Video Games Will Turn Your Kid Gay

Forget about the violent acts of murder, theft, rape and misogyny. One group warns that games like Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row 2 are too homoerotic for your kid.

video_game_make_kids_gay_mo.jpg

Queerty reports the mutual fund The Timothy Group, which bases its investments on companies they deem moral, has put out their annual list of questionable video games. In their "score card" they use categories such as "Sex," "Violence," "Drugs," "Comic Mischief," and of course "Gay/Lesbian" to determine a game's morality. Huh? Here's the breakdown of the games they found questionable:

Grand Theft Auto IV:  "Homosexual Encounters: The main character can solicit dates from males on his online dating website, but will be turned down because he lists himself as a straight male."

Saints Row 2: "Homosexual Encounters: Players can customize their character in any way imaginable. You can cross dress your character, and select voices to match your homosexual or transgender created player. Characters like 'Randy the Tranny' were used in marketing the game."

Mass Effect: "Lesbian Encounters: The sexual encounter occurs even if you create a female character, which opens the door to same-sex relationships."

Bully: Scholarship Edition: "Homosexual Encounters: Gay achievements such as 'over the rainbow' can be reached on the Xbox 360 when you kiss 20 boys."

Fable II: "Homosexual Encounters: Players can have a gay/lesbian marriage and have gay/lesbian sex."

Army of Two: "Homosexual Encounters: Somewhat homoerotic undertones between the two main characters are present."

Take a look at this clip with scenes from Grand Theft Auto IV -- if you have the stomach for it. Then think to yourself: Is this what we should be worried about?

WARNING: EXPLICIT!

next: Maternity Leave Sucks
Roy Cleveland December 5, 2008, 11:28 AM

Video games are a horible way for kids to spend their free time. As parents we should all make sure to throw out our TV, give up our computers, and go back to the good ol’ fashioned ideals. If we all teach our children the Bible every day, if we make them read it constantly, and if we marruy our 12 year old daughters to creepy old men then they wont be out having premarital sex or doing other heinous things like enjoying their youth.

Wendi December 5, 2008, 11:34 AM

Ok so here is how I feel about these games. If you are allowing your child to play these games then shame on you as a parent!! I let my kids play games, but I draw the line on many of them and all that have ANY sex involved at all. These games are made for adults and that is exactly who should be playing them. You can not blame the games or game industry for how your child turns out when you clearly do not care enough to parent them and make sure that they are not seeing things they should not and not playing games that are for adults.

jsb December 5, 2008, 11:37 AM

A) Those clips had nothing to do with homosexuality.
B) You can’t turn a child or anybody else GAY, either you are or you aren’t.

How ignorant is the mutual fund “The Timothy Group”???

Elisa December 5, 2008, 11:39 AM

That’s just gross. How can they make video games out of this? what is the gaol, to be a criminal, slimeball, pervert and a killer. It’s just gross.

Anonymous December 5, 2008, 1:17 PM

I’ll respond to this filth as soon as I’m done masturbating. brb.

Anonymous December 5, 2008, 1:24 PM

I wonder how messed up the little boy that was made to dress up like a fairy is going to be?

What the heck is wrong with momlogic that it would so completely twist the minds of young children for their sick and twisted articles?

hey morons December 5, 2008, 1:27 PM

NONE OF THESE GAMES ARE FOR KIDS…it says so right on the box. Start being responsible parents instead of running to a website to solve all your problems. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go put on my tutu and frilly pirate shirt so I can go pick up my gay son from Gaytown Elementary School For Gay Kids Who Played Too Many Videogames and Turned Gay.

H.G.R. December 5, 2008, 1:31 PM

I don’t see anything here that would turn your child GAY.

“Not that there’s anything wrong with that”

Ron Jeremy December 5, 2008, 2:50 PM

This whole site is wacky. Are you so starved for worthy content that you are desperately grasping at anything that will bring shock value. I’ve played all the above games, and I’m straight as can be. What these games do, is expose teens and adults to the realities that exist in our society today. We live in a sick and twisted world where there is as much bad as good. Once people wake up and realize that, maybe they will do something about it, like invent a judicial system that actually works….and stop stuff like this, then we wouldn’t have games like this, because simulating reality would provide a better environment.

Heidi Rex December 5, 2008, 5:21 PM

Video games don’t make people gay. Overprotective parents do. That and genetics…

L. Ron Hubbard December 5, 2008, 9:57 PM

——————————————————-
Originally Posted by Heidi Rex:

Video games don’t make people gay. Overprotective parents do. That and Jesus…
——————————————————-

fixed.

Anonymous March 7, 2009, 12:29 AM

There’s NOTHING in the world that can turn your kid gay. These games aren’t even for kids!

They’re ALL rated M for MATURE. as in 18+.

So these games shouldn’t be in the hands of kids anyways.

Anonymous November 8, 2009, 12:14 AM

Really?…REALLY??..
Video games making kids gay??
What will some of these parents come up with next? something moraly wrong with eggs because they come out of a chicken’s…Ya know? thats beyond untrue. thay right winged bibble thunpers twist everything to make it theyr way. everying is wrong and theyr allright..BULL!! its stuff like this that on the news and that christian moms and dads are spewing to theyr kids..and it makes me sick. if all those people feel that way then dont by the kid the gaem, because they do need parents permistion to get it so it mainly theyr fault.

DAD February 22, 2011, 6:45 AM

your gay

Anonymous February 24, 2011, 5:49 AM

im gay call me

timothy February 24, 2011, 5:53 AM

im gay, call me

Fredric Renneker March 7, 2011, 2:59 AM

Video games is still the king of children’s pastime.

Anonymous March 23, 2011, 4:37 AM

Really people? Really? Video games make you gay now? I thought they made me fat? Or was it stupid? Or perhaps it was a homicidal maniac?

You know that sooner or later you’re going to run out of things to blame on video games. And besides the point, it’s society and Christianity that makes being gay seen as a bad thing. I mean really, these games are all about CHOICE. These homosexual things WILL NOT happen if you don’t choose for them to happen. Or better yet, stop buying your underage kids M RATED GAMES (the ratings are there for a reason.) If you honestly don’t have any idea just what your child is playing after you BOUGHT IT for said child, then I am truly sorry but you have failed as a parent.