Evidence Mounts Against Casey Anthony

Here are the latest developments in the case.

Casey Anthony

Sources close to the Casey Anthony case told CNN's Orlando affiliate, Local 6 News, that they have overwhelming evidence showing that she intentionally killed her daughter, Caylee, and was solely responsible for the toddler's death.

According to the sources, investigators have reportedly been able to establish a timeframe of death for Caylee that dates back to June based on reports from the botanist and entomologist that visited the site where Caylee was found.

Sources say plants were growing through Caylee's skeleton and bug evidence was also recovered that helped the experts reach their conclusion. Investigators reportedly believe that Anthony killed Caylee on June 16th, left her in the trunk of her car for a couple of days and then dumped Caylee in the wooded area on June 18th, where she was eventually found, on December 11th.

The reason that this new evidence is significant is because it proves that Caylee was killed some time in June, way before her mother reported her missing on July 15th of last year.

Sources say test results conducted in the trunk of Anthony's car show Caylee spent at least 2 days in the car before her body was dumped just yards from her own home. The Orlando station also reports that a hair found in the trunk of Anthony's car matches hair taken from Caylee's remains.

Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's death. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in mid-July, a month after she had last been seen.

Anthony insists that she left her daughter with a babysitter in June, but she didn't report her missing until July. The babysitter who Casey alleges has her daughter has never been found. Last month, human remains found in a wooded area near Caylee's grandparents' home were identified as missing Caylee.

Today, new footage was released of Anthony private investigator Dominic Casey ransacking through that wooded area back in November, a full month before the body was discovered there. The footage shows Dominic Casey searching and ramming a metal rod into the ground at the crime scene mere feet away from where Caylee's remains were later found. At one point, he even says "It would be right here" into the cell phone he is talking on.

What do you think of this new evidence?
See Also:

next: Bid for Virginity Reaches $3.7 Million
Rob in Ca January 12, 2009, 3:28 PM

Remember the concrete pavers that were laid in the Anthony’s back yard around the time Caylee disappeared? For a long time there was talk that concrete had been poured, but finally we were told that it was just pavers, and that detectives and cadaver dogs had searched the yard and were satisfied the body was not there.
Question: are the 3 ‘concrete stones’ that Dominic Casey found, actually pavers taken from the Anthony’s home? Perhaps leftover from the backyard project? Perhaps used to cover the bag to discourage animals from disturbing it?

leola January 12, 2009, 3:45 PM

yeah im sure the concrete stones were like a landmark to let casey know she dumped the body near them. i think lee or george is the father of caylee and casey didn’t want to deal with it anymore. i feel bad for everyone in this case.

Robert Scott January 12, 2009, 3:46 PM

If ever there was a death penalty case, this is it. A spoiled, self-centered, headonistic young mother kills her child because she is getting in the way of her social activities. Reminds you of the Susan Smith case in South Carolina. Hopefully, the overwhelming evidence (both physical and circumstancial) will lead to a conviction of this sociopath.

Maryann January 12, 2009, 3:50 PM

I’ll tell you something, this whole thing STINKS…everyone is a liar, it’s a damn circus…I think Caseys brother is the father of Caylee and they are trying to protect the family. When Casey was engaged to her now ex fiance she told him that her brother tried to have sex with her a few times. Why havent they given him a paternity test, what are they AFRAID of???????

Kerri in Kirkland January 12, 2009, 3:59 PM

Were the concrete stones or pavers there when the body was recovered?

Anonymous January 12, 2009, 3:59 PM

I can NOT wait for the trial, she’s goin down…..Shes a cold blooded killer, I dont know why the heck they are trying to protect her. She and her attorney Baez have something going, have you heard that now? Watch the way they’ve been looking at each other and smiling. She’s got nothing to lose, shes DONE. No expression on her face not ONE tear for her baby at the hearing. Karma is a wonderful thing, can we say GENERAL POPULATION??????? woo hoo!!

Patricia January 12, 2009, 4:05 PM

For 30 days her parents never asked about Caylee? Cmon they knew what happened, All of them talking in codes in the jail…which is why they havent gone to see their daughter because they said they have no privacy and they want IMMUNITY?????? I say TUFF, NO WAY, tell us all what you know…They are one worse than the other.

Andrea January 12, 2009, 4:06 PM

I SMELL THE DEATH PENALTY HERE

Gina January 12, 2009, 4:11 PM

The Anthonys private investigator was at the same site before Caylee was found, HMMM Geeeeee Im wondering who told him that thats where he’d find Caylee or thats where they would put her….They’re all MORONS, they should all go to jail

Anonymous January 12, 2009, 4:19 PM

Unbelievable.

She needs to be strung up on the same tree she put that poor baby under.

I would love five minutes alone with her in a cell.

Lin in MA January 12, 2009, 4:21 PM

I truly believe this is a no return trip for Casey, she has reached her end, finally!There is absolutely no way she will not be convicted. For all LE has let out to the public I honestly think they have more bombshell evidence. She’s so screwed, and frankly I cannot wait. Throw her into the prison population and let them have a field day with her. Justice for Caylee, FINALLY!!!!!!!

Kay January 12, 2009, 4:21 PM

Too bad the grandparents don’t go ahead and try to do a paternity test against themselves to see who might be Caylee’s father. So sad. Rest in peace lil one.

marie January 12, 2009, 4:25 PM

Casey NEVER reported Caylee missing!!! Please remember that it was her grand mother Cindy that called the police, against Casey’s wishes. She wanted to continue to do her own “investigataion”…

Dee January 12, 2009, 4:34 PM

This whole case stinks to high heaven. Everyone involved in this case is hiding something. They should all be locked up.I have not seen any tears from any one of them unless it was for them because of all the frustration from the publicity. When people started seeing that they were hiding info. you might have seen a tear. What a shame. I hope they do not give them immunity, they need to tell all they know. That would be true justice for Caylee. Did they not care about this baby at all? Do they think trying to save there daughter after all of this is justice for their granddaughter? The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

Candice January 12, 2009, 4:37 PM

I would have to agree with you all! My question is people on Nancy Grace are saying that it might “hurt” the prosecution because some people out there wouldn’t or couldnt believe a beautiful young mother would do such. And obviously SOMEONE is just sending money for her to use in her jail cell. They said all they would need is one vote for her and not against her and that would hurt the prosecution.

Lets just hope that EVERYONE in the jury believes she is guilty and sentences her to death… but if she isn’t sentenced to death a life in Jail may just be a little more painful. I don’t know!

But I know this evidence I would think only helps the prosecution, but why would people be sending her money because they feel sorry for her??? If you are one of those people out there… give that damn money to charity, not some mother who killed her innocent sweet baby. It’s just as if you are saying “oh honey, it’s ok!!” and everyone damn well knows it’s not!

I too would love to have 5 minutes with her in a cell anonymous!!!

Granny January 12, 2009, 4:44 PM

Everyone involved in this case is turning into a bunch of stinking rotten freaks! That investigator who is seen poking around with a steel rod just feet from where they found Caylee’s body needs to be put on trial with the lot of them! The grandparents look like idiots every time they are broadcast listening to Casey ramble on. I can’t wait until this is over.. That entire family could use a few .22 cent therapy bullets right between the eyes.

Anonymous January 12, 2009, 4:46 PM

I agree Candice…I also think her attorney Baez is giving his money to her jail fund..after all have you seen them together? He’s just as bad…

Sally January 12, 2009, 4:58 PM

Candice, the death penalty has been taken off the table. If Casey is convicted of first degree murder, hopefully she will get life without the possibility of parole. I believe people who are sending her money in jail are other felons who know what it is like to be in jail. They don’t believe she is innocent. They just feel sorry for anyone who is in jail because they know what it’s like. Many convicted murderers have groupies who befriend them and even marry them. The prosecution will screen out any jurors who cannot believe a mother would kill her child. Now that Caylee’s body has been found with duct tape on her mouth near the Anthony home, all the reasonable doubt that Caylee is dead and that Casey did it is gone. The fact that the Anthony PI was looking for the body while talking to an inside source a month before the body was discovered is further proof that Casey did it and gave clues through code to her brother. The defense experts will make a lot of noise but I believe 12 jurors will look at the mountain of evidence and very quickly come up with a guilty verdict.

Chickie2465 January 12, 2009, 4:58 PM

Does anyone else think this is strange??????

I was just reading the transcript of Lee Anthony’s first police interview, and something struck me as odd. When he was describing the smell coming from Casey’s car in the garage he says, “The windows were rolled down to what I assume ventilate the horrible smell that I had just, just uh, smelled for the first time.”

I wonder why he would feel the need to say that he had just smelled the smell for the first time. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to describe how horrible the smell was, and not mention that he was smelling it for the first time?

Cari Catron January 12, 2009, 5:01 PM

I cannot believe that any Mother would think of doing such a thing, as well as following through with it. The whole time she has been leading everyone on a wild Goose chase for no reason. Wouldnt you help find your daughter, knew she was guilty right in June. Who doesnt know where their child is? I mean really. She acted like the kid could take a taxi home. I think the investigators should have tortured the woman. I have a gorgeous grown daughter and this lady needs to pay for what she has done (death penalty). Also my Parents were killed when I was a Baby, raised by my beloved Grandmother, I was one of the lucky ones. Not put in Foster care or whatever. I value life since I have had a lot of death in my life, all tragic none intentional. So I cannot imagine killing a child, this whole thing was totally pre-meditated, and there is no reason for it. So let me be in the room with this C Anthony lady just for 15 minutes, I will knock some sense into her, That is what she really needs.