Virgin Mary Bares All for Playboy

Is the cover of a Mexican edition of Playboy a sin?

playboy-virgin-large.jpg

Holy Mother of Jesus. No, this is not blasphemy. It's actually who some are saying is the cover model of the new Mexican Playboy magazine.

The magazine, which hit newsstands on December 1, features model Maria Florencia Onori nude and wearing a cloth strategically covering her breast. The image has managed to offend Mexicans who just celebrated the Virgin of Guadalupe holiday December 12.

"The image is not and never was intended to portray the Virgin of Guadalupe or any other religious figure," Raul Sayrols, publisher of Playboy Mexico, said in a prepared statement. "The intent was to reflect a Renaissance-like mood on the cover."

Playboy Enterprises Inc., based in Chicago, released a statement a statement apologizing for the image. "While Playboy Mexico never meant for the cover or images to offend anyone, we recognize that it has created offense."

What do you think? Comment in the momlogic community.

see more photos see more photos
Playboy Mom and Her Kids Playmate Moms

next: Plan a Holiday Party for Pennies
jimmy December 15, 2008, 5:30 PM

who cares if created offense. I’m sure mary got freaky with joesph a time or two.

emma December 15, 2008, 5:43 PM

Ave Maria Purisima, si easo hace que los hombres se acerquen mas a Dios pues no hay nada mas hermoso que lo que se ve con pureza y sin pecado concevido.

Robert December 15, 2008, 5:46 PM

In the united States there are alot of virgin marys or at least the mexican-hispanics can’t recall who the father was so they can collect free money.

John December 15, 2008, 6:09 PM

Reminds me of the parable, when Jesus saw a crowd about to stone a prostitute. “Let the one without sin cast the first stone”. An older woman stepped forward and let fly with a rock, stiking the prostitute in the face. Jesus nodded his head and said “Nice shot, Mom”.

Vanessa December 15, 2008, 6:59 PM

Big surprise, the way things are going in America and our surroundings, this doesn’t surprise me at all. Pigs.

AS December 15, 2008, 7:42 PM

I agree with Vanessa, this is Disgusting, if they wanted a “Renaissance-like mood” maybe it would have been better to have a woman dressed like someone from that era, not a Saint portrayed in a sexually suggestive manner.

Anonymous December 15, 2008, 8:16 PM

Hmmmm, let’s see. Either we time the publishing of a model named Maria with a world-wide holiday in a hugely Catholic culture, selling copious magazines based on the free publicity that comes with the reaction …or we’re celebrating the Renaissance because of the cerebral nature of our readership. I guess it depends on which head you’re thinking with.

d December 15, 2008, 8:22 PM

robert sounds like your racist what a shame

Grampyb December 15, 2008, 9:30 PM

Sounds to me that all you the small minded people need to take a better look at the image of the virgin mary the cover does not look like her at all. Find something to do with all that free time you have on your hands like giving our new pres. some help.

peter December 15, 2008, 10:32 PM

This is ridiculous. I am not catholic and I am ofended by it. There are some things that we cannot play with. It is disrepectuful. That’s my opinion which I am entiled to it.

MS December 15, 2008, 10:52 PM

I am truly shocked. And not that much shocks me. I can’t seem to get over how truly immoral we are getting as nation. Is nothing sacred anymore? I personally think God should be back in schools ect. Not to push religion, but those that don’t believe, aren’t asked to worship God just because he is mentioned in the pledge or on a courthouse. This nation was built with God intertwined and we keep allowing Him to get pushed out of things. Then we step back and say “Wow, what is happening in our society?” Ummm, duhhh?

ME December 16, 2008, 1:30 AM

Is it me, or does that stained glass look like a hoo-haw??

meoryouorme December 16, 2008, 3:05 AM

It looks stupid to me
its still offending to anyone
it sucks
I even saw in uncyclopedia an image of virgin mary naked and that was so offending

Anonymous December 16, 2008, 6:07 AM

this is sad

Anonymous December 16, 2008, 6:41 AM

freedom of speech?
freedom of expression?
MY FOOT!!!
we laugh when personalities from other religions are ridiculed, and at times join in. Maybe its time we realised that what goes around comes around..(not necessarily from those religions we laughed at)

Darryl December 16, 2008, 1:15 PM

I wish people would take their heads out of their A****! If it offends…Too friggin bad! No one will remember this a week from now…just like every other stupid thing in the media!

KEITHR December 16, 2008, 1:16 PM

WHILE I AM NOT A READER OF PLAYBOY I AM NOT OFFENDED BY THE PHOTO. MARY WAS HUMAN CONSEQUENTLY, SHE WAS A SEXUAL BEING WITH SEXUAL IDENTITY AND FEELINGS. TO PORTRAY HER AS SUCH IS NORMAL. OTHERWISE, WE RUN THE RISK OF DE-HUMANIZING HER MUCH LIKE WE HAVE DONE TO HER SON.

Angel December 16, 2008, 1:22 PM

I don’t know what the problem is… I think it is a very beautiful pic. It could be worse… I think it is very tastefully done, like most of playboys work.

Lena December 16, 2008, 1:45 PM

It’s playboy, calm down everyone. yes, it wasn’t the most kuth picture they could of taken but then again, playboy is known for it’s nudity and hot girls. Not for it’s political correctness. it’s all shock value.

Andrew December 18, 2008, 11:49 AM