Caylee Anthony's Body Found?

The remains of a young child were found near the Anthonys' home.

The remains of a young child have been located in east Orange County, Florida less than a half-mile from Casey Anthony's parents' home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

An Orange County water meter reader discovered a bag roughly three-tenths of a mile from the Anthonys' home.

According to news reports, when the meter reader picked up the bag, a skull fell out. The Orange County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that the body is a young child.

"We are assuming they are the remains of a victim," said Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons.

It is not clear at this point whether the body could be Caylee Anthony.

"We know we have a recent discovery. We have investigators on the scene. We need to determine what we have," said Solomons.

We will keep you posted as this story develops.

caylee anthony casey_anthony_more_photos.jpg
Caylee Sighting?

next: I'm One Cranky Mommy
Anonymous December 11, 2008, 2:47 PM

Let’s hope to lay this child to rest and give her a proper buriel that it is her.

Frosty December 11, 2008, 3:34 PM

IF Caylee is truly dead, I hope these are her remains at last; God forbid another child has been killed. I’ve thought from the beginning Casey killed her daughter, but doubted the remains would ever be found. Isn’t it wonderful that God let a meter-reader find them? When humans give up, His intervention can come through and shed light on a subject.

mad mom December 11, 2008, 3:56 PM

If this is Caylee, put a needle in Casey’s arm. No court, no anything else. KILL CASEY.

Charlie December 11, 2008, 4:38 PM

FOX and other news agencies are incorrectly reporting the location of the skeletal remains. The Sope-Bocks has a map and other information showing the actual location, along with information regarding the search warrant Sheriff Beary is seeking for George and Cindy Anthony’s home.

TC December 11, 2008, 5:22 PM

.. a needle? that’s TOO good a passing for this monster. I say put her in an open room full of mothers that have lost their children and see if she comes out.

.. and I’ll be waiting for her outside the room if she manages to talk her way out of it.

lisa December 11, 2008, 10:57 PM

I am not so angry at the tot mom as I am of the grandparents as I am a grandmother myself I know it is hard to say my child ever did anything wrong that i could not believe, would be in there nature to do HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID THEY KNEW WHAT KIND OF DISGUISTING HUMAN BEING SHE TRUELY IS WAS AND ALL WAS WILL BE SHE IS ON T.V TALKING ABOUT THE BOND BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A CHILD GET OFF OF IT,WITH ALL THAT SAID HOW ON EARTH CAN “GRANDPARENTS”THAT CLAIM TO HAVE LOVED THIS LITTLE ANGEL CAYLEE LET THERE DAUGHTER GET AWAY WITH THE MURDER OF THEIR GRANDCHILD,THEY HAVE CREATED A MONSTER AND CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE HER BEHAVIOR THAT THEY ALWAY HAVE ALLOWED.
IF THEY LOVED THAT GRANDCHILD,THEY WILL MAN UP AND LET GOD HANDLE THERE DAUGHTER LORDS KNOWS THEY COULDN’T…..

ashley December 12, 2008, 7:38 AM

I’ll bet casey will still deny she did anything. And cindy will probably say someone else murdered her. That b***h will never admit to it.

Anonymous December 13, 2008, 9:18 PM

oh this is so sad… i was holding onto that .00001% chance she was alive, i really want her to be alive!

Sally December 15, 2008, 5:40 PM

We all want her to be alive. Sadly, I knew Caylee was dead on July 16 when I watched Casey Anthony’s bail hearing as she was first imprisoned for child neglect. Homicide dogs are trained to alert on dead bodies. Homicide detectives don’t lie in a court of law and say the car smelled like a dead body and he knows what a dead body smelled like. Even the tow truck driver, George Anthony, Cindy Anthony and Lee Anthony all said the car smelled like death. Air tests and DNA tests confirmed it. All the state needed was the body to prove time and cause of death to get a guilty verdict on first degree murder. I’m glad Caylee can be buried in a grave and not be scattered all over the woods. Now the bogus Caylee sightings will stop. Hopefully the grandparents will mourn their loss, plan Caylee’s funeral and keep their mouth shut and let their daughter’s attorneys and the prosecutors fight it out in court. Justice for Caylee is coming in March.

Aly December 15, 2008, 10:48 PM

I’m still hoping Caylee’s alive! This meter reader story is so bull!

Sally December 15, 2008, 11:41 PM

Aly, wake up. The body is Caylee. The meter reader is a hero. He found Caylee when no one else could and now she can have a proper burial and funeral and the entire nation can have closure. I always thought Caylee’s body would be found by a hiker or someone who wasn’t looking before the trial began. I’m concerned about the duct tape being wrapped around Caylee’s mouth. It makes sense that Casey would dump the body close to home as soon as the smell got too bad in the car trunk. The defense is still sticking to the nanny kidnapped Caylee story and saying Zenaida sneaked in the house and got plastic bags, duct tape and dumped the body close to home to frame Casey because the Anthonys were getting close ro finding Caylee with the sightings. The story is so unblievable and bizarre no jury member in their right mind would believe it. I predict the jury will vote guilty but to what will be the question.

liz December 16, 2008, 9:21 PM

THE MORE I WATCH AND HEAR ABOUT THE FINDINGS OF THIS LITTLE ANGEL CAYLEE THE SICKER I FEEL.
HEY WHAT A SUPRISE THE GRANDPARENTS NOW WANT FULL AMMUNITY. WHY, GEROGE AND CINDY THE NANNY DID IT REMEMBER?
I GET EVEN SICKER WHEN I HEAR PEOPLE SAY THE POOR GRANDPARENTS WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO WARRENT THIS? I’LL TELL YOU WHAT THEY DIDN’T DO—RAISE THERE CHILDREN TO BE STAND UP PEOPLE,WHEN YOU CAN STEAL LIE AND MUNIPULATE THAT HAD TO BE LEARNED SOMEWHERE MY HUNCH “THE GRANDPARENTS” THEY ARE AS INDIRECTLY GILTY AS THERE POOR EXCUSE OF A DAUGHTER.GIVE CAYLEE THE DEATH PENALTY AND LIFE FOR THE BROTHER AND “POOR”GRANDPARENTS……

LIZ December 16, 2008, 9:29 PM

SO SORRY I MEANT TO SAY CASEY NOT CAYLEE ABOVE WHEN I SAID THAT THE SHOULD GIVE CASEY THE DEATHE PENTLY NOT CAYLEE,HER MOM TOOK CARE OF THAT, SORRY AGAIN, TYPO..

lila December 19, 2008, 5:48 PM

well, sad to say i just heard the doctor state that the bones recoved were that of Caylee….

i don’t know how to feel at this very moment,happy that she is finally found and can for once be brought in from the out door elimates that surrounded her little body for 6 months.

I do know that should i be in that murders shoes, i wouldn’t wait for the death penity I would just make the world a much better place and go “kind of how you did to your little angel”

abrianna January 18, 2009, 2:46 PM

if that was my child i would never kill or hurt or put my hands on my child..if i were you investorgators i wouldn’t put her in jail i would kill her myself and for her to see how it feels like to be dead at a young age.I never heard nutten like this disgusting.

Rachel January 30, 2009, 3:51 AM

Now what is left of Caylee’s little body is still in a funeral home.She should have a funeral and be at rest.
I cannot understand how Casey could have murdered precious little Caylee.
Her little body was dumped like garbage.

Issac Kirsch March 28, 2011, 9:38 AM

You are a very clever person!

Wayne Borman March 30, 2011, 7:30 AM

I carry on listening to the reports lecture about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?

Pharmg734 April 6, 2011, 10:47 AM

Hello! keeabek interesting keeabek site!

remote control helicopters April 7, 2011, 10:42 PM

Some good points that you have made on this topic. From my investigation it would appear that you have completed an excellent job on the article and that most of the experts would agree with you.