Since her birth 50 years ago, Barbie has gotten more than 50,000 makeovers. No wonder she still looks like she's 15!
Not that we loved her anatomy much (what was she, 40-10-5 or something?) but Barbie is turning the big 5-0 in March. To celebrate, the folks at Allure magazine have a few fun facts on the world's favorite doll.
1. She was born in 1959.
2. In 1982 she had a Jackie Kennedy bouffant (check out the pic in our photo gallery).
3. Barbie has 25 designers tending to her hair and makeup plus a team of people spotting trends all over the world, from Japan to Paris.
4. Barbie's makeup routine includes: foundation, blush, lip gloss or lipstick, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil and eyeshadow.
5. The best selling Barbie was "Totally Hair Barbie" in 1962 (see photo gallery) Her hair was 10.5" long, while her body was only 11.5".
6. Barbie has seven colors of blonde in her hair.
7. Her hair takes several hours to do, and includes 20 minutes of blowdrying and an application of top secret hair gel.
8. For her birthday, she is celebrating all over the world and has invited 50 designers to her pink carpet birthday event.
9. For 2009, We think Barbie's treated herself to a little Botox and a possible eye lift. What do you think??