- The White House has 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, 6 levels, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, 3 elevators and has housed every president since 1800.
- Everything including the soap is picked to reflect the Obama family's personality.
- There is a 90-person staff that cater to the comfort and personal tastes of the first family.
- A Transition Team is in place who will help change the mansion over from the Bushes to the Obamas.
- The Obamas have a say over the interior design of the private quarters -- the second and third floors. Claire Whitcomb, a White House historian, told the Daily News, "Really the White House we have today is a credit to Mrs. Kennedy ... The place was pretty much a dump when they moved in ... She's the one who started the restoration." She explained how because Jackie had young kids, she made it a family home.
- The food is picked by the Obamas' personal tastes. Obama has said he loves chili -- perhaps that will become a staple like huevos rancheros with black beans, a classic Mexican dish the Bushes often requested as their after-church meal on Sundays. There are five full-time chefs who can serve dinner to as many as 140 guests.
- There is a tennis court, jogging track, swimming pool, movie theatre and a bowling lane. Although Obama said if he made it to the White House, "We're taking out the bowling alley ... we're putting in a basketball court."
|Obama Family's Matching Style||Barack Obama: The Moment He Became President||Barack Obama|