Ashlee Simpson Already Out on the Town

Their baby isn't even three weeks old, yet Ashlee Simpson and husband Pete Wentz were out on the town two nights in a row. Is this inappropriate or are you just jealous?

Simpson attended Pete's Fall Out Boy show on Monday night and then went out again on Tuesday to Gym Class Heroes' Travis McCoy's art show, leaving new baby Bronx Mowgli behind. Source.

We know Simpson has her family nearby and can afford the best child care. So, how soon is too soon to leave your new baby at home? When did you have your first night out sans baby?

Ashlee Simpson

see more photossee more photos
Celebrity Baby Names: Love It or Not? Celeb Post Baby Bodies

next: The Scoop on Obama's Inauguration
chris December 11, 2008, 9:29 AM

No, I don’t think it’s too soon and No, I am not jealous.

Anonymous December 11, 2008, 9:34 AM

It’s too soon…let your body heal: spend some time with your new baby: I wouldnt leave me ‘brand new baby’ with a stranger even if i could afford it. Its about bonding !!

Tanya December 11, 2008, 10:06 AM

For myself, three weeks would be too soon. But everyone is different. We didn’t leave our son until he was over two months old. It was only for about an hour and a half and we only went about ten minutes away. My in-law’s insisted on watching him so that me and my husband could get out and have some time together. It was so hard to do, but it was a good thing to do when it was finally time. We missed him like crazy and talked about him the whole time. To top it off, there was a little baby about our son’s age at the next table.

Our son is almost 14 months old now, and we’ve only ever left him with a relative about 5 or 6 times. I hate leaving him but he doesn’t seem to mind too much when we do.

Natalie December 11, 2008, 10:28 AM

To each their own. She has the best childcare money can buy, and she was out at night when the baby was probably asleep. My husband and I didn’t go out until our daughter was about 3 months old, and she slept the whole time we were gone. Our son was very attached to me as a newborn, so we didn’t leave him with anyone until he was almost 1.

geen December 11, 2008, 12:22 PM

Indeed to each their own, if I didn’t have a c-section then I would have gone out, but recovery took forever. Moms, even new ones need a break and time for themselves.

Jessica December 11, 2008, 2:23 PM

If she was out, it was not too soon for her. Meaning, it’s not up to me if its too soon for her to go out.

Sigh.

Trudene Otto December 21, 2008, 9:42 AM

How can you do that!
you can’t leave you’re new baby by a stranger and go out!A baby want to be with it’s parents all the time.You can’t trust a stranger with any child these days.I just don’t hope something will happen to the poor baby.Ashlee and Pete are unresponsible parents!
The baby didn’t ask to be here today so Ashlee and Pete please take better care of your new born.