Bristol Palin: Teen Pregnancy 'Not Ideal'

bristolpalin270.jpg

Teen mom and daughter of Sarah Palin is speaking out for the first time since giving birth to baby Tripp on December 28th.

Bristol said, "Teenagers need to prevent pregnancy to begin with -- this isn't ideal. But I'm fortunate to have a supportive family which is dealing with this together. Tripp is so perfectly precious; we love him with all our hearts. I can't imagine life without him now."

Bristol and new dad Levi plan to get married this summer. Levi is working on his GED and wants to be an electrician, while Bristol is preparing to go back to school to finish her final high school semester.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Teen Calls Police on Herself
jess January 3, 2009, 6:52 PM

i think you have to be a big and strong person to take on being a mom at a teen yr i know from me being a mom at the age of 16 and now i am 20 its super hard but has been great since my family is behind me 100% and i love them alot if it wasnt for them i dont no what i would do i am a single mom though but i have gotten thur it all so far with out any help from the father so for teen moms i dont think you should get preg.. at such a young age but do what you can do to prevent it even tho it it hard at sometimes

Joe's Mom January 3, 2009, 6:53 PM

This story has stayed with me since the first bloggers erroneously reported that Bristol had given birth to her baby when mom Sarah first gained notoreity on the Presidential campaign trail. Sarah had just given birth herself 4 months prior to a baby with Down’s Syndrome. To me, Sarah exhibited maturity in accepting her daughter’s pregnancy and standing by her, knowing instinctively that Bristol would need much support. I come from a large family of all girls, and many of us gave birth prior to marriage to healthy babies. Those children are now healthy, well supported, well loved youngsters and teens. if they had parents like these lying, judgemental bloggers, we’d have yet one more generation of kids misunderstood, running away from home and being on welfare, drugs or alcohol dependent. I give much credit to Sarah for standing by Bristol in the face of nationwide ridicule and cristicism, and know firsthand that love and support of family conquers all obstacles.

Audree's Mom January 3, 2009, 7:14 PM

I commend Sara Palin for standing by her daughter. Although, we all try to teach our daughters to abstain from sex at least until marriage we all know that it is very hard. I know first hand myself. I have a daughter who had her baby at 14, and yes I was very disappointed and shocked because we are talking about a girl that always had her head stuck in a book, got straight A’s, and very quiet but what are we to do when this happens as a mother and parent you cannot just throw your daughter out. She has learned the hard way about raising a child and through the roughest of times we were all able to get through it and now she is in her last year of college, still taking care of my grandson and is getting ready to join the Air Force. So I have to say that although I was disappointed I am also very proud of her. Mother’s of young pregnant teenage daughter’s please support them because after all she is your child. Hat’s off to Sarah Palin and daughter Bristol and baby Tripp.

Anthony January 3, 2009, 7:51 PM

This was the responsible thing for Bristol Palin to do. I imagine that having a media spotlight on you during a teen pregnancy wouldn’t be the most comfortable situation. I wish the best for her.

Shelly January 3, 2009, 9:26 PM

This is the most irresponsible thing on the part of Bristol and Levi - didn’t their parents, especially Sarah Palin talk to to her daughter about protected sex??? Bristol is lucky she has a Governor for a mom and she can financially support Bristol - what if the parents can’t support financially - it is very unfair for the innocent child that you will bring into this world.

Judy January 3, 2009, 9:29 PM

Congratulations to the Palin family. Every child deserves a welcome, and every parent must face the chalenge. This family has both welcomed the child and accepted more than the usual set of challenges.

elliotto January 3, 2009, 9:41 PM

no medals for irresponsibility just hope child can overcome the media frenzy created mommy fell down on job just imagine her in the white house

allie February 13, 2009, 7:50 PM

This baby is a gift from God,most welcomed and loved by this family.

I give a lot of praise and honor to
them. Better a loved Mom and Baby than
to have a abortion.

This child will be a blessing to them.

Anonymous February 16, 2009, 9:06 PM

Great character in you Bristol. Best of luck.

chrissi February 20, 2009, 12:37 AM

good luck bristol!!! i give you all my support!