Tragedy On Black Friday

walmartdeath2701129.jpg

A Wal-Mart worker is dead after being trampled by "out-of-control" shoppers at 5am on Thursday morning in Long Island, New York.

Other employees attempted to save their trampled co-worker and were also injured. An 8-month pregnant woman was hurt in the incident and at least three other people were taken to the hospital for treatment and observation.

Customers were told to leave the store due to the death, but continued shopping because they did not want to miss out on any sales. Shoppers stepped over the unidentified male employee and were angry when asked to leave since they had been waiting in line outside the store since Thanksgiving morning. Police are now reviewing surveillance video to try and identify the individuals responsible for trampling the Wal-Mart employee to death.

Tragedy continued on the most anticipated shopping day of the year in California, where two people were shot and killed inside a Toys R' Us. According to police, two rival groups were shopping at the store at the same time, when an argument broke out and shots were fired, causing customers to scramble for cover.

Toys R' Us issued a statement and said they were "outraged by the act of violence", which stemmed from a "personal dispute".

next: A-Rod Had A Full Thanksgiving
Chuck November 29, 2008, 6:46 PM

Hey got tired of all this crap of rushing people so early in the morning after thanksgiving. So i stay home and order all my sale items on the internet.
Most stores only carry like 5-8 items that are advertised so it is not only the people but the merchants that caused this tradedy.

Anonymous November 29, 2008, 7:31 PM

As everyone has stated, it is a true tragedy that people have had to die over saving a few dollars for Christmas gifts. I am sad to say that the selfish and greedy nature of man is only going to get worse and the meaning of Christmas is gone because of the lack of commitment from the Christians in our country. We allowed prayer to be taken out of schools and everything has gone downhill ever since. Until the Christian people take a stand and quit allowing the good morals of Gods Word to be buried under their ‘rights’ then tragedies as this will continue to happen. By the way the true meaning of X-mas is CHRISTMAS.

lisa November 29, 2008, 8:04 PM

This is horrible. I love a good sale just as much as the next, but I am not willing to murder for it. All the people that had anything to do with knocking this poor man down and stomping him to death need to be charged with murder. Since the employees didn’t even open the store, these people also need to be charged with breaking and entering. What goes around comes around. I believe these people will get whats coming to them, hopefully a life of pain.

kim November 29, 2008, 8:31 PM

I can not believe this story. In a joke some people use the saying ” I will kill someone to get this toy for my child!” But did we realyy think this would happen? I mean come on, is anything really worth killing, not just a push or shoove but KILL!!! Not one person in the jumble of people tried to help him.The employees had to attempt a help, but the customers just ran over him like cattle.. What a disgrace… We are human not animals!

Sidney November 29, 2008, 10:05 PM

Walmart …. one of the largest corporation… think …. this company spend millions of dollars in lawyers and advicers , Im sure they trained,orientated and gave the neccesary tools to their Salaried employees to cover all these bases; especially safety issues. This Walmart in particulary was unprepared for this maddness event. That proves each year that it gets bigger and bigger. I work for similar retailer.. and I can assured you that there is someone paid well, to take care of these safety details. These corporation they have all policy and regulation in black and white, these comapanies fail becuase the hired people with no ownership and pride to exceeds their company’s goal. So there For I sadly and truely think that the store Manager has alot of to be blame for.
And regardly the young pregnant women , what was so important that she need from Walmart , that she put herself and unborn child at risk, please people stay at home!!!!!

Denise H November 30, 2008, 10:02 PM

I thick every body who trampled the Walmart employee should be punished by haveing them get trampled.My heart goes out to his family.Merry chrismas

John Jones December 1, 2008, 6:49 AM

What is wrong with this society people are more concerned with material things than life itself. I just dont undetrstand why a bagain is more important than realizing someone is hurt and helping them out before anything worse happens. I hope these scumbags who were so concered about getting a bargan rot in hell

Anonymous December 3, 2008, 6:59 PM

I hope Walmart learns from this and the people I mean savages who caused this poor mans senseless death get their punishment somehow…Karma !

EmotionUpSet December 10, 2008, 5:35 AM

ALL stores should take the initiative and follow the same course of action that the Best Buy store [that was posted earlier by Kent], where the sales clerks went outside and passed out tickets for the items for the Black Friday sale. They should also have security as well the Police out in force to maintain peace. This would also take care of the long lines if the majority of the shoppers are only waiting on Black Friday sale items. Many of these customers would head home if they knew that the quantity was limited/didn’t receive a ticket for the sale item(s) that they were waiting for. There’s an informative movie called “The Corporation” that I have just recently seen and has saddened me on how ugly corporations are when it comes to their bottom line!

My condolences to those that have died and have been injured in this chaos I call the Companie’s “in-the-black-cash-flow”.

Isidro Chadbourne January 25, 2011, 9:37 AM

Hi! That’s a worthywebsite.. I mean you stand for high quality and it’s a realthing.

Rocco Hilbun February 11, 2011, 4:43 PM

This are some of the most excellentwise counsels I have ever? read. This is the magnificent article for not olny anyone who is new on this topic.

Edie Grewal February 16, 2011, 12:57 AM

At this point I could only believe it’s sub substantial note.

Pharmg523 April 6, 2011, 11:46 AM

Hello! bdcfbad interesting bdcfbad site!