The Friendship Court

Ever have a fight with a friend and wish a judge could tell you who's right? Now you can tell It to the Vuv!

the friendship court

Leslie Adler, the creator of thevuvclub.com uses her skills as a seasoned attorney and as the author of a blog inspired by and based on friendship to settle your friendship disputes.

I am 37 years old and I thought I was over the high school-like spats with girlfriends ... but my friend Janet (I thought she was my best friend) got two tickets to a concert she knew I would love to see and she invited a woman we both just met two months ago. I called her and told her how I felt and she told me I need to grow up. We have not spoken in two weeks. Whaddya think?

-- Gayle from Jacksonville Florida

Gayle, we all need to grow up. When we stop growing, we die ... so let's figure out how you and Janet can grow from this experience. Is Janet a friend you want in your life for the long term? If the answer is yes, be the "bigger person" and call her again. Be real! Tell her you were jealous and you really would have enjoyed seeing that show with her and spending time with her ... 'cause face it! That is what you were feeling and women have to learn to honestly express feelings like that without embarrassment. If Janet is a true friend she will appreciate your candor and I believe it will lead to continual growth in your friendship.

xoxo, the Vuv

Tell us about a squabble or a split between you and a friend and let the Vuv Decide!!

next: Avoid the Mall with These Gifts
Mitzvah Mom December 10, 2008, 11:30 AM

I love this idea!…There are some many times I have wanted Judge Judy to appear and tell my friend I was right!!! I look forward to reading your resolutions to people’s (usually silly) arguments. Thanks!

LoviB December 10, 2008, 12:05 PM

LOVED IT!!!! Thought it was a great idea. At the time we are having these arguments it would be nice to have a “sounding board” to present it to. And who better than one of our peers. Can’t wait to read more!!
_LoviB

Mindy December 10, 2008, 2:26 PM

Love the idea! You would be the modern day Ann Landers. Can’ wait to read the problems you are going to help people with.

iluvjams@yahoo.com December 10, 2008, 3:50 PM

Got some doozies for you. Can’t wait to have my day in court

Lori December 10, 2008, 3:52 PM

Friendship court! Great idea. I am going to send my angry girlfriends your way.

Fran December 10, 2008, 3:54 PM

I’d like to hear how that conversation goes! Will you tell us what Janet said?

Susan December 10, 2008, 3:56 PM

How many women do you know that can admit to a friedn that they are jealous?

wendy December 10, 2008, 4:57 PM

Can’t wait to read about other people’s disagreements, may shed some light on my own! Great idea!

ROBERT HOROWITZ December 10, 2008, 9:13 PM

LOVE THE IDEA, BUT WONDER IF THIS IS JUST TO BE CONFINED TO WOMEN……GUYS HAVE PROBLEMS TOO….HOPE YOU INCLUDE US AS WELL

Carrie December 11, 2008, 7:08 AM

Like the idea of a virtual court. Need it coming.

stephanie December 11, 2008, 9:35 PM

I cant believe this hasn’t been done before! What a great idea. Cant wait to tell you about some of my disputes with my “so-called” friends and cant wait to see what you think.. Good luck with the new venture!

Ellen Wohl December 12, 2008, 7:18 AM

It takes a very mature person to admit to a friend that they were jealous. Not everyone can do it, but I think it’s definitely a way to clear the air and go forward with their relationship.
Your columns are great! Keep up the good work.
Ellen

Anonymous December 12, 2008, 7:23 AM

A very interesting way to help friends get thru a tough issue. Can be very entertaining

Eileen & Howard Danzig December 12, 2008, 10:56 AM

It is a very intelligent way for friends to settle disputes without breaking up friendships. Enjoyed it

helene saunders December 12, 2008, 2:56 PM

This is such a fabulous idea……….so many important friendships can be saved….kind of like a “Judge Judy”………………but……..for EVERYONE!!!!…. Would be great on TV!!!……….helene saunders

Marcia & Michael December 12, 2008, 4:25 PM

Anything that helps friends stay friends is a good idea. Too many people take their friends for granted and abuse or lose them. It’s like a discount psychiatrist. Let’s all help each other. Excellent idea. I’ll be the first one to write.

M&M

sadie December 12, 2008, 10:41 PM

This is a great idea.
Please keep it going- it makes a lot of sense to have a sounding board for friendship issues…we all have them!!
Sadie

BETSY December 13, 2008, 5:55 PM

I had a situation similar to this recently and would have welcomed an
impartial person to help us work this out. Great idea !