Confessions of a 23-year-old Virgin

Guest Blogger Rose: I may be a virgin, but I'm no saint. I would've slept with a guy years ago if I thought he was worthy of popping my cherry. While my forbidden fruit has long been ripe, it's only ready for the taking when I meet the right person. I'm an intelligent and educated young professional who wants my first time to be with a man that I love and respect ... or so I thought. Why should I wait for my fantasy f*** when I could be making millions auctioning off my virginity?

young woman in lingerie

That's how Natalie Dylan, a 22-year-old Sacramento State University graduate, is paying for her Master's degree. She's been offered up to $3.8 million to hit the sack. And I have to admit, I think I'd consider mixing business with pleasure if millions were on the line. While the auction is being held at Nevada's Moonlite Bunny Ranch, Natalie is no prostitute. She's a smart woman who's investing in her future by having a one-night stand.

I don't see a problem with capitalizing on my virginity if it'll help me get out of debt. I attended a prestigious university because I wanted a designer degree -- and now I'm paying for it big time. No matter how hard I work, I'm still not making enough to pay off my student loans. I can't even afford to move out of my parents' house. So don't judge me for wanting to sell myself for a chance at financial freedom!

Money matters aside, I think losing my virginity will definitely up my dating game. I always struggle with how and when to tell someone I've never gotten laid. Common sense says it's not a topic of conversation for a first, second or third date. But even when it's time to tell a guy, I still worry about his reaction. I once had someone ask me how long he'd have to wait before we had sex and we'd only been dating for a month. Are you starting to see why sleeping with a stranger who embraces my virginity is very tempting?

It's so tempting that I asked my mom what she'd do if I left my virginity up to the highest bidder. Her response? She laughed at me. I should've known she wouldn't take my sexual proposition seriously. In truth, I couldn't actually go through with it. I'm way too much of a hopeless romantic to give away my virginity to anyone other than Prince Charming. I just hope Prince Charming is a millionaire!

Is it so wrong to consider getting paid to get laid?

next: Think This Food is Healthy? Think Again!!
Celibate Mom January 15, 2009, 10:20 AM

I know, what was I thinking?!?! I saved myself for marriage and I didn’t get a DIME off of that man!
All I got was a life time commitment. These 9 years of marriage=lame!
I could have made millions.
If I have a daughter, I will definitely advise her.

Melissa January 15, 2009, 10:53 AM

I waited until I was 20 to lose my virginity to a young man I believed I was in love with and thought he loved me. He dumped me a week later. 3.5million would have been much better than the broken heart I ended up with. Still, not sure I could ever have gone through with something like this.

Very interesting and thought provoking. Has our society become open enough to accept something like this openly. Mind you it has been done in many cultures for years, and not always with a willing virgin!

Kelly January 15, 2009, 11:27 AM

I waited till I was 23 and my first was the man I married 2 years later, I waited to know that the one I gave myself to was the one who would love me and be connected to me the way I woudl always be connected to him. I’m glad I waited. It’s hard and trust me I was no saint either but I think when you do and you take that step with theperson who you waited for it is very special.

Susie January 15, 2009, 3:28 PM

What’s the rush? Stay a virgin until you’re sure you’re ready to cross the line. It’s something you’ll remember for the rest of your life. You’ll remember the time, the place, the person. You want it to be special. We all love money, we all want money, but really what we NEED is love.

breebrows January 15, 2009, 11:22 PM

“I once had someone ask me how long he’d have to wait before we had sex and we’d only been dating for a month.”

and this was a shock?

i can’t wait for some ugly guy to try and jump on the bandwagon here. (oh i so know the next comment will suggest me.)

Wendi January 16, 2009, 6:58 PM

I think this is so wrong and I would NEVER advise my daughter to do it. What happened to morals??? How sad that many people find this acceptable.

MemphisVirgin November 10, 2009, 1:32 PM

I’m a 23 year old virgin & right about now the millions sound great but I prefer my first be with someone that I care about & feels the same way about me.

Anal Ana November 25, 2009, 9:40 AM

Does anal virginity counts ?

Suedallina April 6, 2011, 12:55 AM

I don’t believe that she’s a virgin, literaly only…
Travel guide - rent villas online