down on his bed.

The other people in the chat room figured out a way to alert the authorities, who finally found his location through his sign-in information. Drugs were found in his system and his death is being ruled a suicide from combined drug toxicity.

Momlogic marriage and family therapist Shannon Fox says committing suicide online could have been a cry for help. "Many people who try to commit suicide don't really intend to die. Maybe they take a bunch of pills right before their parents are supposed to come home to find them. Or they call 911 but then the ambulance doesn't get there in time. Abraham posted in the chat room about his suicide, in front of his peer group, possibly so someone would try to stop him. But the help just came too late."

We certainly hope this isn't a new trend. How scary and sad.

next: Thieves Identified in Breast Pump Robberies
hsn November 21, 2008, 1:49 PM

I need to see and send comment

Anonymous November 21, 2008, 10:20 PM

What’s up with butt shot?

Anonymous November 22, 2008, 2:21 AM

The “butt-shot” is that of a paramedic. You can see the scissors and rubber gloves in his right pocket. And as disturbing as it is, you can also see the boy’s bare feet on the edge of the bed just right of the paramedic’s tight.

Anonymous November 29, 2008, 2:42 PM

One less emo

Nichole December 1, 2008, 12:39 PM

How sad? Where are the parents at while this teenager…obviously disturbed is spending so much time on the internet. If he was being monitored then his parents might have caught on. I know it is no ones fault but it takes a village to raise a child..someone could have helped. How awful of you previous posters to want to see how this young man died or what he looked like. Talk about morbid. This is a sad tale of a life that did not have to end. Just goes to show how much we should pay attention to others..you never know when you may be called on to help.

Laurie Penman December 1, 2008, 1:01 PM

The comment “One Less Emo” is not only disturbing it hits home. In my day I wore black had pins in my face and wanted everyone to think I was weird…and yes I thought about killing myself. Why…I was an unhappy fat kid that hated themselves. Is it funny, no but it’s entirely too true that kids are the cruelest of all lifeforms. There is no excuse for bullying. Teach your children to respect not only themselves but others. It begins in the home. Sadly I was not raised to feel good about myself and it has taken years for me to find my own place. I’m 48 yrs old and this past Thanksgiving is the first time my father has EVER kissed me! That’s a sobering thought

DLG. March 23, 2009, 11:21 PM

That’s just really sad.

Anonymous July 7, 2009, 7:38 PM

Enjoying your attention, Anonymous?

There are some lines you just don’t cross. Go kill yourself.

Ashley May 25, 2010, 7:20 AM

Ok first things first…he was my friend, hes not emo so all of you people can go shoot yourselfs and stop trying to get yourself attention…im emo and not every emo has to be sad or depressed or even kill themselves. Im also a model for hot topic i have a myspace and you can look me up idc but still leave him alone hes dead now so all of you can go kill yourselfs.

IP Camera August 7, 2010, 8:33 PM

Hi there, anyway, thanks for the info!

IP camera September 30, 2010, 3:02 PM

Hey can I copy and paste this post on my web site? What references must I give? You might give this info for other people too.

tworzenie stron joomla December 16, 2010, 6:24 PM

I like your post 3) I’ll surely be peeping into it again soon! ;>

Life Plus March 17, 2011, 2:02 PM

@0mgh4xftw yea re lots guitarrist play better a composer everything cob way a unique style younger mask sanity best work another songs kissing shadows wrath within spite sinergy band cob sinergy s a heavy metal band wiht outstanding tones riffsok see dude a time