As if times aren't stressful enough, now we have to figure out the HOLIDAYS! Chill out ... celebrity party planner Lara Shriftman's got the 411.
Entertaining expert Lara Shriftman helps us get through the pain of figuring out what to buy for folks this year.
• Keep the individual in mind and buy specifically for them, don't give them something YOU would like to get.
• Buy something you know the person will want or like. This may sound obvious, but how many of you have received a gift and gone "wha????"
• Give something that you know the person will not purchase for themselves.
• With stricter return policies this year, be sure to enclose the gift receipt within the box.
• Hand write a card to give the gift a personal touch, even if it's a homemade card.
• Gifts don't have to be expensive, you can have fun and get creative. Find inexpensive solutions in momlogic's annual Gift Guide.
• Is your budget extra tight this year (we understand.)? Make your own: cookies for the nanny, a body scrub with a personalized label. Get creative!
|Luxury, fashion and lifestyle expert Lara Shriftman co-founded Harrison & Shriftman in 1995. The agency specializes in public relations, marketing and events for high-profile luxury brands. Harrison & Shriftman currently has 50 employees spanning three offices in New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Over the years, Lara has assisted in building world-class brands that include Juicy, Jimmy Choo, W Hotels and Grey Goose. Harrison & Shriftman's impressive client list continues to expand its reach within the global market. In addition to serving as a correspondent for Extra with her own segment, Party Confidential, Lara and partner Elizabeth Harrison have authored four books on entertaining, Fete Accompli (Random House, Clarkson Potter; Fall 2004) Fete Accompli Workbook (Random House, Clarkson Potter; July 2005), Party Confidential (Bulfinch Press, a division of Time Warner Book Group; November 2006), and Party Confidential: New Etiquette for Fabulous Entertaining (St. Martin's, July 2008). www.partyconfidential.com|