Delivery Room Confessions from Dads

What he really thinks about when he's looking "down there!"

In this installment of Dadlogic, "Moment of Truth" host Mark L. Walberg, KIIS-FM host JoJo Wright, retired NFL player Femi Ayanbadejo and Jeff Sebelia of "Project Runway"' tell us what they were really thinking in the delivery room. What they've got to say is eye-opening.

Do you agree with what they had to say? Watch for more Dadlogic, coming soon.

next: Pregnant Actress Still Breast Feeding 2-Year-Old
LAM December 16, 2008, 4:58 PM

evil end? your child your little love came out of that “evil end”

cleo December 16, 2008, 5:34 PM

yeah I would definitely agree with those guys and I’m a woman who just gave birth to my son. It certainly did smell evil so yeah it was at the time the “evil end”. People in America need to stop being so sensitive. In reality, it was gross even from my point of view. It was a beautiful yet disgusting process

JL Coburn December 16, 2008, 5:46 PM

Being a former nurse and having 3 beautiful children with my wife now I will tell you I made it a point to avoid looking down there [yes she knows that] because there are just some things that get etched into your memory after seeing them. It wasn’t my job to play catch this time so I just waited, cut the cord, then held the precious little bundles after they were cleaned up.

anony December 16, 2008, 5:50 PM

You always hear men commenting on the gross aspects (yes there are many gross aspects)of delivery so I’m glad to hear them comment on the good parts for a change.

alicia December 16, 2008, 7:20 PM

that was beautiful, guys!

hatterasjude December 16, 2008, 8:11 PM

I delivered my granddaughter with the help of a midwife, while my son-in-law helped keep my daughter focused. All natural, no drugs, and the baby was 9 pounds 15 ounces. Absolutely incredible experience. This was her fourth baby and we only missed the birth of one by five minutes. I don’t remember anything ‘smelly’ or nasty at all, just a beautiful baby girl with healthy lungs.

Daddy David of 5 December 16, 2008, 9:49 PM

I remember all of the five the first was natural the 5th was c section and the most awesome thing ever seen pulling the child from the foot out from under the rib cage.Alot of fluids and blood but still the most Beautiful sight ever,the little boy cleaned up fine and was fine.Who could think there wasnt a God after seeing a miracle like this born .Its now 15 years later .I as a father am still thankful and grateful to say Tahnk God for my family…Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night ..P.S apply your own GOD to this story if you dont agree with mine ..

Dr.MOZ December 17, 2008, 3:37 PM

Great piece Momlogic, we just gave it a Tweet! We interviewed many experienced fathers when creating The GoodFather line for expecting dads and heard many positive delivery stories like this from our new fathers as well.

Thanks again for including dads in Momlogic!

~ Dr.MOZ

Christie December 17, 2008, 4:49 PM

Very sweet. I want to see more of this episode. Femi is so cute.

ame i. December 17, 2008, 10:26 PM

My first daughter was born via emergency c-section. My husband accidentally caught a glimpse behind the surgical curtain on his way to the table where they placed our daughter. The surgeon was sewing up my uterus. Husband quipped “At least we don’t have to take THAT home. It looks like a pot roast!” The surgeon then popped it back in to me & hubby screached like Homer Simpson.
Another accidental glimpse following the VBAC birth of our second daughter. He did a funny hopping “dance” while saying “Ew! Ew! It looks like someone dumped a plate of lasagna on your lap!”
Odd man.

Anonymous December 17, 2008, 10:30 PM

It doesn’t say much for the maturity of these dads. Smelly? Sex is smelly, too, but they don’t seem to mind that. Sorry, guys, but that’s just a few steps beyond the body wash commercials.

Mom of one, auntie to 4 December 17, 2008, 11:59 PM

What’s wrong with saying it stinks? Of course it does. It doesn’t take away from the miracle you witness.

Megan December 18, 2008, 2:54 AM

Exactly, “Mom of one, auntie of 4”, there’s nothing wrong with saying that it stinks. Many people don’t even know about details such as that. It’s so cute how the guys are so passionate about their participation.

another dad December 24, 2008, 6:59 AM

THe whole process is like a scene out of the movie alien. It is a miracle, but it is disgusting.

Mother To-Be December 24, 2008, 10:49 PM

You know, women have to go through this all the pain, it wouldnt kill a man to actually look past the smell and blood, and see its actually a beautiful thing.

Ben's Momma January 9, 2009, 11:22 AM

Is it odd that I don’t remember anything smelly? I remember no smells whatsoever?

Herlinda Landers June 15, 2009, 8:21 PM

Thank you very much for this video. It is awesome to see some proud and happy fathers.