Too Risky for Casey to Attend Caylee's Funeral

Jailed Casey Anthony will not be allowed to go to her daughter's funeral.

anthony-funeral.jpg

Little Caylee Anthony will soon be put to rest. According to her attorney, the family of the Orlando toddler will have a public memorial service for their granddaughter.

One person who will not be able to attend the services will be Caylee's mother Casey.

Orange County Corrections Public Information Officer Allen Moore compares the reason Casey can't be in public to Jack Ruby's public execution of Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of John F. Kennedy.  "There is an extreme risk for Casey," Moore tells momlogic, "Our policy is there is no way she is going into the community unless a judge orders it -- and if he did we [the Orange Country Jail] will resist it."

Even in the confines of the jail, Casey will be afforded no special treatment the day of Caylee's proposed funeral. Moore does say however, "She will on that day, like all days, have access to a chaplain and the Corrections Health Services personnel."

There will also be no special treatment on Christmas Day either. Her Christmas meal, the same that is served to all inmates, will consists of:
  • Roast beef with gravy
  • Buttered Mashed Potatoes
  • Creamed corn
  • Baked Apple Crisp
  • Bread & Butter
  • Juice

Other than the Christmas meal, Casey's routine that day will be the same. Due to her status as an inmate in "protective custody level one," she will not be eligible to attend any of the Christmas programs being offered by the jail's three ministries.

next: Alaska Pulls the Plug on Snowzilla
Crystena December 23, 2008, 7:16 PM

Casey does not deserve to attend the funeral of little Cayle. She took the live of this sweet child and has continued to lie about everything. I feel sorry for Cindy ANd Geroge. I heart and prayers go out to them both. I only hope and pray that GoF gives them both the strenth top get through this. They lost their grand Daughter and daughter through all this. Geroge and Cindy you are in my prayers
Crystena Mccauley
Madison, Wisconsin

Crystena December 23, 2008, 7:18 PM

Casey does not deserve the right to attend the funeral of little Caylee. She took the live of this sweet child and has continued to lie about everything. I feel sorry for Cindy and Geroge. My heart and prayers go out to them both. I only hope and pray that God gives them both the strenth to get through this. They lost their grand Daughter and daughter through all this. Geroge and Cindy you are in my prayers
Crystena Mccauley
Madison, Wisconsin

Linda Lee December 23, 2008, 8:01 PM

Hey, yeah, let Casey go, maybe we can have another funeral. Hers.

Norm December 23, 2008, 8:37 PM

Caylee is resting with the Angels! A reminder to us all to protect the innocents in this world.

Jewelz December 23, 2008, 9:57 PM

Casey MURDERED Caylee, H3LL no she shouldn’t be allowed to be at that poor baby’s funeral.
Casey Anthony should get the death penalty and in lieu of a funeral for her, get out a hefty bag and toss her out in the woods. She should get what she gave to that poor child!!!

LI_Mom December 23, 2008, 10:49 PM

There are so many reasons why the monster shouldn’t be at Caylee’s funeral.

1. Having ‘it’ there would only add more grief to her own family. Not seeing Casey gives her family at least a chance to start facing REALITY and to stop defending the person who killed this innocent baby. If she shows up, I’m afraid Cindy & George will snap right back into trying to pretend Casey is a victim.

2.Casey has already done enough harm to Caylee, this baby’s funeral should be all about Caylee and having the monster there would take the focus off Caylee and put it back on the disgusting killer.

At least on the day of Caylee’s funeral, let’s hope the Anthony family will remember IT’S ALL ABOUT CAYLEE. ONLY Caylee.

3. It would be a tragedy if some angry person put or tried to the monster out of her misery and then winded up in trouble with the law. Casey is NOT worth it not even for Caylee’s sake.

Most of all, we know Casey has no need to go to a funeral to say goodbye to the baby she killed. She already said her goodbyes to Caylee when she put her in trash bags & dumped her body like yesterday’s garbage. Dumped her baby & then spent a month enjoying her freedom!

Her last month of freedom.

R.I.P Caylee

Rot in hell Casey.

dc December 24, 2008, 1:21 AM

while i in no way, shape, or form identify with, excuse, or agree with harming a child, i am deeply troubled by the anger in these comments. ladies…do not let the crimes and actions of another rot your heart with anger and vengeance. i understand the passion on Caylee’s behalf…but being spiteful and wishing murder on someone else is no way to heal. LOVE that much more the true gifts of children you have been given. Open your hearts to good things…not rotting in hell and murderous thoughts. These are no good for you and really is a way for the evil doings of one woman to live on in your hearts and heads.

I hope the spirit of what i am saying and how i am saying it is being conveyed well here. It is for each of your sakes that i encourage you to not let anger and yuck take hold in your heart. Merry Christmas.

Jim December 24, 2008, 3:03 AM

Casey will be eating better than me. I wouldn’t eat the meat. I’m vegetarian. But still. She’ll be chowin down on Christmas.

This whole thing is a sad story. I hope she gets a fair trial, and I’m sorry she can’t attend her daughter’s funeral. It’s too mad the media has fueled such a frenzy.

angelofdeath December 24, 2008, 7:55 AM

It would be sacrilege to let her attend.
She choroformed Caylee and ended up killing her so that she could party.
Her partying days are over.
She’s gonna fry for what she did!
Then she will be consumed by Hell’s Unholy Fire for all eternity!

Anne Marie December 24, 2008, 7:57 AM

Her daughter is gone, Casey’s life is ruined, George and Cindy will never be the same again, all for the sake of lies. Didn’t it dawn on this girl at SOME point that she would do better had she told the truth?

tnnbrowneyes December 24, 2008, 10:31 AM

LIES on top of LIES got you know where at all and NOW you stand ALONE to face the TRUTH. The lost, sorrow,pain, you caused, now it is time for u to face REALITY! ALONE!

mollysmom December 24, 2008, 4:42 PM

she probably didn’t want to go anyway…

Lynn December 24, 2008, 10:37 PM

what about her day in court, i want to hear what the judge and jury have to say before I condem this woman. I pray for the child, and the mother.

Mae December 25, 2008, 3:15 PM

This is such a sad and sorrowful thing for anyone to have to go thru. Little Caylee will not ever be hurt anymore.
Within my heart, I truly believe that there is more that has’t been told about all this. I think some others knows more than they are telling.
But one thing for sure, God knows and he is the judge and will never forget it.One day some one is going to stand before God for little Caylee.
Mae

Jena December 26, 2008, 12:07 AM

Why should Casey Anthony get any special treatment? She has lied, didn’t care that her daughter was laying in the woods, while she was out partying, stealing checks and going on shopping sprees. To me she is where she belongs. All I can think about is if she did not want that precious baby she knew she had two parents who loved her, and would have taken her into their home without casey being part of the deal. May GOD have mercy on her soul!

letrece December 26, 2008, 2:43 AM

Caylee, hello,I am a preschool teacher and a mother of 3.I have followed this case from day 1!I will say that only God knows if you suffered during your tragedy but I know that there is no suffering where you are now!My heart goes out for your family as well as your mom because I was a young mom once and missed some of the things that I use to do but never did I think to do sometning so selfish as to wish my daughter away!I pray that she comes clean if she’s guilty and know that God will always know the truth and he will bring things to light now or later.I hope she ask God for mercy and most of all ask for forgiveness for what she is guilty of.

jordansmom December 26, 2008, 10:47 AM

Casey never attended any of the family held prayer vigils when she was out of jail, why would she attend her own baby’s funeral…the baby that she herself murdered?

ZanyJany December 27, 2008, 12:20 PM

I have become consumed with this story, I find myself flipping my tv remote, trying to pick up every little bit of news there is. The look in the eye’s of the grandparents say it all for me, with each time they are shown speaking to Casy, You can see the disbeleive in there eye’s, trying so hard to pick up on something.I also have a daughter that can not speak the truth, We want so much to believe, But it never come’s, Years of story telling has made it impossable. They are so hungry for the truth, And walking on egg shell’s while handleing a girl like this will only make it worst, They feel your pity and take it as a sign of love and understanding, which is then used to only add more furl to a burning bush. Casy is getting just want she has always wanted, the attention of both parents and brother. And the attention of everyone one else is an extra bonus. Caylee was front and center taking away the full attention, And while Casy was pregnant she was comsumed with excitment with doting grandparents over the though of a grand child, That was casy’s ticket to her world. But it all changed when the focus was Caylee. Casy’s then looked at this child as a rivel. She held this child over the grandparents in order to keep her hold over them, And then it became too much for her to handle, Caylee then became the focus of the parents, and Casy was then considered a visitor in her own mind,Taking Caylee out of the picture, She felt was the only way to get the focus back on herself. The bar hopping was her way of celibrating life. (hers) as it was before Caylee destoryed her way of life, People like this should not be handled with kid gloves, Stop tresting them like children, It’s time to treat this girl like a murder’re and get to the truth. Mom and Dad need to stand back and stop being a parent and take the roll as a Grandparent for awhile. I still today have to go outside and feel the rain on my face, when my daughter tells me it’s raining.I love my daughter, But when it comes to my grand children she is put on the back burner. I live close and I keep my eye’s wide open and my ears are closed to her storying telling. Just the fact’s mame.

michelle r December 28, 2008, 8:01 PM

This is horrible, a situation that has the world by the tail. A lil angel had to suffer for the ignorance of others.
GOD WILL BE WITH CAYLEE TO LOVE AND PROTECT HER. As for the Anothony’s they need to be punished as well. But I’m Curious to know why Caylee’s real father’s family has not been in the situation. What is the real reason? Anyone knows the truth on this.

Anonymous December 29, 2008, 5:42 PM

I’ve been following this case, too. I think about that sweet baby girl all the time and wonder if she suffered.

As a mother of four, I want to believe that she just went to sleep and that was that. It did give me some comfort that they found her book with her body. I don’t know why. I guess it’s because there were good memories associated with the book. Happier times.

I’m not a psychologist but I’ve been reading Dr. Robert Hare’s book, Without Conscience. If you’re interested in gaining a little insight into Casey Anthony or just making sense of it all, I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, psychopaths live among us. There are a number of studies done on why the brain doesn’t trigger the normal emotional responses. Psychopaths are not “crazy”. They know exactly what they’re doing. They are charming liars who have no understanding of remorse or guilt. They occupy the center of their own universe and see others only as accessories, a means, to whatever they want.

They also exibit anti-social behaivors early. Which makes me believe that Casey Anthony’s parents knew their daughter was irresponsible, impulsive, superficial, manipulative, deceitful and lacked empathy for her child.

Where the hell were they??? Why would they leave their granddaughter with Casey?? How deep does the denial have to be to put an unstable 22 year old in charge of a 3 year old?

I have so many questions. Somehow, I feel very few of them will ever be answered satisfactorily.

This is a cautionary tale for all of us. If in doubt; don’t.

I can’t know for certain what I would’ve done in their position.

But I wish the Anthony’s had listened to their gut and taken Caylee with them on vacation. I wish they had trusted their instincts when they came home, smelled the “death” in the trunk of Casey’s car, dialed 911 and asked for the police to arrest their daughter.

~~sad and disappointed in Texas