Caylee Anthony Update: More Bones Uncovered

Investigators have found more bones in the woods behind the Anthonys' home.

The first major break in the Casey Anthony case occurred on December 11th when a plastic bag with a skull and other remains, presumed to be Caylee Anthony, were discovered less than half a mile from Casey Anthony's home. Now, additional evidence has been uncovered.

Early Monday morning, more bones were retrieved by investigators who have literally been sifting for evidence -- removing top soil and pouring it though screens to find additional bones and clues. Since Thursday, the wooded area has been meticulously searched by members of the FBI's evidence response team after a Orange County meter-reader made the grisly discovery.

Carlos Padilla of the Orange County Sheriff's Office says the body had been covered and placed in a garbage bag for four to five months and was for a time underwater. The bones in all probability were washed in different directions and transported to different areas by scavenger animals. The human body has 206 bones.

There is no word as of yet on when investigators will end their search of the area. "They expected to wrap things up on Thursday or Friday," Jim Solomon of the Orange County Sheriff's Office told momlogic. "But as the area continues be  fruitful with evidence, they will continue as long as it takes to process the scene." Since the discovery of the remains, conventional wisdom has been that these are indeed the remains of Caylee.

Linda Kenney Baden, one of Casey Anthony's defense attorneys, said during a court hearing last week that "anthropological measurements and hair color" of the remains were said to match Caylee. There are no other similar missing-child cases in the area.

DNA test results are not due for another week.

George and Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, read the following statement during a televised news conference shortly after 3:00 pm EST: "In the event this is not Caylee, we will immediately continue our search for our beloved granddaughter. Please respect our privacy and understand that we will not be making any statement or appearances in the near future. We would ask you to continue your prayers for Caylee and all other missing children."

Through her attorney, Casey Anthony continues to stick to her story that Caylee was kidnapped by her nanny Zenaida Gonzalez.

We will bring you more details as this story develops.

caylee anthony casey_anthony_more_photos.jpg
Caylee Sighting?

next: The Changing Rules of Cyber-Parenting
redmum December 16, 2008, 8:57 AM

I have to take issue with the headline where you say ‘found behind the Antony’s home’.

Half a mile away is not behind their home which infers almost in their back garden.

Reporting like this doesn’t help the case.

Barbara December 16, 2008, 9:15 AM

I read a comment that in jailhouse interviews Casey said “She’s close to HOLT’ not “home” That’s the name of the school next to the wooded area where remains were found. It’s a 40 second car ride from Grandparents house to remains site. Save Florida a very expensive trial and another circus atmosphere

maureen December 16, 2008, 11:09 AM

absolutely disgusting. if casey did this, she deserves the death penalty. the only reason she is probably “upset” is because now she has no chance in hell getting out of these charges.

beth 1 December 16, 2008, 12:59 PM

I am somewhat amazed that any remains were found that close (within 1 mile is close) to the home. I think it was a mistake not to start combing the surrounding areasthe minute the child was reported missing.

Teresa December 16, 2008, 2:21 PM

I am so upset. I wish that spokespeople would quit stateing that they believe Little Caleys death was an accident. You do not duct tape a corpse. especially not around the mouth. To me this only shows how cold and calculating this Murder really was.

meowomon December 17, 2008, 2:56 AM

Casey, if you time everything right you can avoid the guards who make rounds every 15 minutes. Just tightly wrap a length of sheet around your throat, hang on your bed post, in 1 minute you will be unconscious and then you can just let gravity do it’s thing. See? Simple! But please write a detailed confession letter first.

shane humphrey December 17, 2008, 9:21 PM

RE: Caylee Anthony
Didn’t Casey Anthony state “the police haven’t even found Calee’s clothes yet” ?? If the body found had no clothes on. How did she know this?

marge December 18, 2008, 2:25 PM

All I can say is God Bless little Caylee, poor child sure did suffer, it is very heart breaking. That casey should go into general population so they can do the same to her as she did to Caylee.

Deanne December 19, 2008, 12:05 PM

George Anthony’s backgound is InHomicide, Yet he and Cindy want the world to believe they would announce to a kidnapper”Caylee was see in”whereever” and we’re coming there?? You don’t broadcast to the world what you are doing in investigating a lead. Their searches are just a ruse.

Doug cooley December 19, 2008, 1:36 PM

AS Two Professional People THEY KNEW BETTER THAN TO LIE TO THE POLICE. as a retired professional truck driver if you make a misstake you have to pay dearly for it , SO I THINK THEY SOULD TOO

Margaret Ashley December 19, 2008, 3:17 PM

I
Should there even be a question as to weather they should be punished or not?
They have lied and mislead the police, so what is the hold up in putting them in jail - waiting until the daughter is convicted ? Well let them wait in jail like anyone else would have to do, I am sure they could come up with some kind of charges don’t you?

mrrealist December 19, 2008, 9:48 PM

Baez is a joke, we have another Johnny Cochran on our hands. Imagine, he was upset that he didnt get to tell Casey the news FIRST that the remains found were Caylee’s, something Casey already knows since she killed her daughter. This is a circus and he is Bozo the Clown. I just saw a clip of the attorney representing Cindy & George and he said “Why would someone kill her child and bury her so close to her home”? DUH, LOOK AT THE FBI STATISTICS STORY MAKING DEFENSE ATTORNEY, you will see that in majority of cases that’s just what happens.

I know we need lawyers but the stories that they come up with to implant a reasonable doubt is borderline comical.

I have been following this case from hour 1 and I am hoping that an announcement is coming that ice mom’s prints are on that duct tape.

Meeps December 22, 2008, 2:26 PM

I also think the grandparents should be in trouble of some kind for washing the evidence clothes, and the hairbrush she gave the FBI, and for the way they have also lied to the police about their daughter. Poor Caylee could have and should have been found along time ago, if the psycho daughter would have came clean, no accident here or she would have called for help, did anyone ever say why the day of the 16th she made so many calls to her parents phones , that were never answered by either of them? I have been curious about that and nobody has said why they never called her back. GOD BLESS YOU CAYLEE MARIE. YOU ARE IN SAFE HANDS NOW, NO MORE HARM WILL EVER COME TO YOU ANYMORE, BABY GIRL

Joann December 27, 2008, 10:32 PM

Fear not, Casey Anthony will get exactly what she deserves. Wait until the other prisioners get their hands on her. One thing that doesn’t go over well in prison is when someone hurts a baby, they will take care of her, their own special way. I would love to get my hands on her for just 1hr. I say she should be put to death the same way she killed her sweet little girl. Let’s chloraform her, duct tape her mouth shut and put her in the trunk of a car in 100 degree weather while we all party. May she burn in hell!! God does not sleep!! Caley is with Jesus right now, being loved and protected.

Joann December 27, 2008, 10:38 PM

I hope she burns in HELL !! She will! Sweet little Cayley spent Christmas with Jesus. The person who gave birth to her, I think her name is Casey, spent Christmas in jail and will for the rest of her natural life, then on to HELL,,,rah rah rah..
I think her life should end by chloraforming her, duct tape her mouth shut and put her in a trunk of a car in 100degree weather where she can sufficate..Any other suggestions????

angie December 30, 2008, 8:41 AM

sum it up in two words…. PUBLIC HANGING!!!

mainer January 8, 2009, 6:55 AM

I am thoroughly disgusted by this whole thing. I have a neice not much older than Caylee. I agree with the comment that if Casey did do this to her innocent little girl, she deserves the death penalty…no ifs, ands or buts!!!

Patricia January 8, 2009, 3:27 PM

I have a 2 year old baby girl and a 7 year old son. my son freaks out all the time wants to know when will they find her. when they did he cry why would she do that. does all moms do that. Could I do something . that makes me more pissed off. If i had 2 mins with her one min for her to tell my son WHY and the last min beating her to DEATH for all the pain she cause to that sweet child and pain she cause to my children,me and the world.. Then i would go and whip the grandmother/grandfather/brothers a## to a inch of there life to… so they would remember the bullShi$ they put people thought to……

beverly weaver January 14, 2009, 1:28 PM

I just saw Nancy Grace last night. one of the correspondents on that show was commenting on Roy Kronk, who was featured on a morning show,. I could not believe what the correspondent said “well he sounded credible” sure he is probably a pathological liar like everyone else involved in that case. P.S. psociopaths (sp)
can make you believe the moon is made of cheese too. His past history tells you alot about him, as well as his demeanor. I am not a psychiatrist but come on guys

diane January 26, 2009, 5:46 PM

how could anyboby do this to a poor defendless little child. poor caylee dint have a chance, she got got robbed from living, thanks to casey. casey is a cold heart b and wanted herchild out of the way so she could go party.george and cindy better wake up and smell the coffee cuz there daughter is a baby killer.