Jeremy Piven Abandons Broadway Due to Health Issue

piv270.jpg

Actor Jeremy Piven has abruptly abandoned his role in the Broadway revival of David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow" due to a recent diagnosis that he has a high mercury count.

"We have been advised by Jeremy Piven's medical representatives that he is seriously ill and is unable to fulfill his contractual obligation to Speed-the-Plow," the play's producers stated. "Consequently, he has left the production 10 weeks early."

Mamet seemed unsure of the seriousness of Piven's condition, after the actor missed two matinee performances this week.

"I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury," said Mamet. "So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."

Piven's representative said that the actor was inclined to continue the show but that doctors warned him to leave it immediately.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Doc Martens Are Back!
Tom December 20, 2008, 8:29 AM

There are 3 main sources of mercury, fish, silver fillings and vaccines. The worst is vaccine mercury. This is ethylmercury, injected into the body , where it goes right into the brain and other tissue. Once in the brain it is converted to Hg++ where it remains trapped and recks havoc. The next most dangerous is vapor from mercury fillings. Again, this vapor gets into the bllod and ends up in the brain. While methylmercury (fish) is very toxic, it actually gets eliminated quite efficently through the gut. The mainstream medical communty doesn’t have a clue!

mainstream medical community December 27, 2008, 3:52 PM

Tom … you truly have no idea. But thanks for trying. I only hope that Jeremy is whimping out on his contract and not due to something real. One does not get mercury poisoning unless they have an intense exposure. See below.

Mercury fatal intoxication: Two case reports.Triunfante P, Soares ME, Santos A, Tavares S, Carmo H, Bastos MD.
REQUIMTE, Toxicology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Porto, Rua Aníbal Cunha 164, 4099-030 Porto, Portugal.

We report two cases of fatal intoxications with mercury, one intentional and the other allegedly resulting from a drug formulation mistake. Both cases occurred in the year of 2004. The first case refers to a man who ingested a great portion of a mercuric chloride solution. He attended a hospital emergency, submitted to treatment, but died after 49 days. In the second case, a woman applied on the chest skin an ointment containing a great quantity of mercury bromide. After 7 days of treatment in the hospital, she died. In both cases, samples of tissues and organs were collected at autopsy for mercury analysis. Because methylation of mercury in humans after exposure to metallic or inorganic mercury is almost unknown, both total mercury and methylmercury were quantified in the post-mortem samples. The quantifications were carried out by Cold Vapour Generation Atomic Absorption Spectrometry for total mercury and by HPLC-UV for methylmercury. The total mercury contents found in the post-mortem fluid and tissue samples were consentaneous with mercury poisoning. For the first case, the concentrations found, expressed in mug/g wet weight, were in the liver 49.9, lung 3.27 and brain 0.33, and for blood 11.7mug/mL. For the second case, the concentrations expressed in mug/g wet weight were in the liver 46.6, lung 14.6, brain 0.21, kidney 77.7, stomach 7.12, spleen 6.4 and heart 2.34, and for blood and urine 2.95 and 1.40mug/mL, respectively. Only in the first case was methylmercury found and quantified in liver (1.70mug/g wet weight) and in blood (0.15mug/mL) samples.

And in closing, you anti vaccinationists are not just nuts … but insanely dangerous!

Jim Mears December 27, 2008, 11:56 PM

Tom,

Do you have a valid scientific reality-based source for what you say? I was just tested this past May 2008 and I have no unusual mercury levels in my blood. Since my mouth is full of fillings, I eat fish almost daily, and I have had all normal vaccines plus some extras like yellow fever, I should be glowing in the dark according to what you say. Don’t post crap on the internet when you don’t have a fricken clue.

Cheers!

bad credit loans December 11, 2009, 7:08 PM

Good Morning!!! www.momlogic.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. All the best.

Fashion Design October 12, 2010, 1:50 PM

I like this site, sharp style! is it a template?

Mellissa Richberg December 14, 2010, 12:38 PM

Nowadays it’s so eazy to conceptualise anything but it is so hard to acquire something like yours.

Article Directory January 3, 2011, 12:57 PM

You made a number of fine points there. I did a search on the matter and found most folks will agree with your blog.

Ten Tees January 9, 2011, 10:14 AM

Great information. Good to read. I have a opinion to submit about funny shirts.

Markus Gushard January 24, 2011, 3:33 PM

Gene Kiester January 25, 2011, 9:59 PM

Some really superb posts on this internet site,thanks for contribution.

Kyung Zaragoza February 1, 2011, 3:51 PM

I’m still learning from you, but I’m improving myself. I definitely love reading all that is posted on your website.Keep the information coming. I liked it

Taunya Mulhall February 20, 2011, 8:38 PM

Well I definitely liked reading it. This information provided by you is very useful for correct planning.

japan dating chatroom February 25, 2011, 3:58 PM

How did you make your site look this good. Email me if you can and share your wisdom. I’d appreciate it.

Natuerliche Potenzmittel February 26, 2011, 9:46 AM

It has been interesting but how do I bookmark this kind of?

szkoła policealna za darmo February 26, 2011, 11:42 AM

Top-notch share indeed. I have been seeking for this content.

buty February 26, 2011, 3:45 PM

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

Angella Ingwell February 28, 2011, 12:32 AM

I love this article very much. I’ll definitely be back. Hope that I will be able to examine much more helpful posts then. Is going to be sharing your knowledge with all of my associates!

restore hearing February 28, 2011, 11:28 PM

Hello.This article was really fascinating, particularly since I was searching for thoughts on this topic last couple of days.

Whitestrips von blend-a-med March 1, 2011, 12:13 AM

I’m new to your website and just invested about One hour and 30 minutes reading.

best razor for men March 1, 2011, 12:43 PM

I certainly didn’t understand that. Learnt a thing new today! Thanks for that.