Caylee Anthony: Did Search Teams Fail?

How is it possible, with all the searches for little Caylee, she may have been found so close to home?

caylee-found-equ.jpg

The remains of a young child have been located in east Orange County, Florida less than a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office. A positive identification has yet to be made, but officials say they will know if the remains are Caylee Marie soon.

If it is Caylee Marie's body how could the remains of a little girl be found in such close proximity to the Anthonys' home? Mindy Albritton, a representative from Equusearch -- the company that launched two exhaustive searches for the missing toddler -- told momlogic that at the initial search back in June, the area where the body was found was submerged in water. "I believe that it was where our ATVs got stuck in the mud and we couldn't get through."

In their second search, says Albritton, which covered a 25-mile radius around the Anthonys' Orlando house, the area in question was fenced off for new construction of homes. "It was by then private property, and if it's fenced off or the owner posted "No Trespassing" -- unless we can get the property owner to give permission -- we can't enter the area."

The news, if it's true, will no doubt have a profound affect on Casey Anthony. Allen Moore, Public Information Officer from Orange County Jail, says Casey knows about today's developments and has been seen by the jail psychologist -- but is not on suicide watch. She also has had one visitor today: her defense attorney Jose Baez.

Do you believe the remains are really Caylee's? Comment in the momlogic community.

Story developing ...

caylee anthony casey_anthony_more_photos.jpg
Caylee Sighting?

next: My Dentist is All Up in My Grill
homemom3 December 11, 2008, 2:09 PM

This is so sad. I was actually thinking this myself when I wrote it up a few minutes ago. I mean how did they miss this after all this time. Didn’t someone walk by? A trash bag, by a meter. How often are these things checked? Sounds to me, someone’s dumped this body there recently.

YerMomma December 11, 2008, 2:36 PM

The reason they didnt find the remains before is because of the high water during the summer search…and the reason they were found today was because a utility worker went off the trail to go pee..and thats how they found it…I seriously doubt somone just dumped it there..and if they did they will be able to determine it by the weathering of the plastic bag and how long it was out there

Jackie December 11, 2008, 2:41 PM

I thought the same thing…so much for scouring the area. Absolutely tragic

Gayle December 11, 2008, 2:43 PM

How interesting it would be to be a fly on the wall at the Anthony home. I do feel horribly for them all (except Casey obviously). Caylee wanted to be found. She wanted the end of this to come. Caylee though she is not with us in the physical sense will tell us what happened. Her little body holds the answers. Poor little baby girl.

LMK December 11, 2008, 2:45 PM

I’m saddened by the fact this could be Caylee, but am happy that if it is, she and the world who has fallen in love with her can have closure. I’m positive that it is Caylee’s, considering the proximity to the house and the irony that it is a place Casey used to go to in high school. So Casey, get your sponge and diaper ready, because you are gonna fry girl.

glitter December 11, 2008, 2:55 PM

JUST CURIOUS COULD THIS MAYBE BE TRENTON DUCKETT?WASNT HE MISSING FROM FL TOO?

Lorrie December 11, 2008, 2:57 PM

Did Casey Anthony not say from the get go to her brother Lee that she “felt” Caylee was really close?? I pray that there is some closure for family and friends that didn’t keep changing their stories to proteck Casey, but that really loved that little girl and were out actively searching for her.

MrRealist December 11, 2008, 2:57 PM

This raises many thoughts for me.
Can the death penalty be put back on the table for Casey? I hope so.
Also, I guess Baez’s great defense strategy to ignore evidence and along with the Cindy & George go around the country promoting lies to try and save Casey. 100% huh Baez? maybe you can blame the meter reader now..
Does anyone believe in Karma? days after Baez says 100% innocent and one day after George and Cindy lie right into the camera on Larry King, the body is found.
Lastly, how bad were the great Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla and the rest of the search effort? I mean, come on, a meter man relieving himself finds it near the Anthony House! thousands of hours, tens of thousands of dollars wasted. Appears like incompetence to me.
Also - I hope George and especially Cindy get charged with something, so everyone watching will know you cannot lie and coverup and Baez, well I hope he has another line of work.

Eyes December 11, 2008, 2:58 PM

It is surprising that they missed it, but I think you have the explanation as to why.

glitter December 11, 2008, 3:00 PM

i feel bad that the grandparents have to go through this but who could of done this ? and if casey did she is a sick girl and i hope she rots for it!!

Abbey December 11, 2008, 3:01 PM

I have something to say about the whole finding her less then a mile away from her home. Dont you ever hear of accients happening less then a mile away from your home. maybe she thought ppl would be stupid to believe she would put the body that close to her home but you hear about things like this all the time. n the fact they just found it. well that doesnt mean someone just went n put the body there. if they couldnt search for it the first time cuz it was under water n the second time cuz of a fence of course there just now gonna find it. i hope to god this is over with n something can finally be done.

Jasmine December 11, 2008, 3:02 PM

I feel so sad now and phycicaly sick when I read Caylees remains may have been found. I mean I knew Caylee was gone in my heart, but somewhere deep inside I guess I had hoped for god to grant a miracle. Im not going to give any of this time right now to Casey, I want Caylee to know its all for her. … “Caylee, sweetheart, please know that you are loved by a entire nation, and have been in our hearts from the first day we heard your name, and will have a piece of our hearts now forever. ..our tears now can be our comfort knowing that you can finally rest in peace and knowing that god will forever protect you now…goodbye sweet Caylee

glitter December 11, 2008, 3:03 PM

CAYLEE IF IT IS YOUR BODY THAT WAS FOUND I HOPE YOU REST IN PEACE YOU DESERVE IT AFTER ALL THIS CRAZINESS

glitter December 11, 2008, 3:05 PM

WELL I HOPE THAT THE GRANDPARENTS GET THERE CLOSESURE

Paul in VA December 11, 2008, 3:10 PM

I’m confused how Zenaida Gonzalez, the babysitter that that Casey had reported kidnapped Caylee, would drive over by the Anthony’s house to dispose of the body. How did she know where they lived?

jason blair December 11, 2008, 3:13 PM

this area was flooded by water during the searches

knarahs December 11, 2008, 3:37 PM

Yes, I believe the remains are Caylee. I did not believe the pictures of the little girl at the Florida Mall were Caylee because Caylee has a nose like her mother, with a definite slope, and the “Mall girl” had a totally different sort of nose, definitely aqualine in shape.
Prayers are answered. My prayer was that if Caylee could not be found alive, then that she be brought home, in out of the cold.

Shell December 11, 2008, 3:45 PM

I hope the Anthony’s finally admit that they’re daughter committed murder. They will probably come up with some sort of explanation as to how this happened to keep defending their daughter.

Meeps December 11, 2008, 4:17 PM

well jose bias 100% sure the nutcase didn’t do it, here is your 100% that she did do it, and she was right, she was still close to home….. Now casey will get what she needs to get, jailed for life, and she should not get protective custody, she should be put in main stream, so the folks can show her what its like, to have people around you that don’t love you. GOD BLESS YOUR LITTLE SOUL ANGEL CAYLEE MARIE. Now maybe her parents will face up to the facts, that you raise a liar, thief, manipulator for your whole life and things like this happen, she should have been punished when caught doing all the wrong things, and hurting people and stealing from her own grandparents. what a truly low life scumbag you’ve raised.

homemom3 December 11, 2008, 4:46 PM

does anyone know where Casey’s brother was in the last two days? I think the timing of her in jail and parents away is also perfect. Maybe he got tired of knowing about the family secret. (just a thought, since we are throwing them out there)

I sure hope this is Caylee, then she can go on and be in peace. Let the authorities make sure she gets justice. As for putting death penalty on the table again, I don’t think they can. Isn’t that double jeopardy?