Christian School Allowed to Expel Lesbian Students

lesexpel270.jpg

A California court determined it legal for a Christian high school to expel two girls because of an alleged lesbian relationship.

The 4th District Court of Appeal ruled that the private, religious organization had the right to exclude students based on their sexual orientation.

The girls sued California Lutheran for discrimination after they were expelled in 2005. The initial ruling was that the school was not held by the same anti-discrimination laws as typical business establishments.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: It's Official: Cheerleading is a Contact Sport
ame i. January 28, 2009, 3:00 PM

My town has several private schools, many of which are Christian schools. They will not only expel gay and lesbian students, they will expel pregnant girls. If this happened to one of my daughters,I think I would risk a paternity test. If the girl is expelled, so should the boy who fathered the baby if he goes to the same school.

R January 28, 2009, 5:12 PM

If you join a team, you play by its rules. If you break the rules you pay the consequences. If you go to a school that has certain guidelines then you should follow them or risk the consequences.

ame i, I totally agree that the male should pay the price as well.

Kat January 28, 2009, 9:45 PM

Another good reason not to send your kids to christian schools.

Ashtyn January 28, 2009, 11:54 PM

Kids don’t ask to be sent to Christian Schools nor do they ask to be gay. The fact that you act like it’s a choice for these kids to not be gay R is kind of a moot point. Besides, this was an alleged relationship according to the article. Who says it even happened?

Anonymous January 30, 2009, 12:42 PM

I agree, it you sign up for that school, you have to respect their beliefs. Today, it is very scary to be a religious person whose beliefs don’t happen to go along with the rest of the popular “group think”. These days you’re a bigot if you don’t agree with the gay lifestyle.

huntedhunter March 6, 2009, 3:20 PM

Ok first thing’s first. A school can expel their students when their students failed to go by school rules. A religious school would not need to list down what their religious rules are because their religion explains it all, plus I’m sure their teachers teach about them time after time. Though I personally don’t think expulsion is a solution, but I believe the school expelled them so the 2 girls’ relationship will not affect the rest of the students. In a way it also protects the girls because the girls would suffer a lot of harassments from their relationship. The expulsion may not be a punishment, it only says, “They are not suited for this school.” Lastly @Ashtyn: Whether the incident happened or not, this article did not mention a thing about how the school dealt with the incident, though from what I know is, if the author cannot be sure how it happened he/she would use the word “alleged”. If it means “no-the-incident-did-not-happen” I think there’s no meaning to continuing this discussion is there?

Ztbhetvu June 22, 2009, 11:03 PM

8i61ax comment2 ,

Anonymous August 5, 2009, 7:25 PM

Girls should be able to enjoy each other romanticly and sexually without being criticised and suppressed.

tabletki na pryszcze April 3, 2011, 7:19 AM

It is good too read your site again buddy, i see some interesting updates here…