Brunettes Are Richer Than Blondes

A new study says dark-haired women make more dough than their lighter-haired friends.

A woman holding a fan of dollar notes

Sure, they say blondes have more fun and are more likely to ask for a raise, but turns out brunettes come out on top in the office - and in relationships, according to the results of a new survey conducted by the cosmetics company, Garnier.

Brunettes are twice as likely to earn $65,000 to $80,000 compared to their flaxen-haired friends. What's more, 75 percent of people think brunettes are smarter than blondes.

According to experts, dark hair is associated with confidence and knowledge. And from an evolutionary P.O.V., this makes sense. Everyone's hair --blonde or brunette -- darkens over time and with age comes wisdom and a boost of confidence.

Not convinced? 71 percent of guys think brunettes make better wives and say they feel more successful with a dark-haired beauty by their side.

Tell us -- do you know more successful blondes or brunettes?

next: Mom Wanting Divorce Vanishes
Maria January 18, 2009, 10:34 AM

This is great news for me since I’m a brunette. This is a cute little fact.
Thanks.

Roxy Cross January 19, 2009, 12:34 AM

Yipes! What about sassy redheads? Help!

rachel January 20, 2009, 12:48 PM

What about the bottle blondes?

laumae January 23, 2009, 12:24 AM

I believe it. People take me more seriously when I’m brunette. I also say I get more attention as a blonde, but not the good kind!

Anonymous March 28, 2009, 9:09 PM

Thats because blondes spend all their money on covering up those roots every two weeks and keeping up the image of having more fun: D

psychman March 17, 2010, 1:25 PM

If I were to post a similar statistic about whites making more money than blacks one would naturally assume that it was because of society’s prejudices against them resulting in blacks not being selected for higher paying jobs and because telling a young individual with a particular characteristic that they are less intelligent will often become a self-fulfilling prophecy, resulting in less application at academics and investing in other avenues of self-validation.
If we saw overt and/or subtle societal prejudices against blondes, IE. people saying that blondes were less intelligent and had other negative attributes, then we could apply the same analysis to them.
But, wait, we do see that.