Guest blogger Naila: I hate cheaters. Male, female, rich, poor ... cheating to me is a cowardly act. But lately, following the latest celebrity scandal, I am finding myself more disgusted with the crazy and uptight blogger moms. RELAX!!!!
Reading through replies and columns, I can't help but wonder if part of the rage is underlying guilt of their own. How often do you and the hubby have sex Mrs. Mad Blogger? Outside of your bedroom? Did you bury your sultry look with your wedding album? Maybe all of those split ends, butterfly clips, fanny packs and burp cloths leave hubby a lil' less enthusiastic about you and more interested in the girl ... any girl.
Now if he cheats? IT'S STILL HIS FAULT. But the term accessory comes to mind. Phrases like "basically a whore" recall Puritans of old. For God's sake, when did everyone get so uptight? Here are some facts ... that apparently have gone unnoticed by the verbal tar and feather machine commonly known as mom bloggers.
1. Men love sex: bad sex, good sex, anytime anywhere...if you think your husband is the exception, go to rule number two.
2. If you withhold sex from your man, he will eventually get it somewhere else. Period. There are no exceptions to this rule.
3. Just because men like X-rated videos, rough sex or anything else doesn't mean they are not family men or want you to walk on Sunset soliciting in-between diaper changes. It means channel your inner vamp and explore something other than the playground with your kids!
4. Men can love you and still cheat -- men are visual. Even if your man lost sight of his waistline a decade ago, he still wants to see your waistline doing the rumpshaker, in that nurse's outfit or in your birthday suit ... with the lights on!
5. Look your best! Throw out the grandma undies, lose the college hairstyle and the Stride Rite shoes! Growing up doesn't equal growing frumpy!
6. Cheating shouldn't cost you your livelihood, unless you are a priest or a nun..
I don't turn on "Kitchen Nightmares" because Gordon Ramsay is a great husband. Zip it and let the man go back to screaming at wannabe chefs.