The utility worker who discovered the bones that may be the remains of Caylee had alerted authorities before.
In a bizarre twist in the ongoing saga of Casey Anthony, the man who initially discovered the remains of a small child on December 11th also called in tips to the Orange County Sheriff's department a total of three times in August. The remains are presumed to be those of missing toddler Caylee Anthony.
Although it was initially reported that the utilities worker had accidentally stumbled upon the skull while he went to the woods to relieve himself, Capt. Angelo Nieves of the Orange County Sheriff's Office now says that the utilities worker called in tips on August 11, 12, 13 and December 11 regarding the area where the remains were found last week.
"We are currently following up on information regarding this particular location, which we received three tips back in August," Nieves said. "We are attempting to be as thorough, as clear and as concise as possible with the information that we received."
Capt. Nieves says that in one of the calls to the Orange County Crimeline tip line, the meter reader reported that a gray bag was on the "right side of the road" near the Anthonys' home.
The meter reader is not a suspect, according to Nieves. There is no indication that he has any ties to Casey Anthony -- at this point, he's "only a "concerned citizen." But many are now speculating that the utilities worker perhaps was frustrated with the police response (or non-response) to his tips, so he went to follow up on his own.
All of this seems pretty fishy to us. What do you think? Comment in the momlogic community.