How to stay safe this holiday season.
Brzenzinski said she gave the mugger $6 in cash, but he had asked for $20.
So how CAN we keep safe this holiday season? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Shop during daylight hours when possible and try to go with another adult.
- Avoid wearing expensive-looking clothes and jewelry.
- Keep your bags and purses on your person at all times. Do not set your wallet down in a grocery cart or your shopping bag down on the floor when trying on shoes.
- Avoid carrying a lot of cash. Keep money in your front pocket to avoid pickpockets.
- If you purchase a lot, try to keep it all in one bag so you can minimize what you need to keep track of.
- Use purses with long straps so you can wear it across your chest instead of over your shoulder.