Elementary School Teacher Rapes Student

The 29-year-old was arrested last night for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy.

christine mccallum

A married teacher in Boston was so "obsessed" with a teen boy she had sex with him on his kitchen floor, in the shower and in the living room and it all began when he was 13 years old, prosecutors said today.

The alleged victim, now 16, said they had sex a total of 300 times - "possibly every other day," according to a police report obtained by the Boston Herald.

Christine A. McCallum, 29, of Rockland faced three charges of statutory rape in Brockton District Court earlier today. Prosecutors say she had sex with the alleged victim when he was 13, 14 and 15.

The elementary school teacher was held on $10,000 bond, $1,000 cash, after her appearance in Brockton. She pleaded not guilty today at another arraignment on more related charges in Hingham District Court.

"The defendant is obsessed with this young child," said Assistant District Attorney Michael Scott.

McCallum has been placed on administrative leave from her job as a fifth-grade teacher. McCallum was seen with her husband in court today.

Her lawyer, Frederick McDermott, said McCallum befriended the teen boy and his younger brother and was acting as a "surrogate mother." The boys, the lawyer said, are being raised by a single dad.

Authorities say McCallum tutored the alleged victim's brother and that is how she was introduced to the older boy. Scott alleges McCallum also plied the victim with alcohol, a charge she denies.

Police arrested the elementary school teacher last night at her home charging her with having sex with the boy multiple times during a 19-month period.

The charges McCallum faced in Hingham District Court alleged sex acts that occurred in Rockland. Scott said the boy told police that he had sex for the first time on Feb. 7, 2006, on a couch at McCallum's home in Rockland.

Police report seizing a green throw rug from the living room of McCallum's home as part of the investigation into the alleged sexual assaults, according to a search warrant affidavit.

Scott said investigators have discovered 10 hand-written letters that McCallum allegedly sent to the boy over the course of their relationship.

In those letters, Scott said that McCallum professed her love for the boy and wrote of her jealousy of his female classmates. While she never wrote of any sexual relationship, it was implied, Scott said.

Investigators also discovered messages McCallum, who used the moniker "stine," sent to the boy through their MySpace [website] pages, Scott said.

"It's hard to be with you and set boundaries," she allegedly wrote. "It's hard to kiss you and tell you no."

McCallum and her husband of five years, Scott McCallum, held hands before the arraignment, and declined to comment as they left court.

Check out more predator teachers here.

next: Hungry Girl's Top "Ate" for 2009!
ame i. January 9, 2009, 8:02 PM

There is a deep underlying problem with a woman who has sex with a teen-age boy, regardless of the fact that she is a teacher and he is her student.
Let us take a moment to remember having sex with a teen boy. It lasted,what, 2 minute tops? Yes, he was up and ready 20 minutes later, but, damn, so not worth it. If I want to re-visit my youth,having a sex session where I can count the strokes before I hit 20 is not the route I will take.

Anonymous January 9, 2009, 11:58 PM

wish that was me

J January 10, 2009, 10:43 AM

To ame i.,

Are you sure it’s 2 minutes sex and 20 minutes recharge. The young person may have 20 minutes sex and 2 minutes recharge.

Anyway, they both need COUNSELING!!

Hopefully the judge realize during sentencing.

J

Coletha Browning January 11, 2009, 3:09 AM

Let me tell you something. I am a teacher who deals with these round faced, not able to grow a beard yet, skinny, always spitting, never wash their hands good after going to the bathroom, pant sagging (wow I just threw up a little). WHY!!…who cares about 2 minutes, 20 minutes….those AREN’T men…those is kids…Totally inexperienced unprepared…and for the poster that said they wish that was them…yeah you have deep seating problems and no future if you touch one of my kids you sickko. But truth be told I am just a special education teacher…I don’t know what to say or how to deal with really sick deranged individuals like you..You need to get some help…FAST

anonymous January 11, 2009, 11:15 AM

I personally think this is stupid… if it was consensual what’s the big deal? if I was 13 and this was happening to me I would have totally been happy about it, but that’s just me.. And Ame I I dont know who you were sleeping with at that age but Im sorry that’s not how we roll today it’s more like 2 hours sex and 2 minute recharge

birdsfly January 11, 2009, 4:10 PM

It is possible that she didn’t actually do this. Her side of the story is that she was a mother figure but broke off that relationship when she caught the boy trying to steal alcohol from her home.

MD January 11, 2009, 4:26 PM

300 times? The first time was rape…the other 299 were willing participation.

No, I don’t condone this. But the kid could have said “no” at any time.

Anon January 11, 2009, 7:17 PM

Good for him and her! He could have said no. Every teenage boy wants to sleep with their teacher (assumeing shes not old and hideous)… it would a bit better on her part if she started this when he was 16 though. I cant imagine any 13 year old being to desireable.

Ds January 11, 2009, 8:00 PM

Personally i think all of you have problems. A 29 your old woman had sex with a 13 year old child. one of which could be your own son or little brother. It makes me sick, as the main topic here is how long the sex lasted. were talking about mental scaring here. I believe she did rape him and it stated that she has lived a disturbed life for the last 2 years. It doesnt matter when they started or about their age, its still not legal for a teacher to have sexual relations with her student. This is coming from an 18 year old. You all really need to start thinking with a bit more common sense.

Jv January 11, 2009, 9:11 PM

i just got first hair on ball.

MD January 11, 2009, 10:07 PM

Congratulations on making 18, DS. No offense, but I’m in my mid-40s and have forgotten more about sex and relationships than you will know before you hit 30. I’m not questioning the illegality or immorality of what happened. She could have been using him, yes…and as Birdsfly mentioned, he could have been stealing from her home, and placated her to keep her quiet. I’ve known quite a few early-teens (both Back In The Day and more recently) who were *NOT* “little angels.” It’s past time that the media and society in general, stop “babyfying” adolescents who clearly know right from wrong and can do something to get themselves out of an uncomfortable situation. And, make them responsible for their actions.

Anonymous January 12, 2009, 12:53 PM

whats amazing is if the child was girl and the teacher was a male the he would be declared the devil already. And there would be not talk of te first time being rape but the other 299 times as participation.

Anonymous January 13, 2009, 12:14 PM

I wish I had such a teacher, hahahah

guido from 11967 January 13, 2009, 12:49 PM

all these teachers getting caught banging their 13 year old students need to stop listening to the main stream womens movements and realize it is ok to use dildos and vibrators for personal pleasure. keep the kitty happy and it will not stray to little boys.

anonymous January 14, 2009, 8:28 AM

Its possible they had sex but how come the boy counted the times.I dont believe him on the times

Anonymous January 16, 2009, 6:14 AM

This is every boys dream, I’m NOT kidding. Boys that aged have raging hormones and fantasize about hot teachers, trust me.. I’ve been there(The fantasies not the actual sex).

Anonymous February 13, 2009, 11:46 AM

What up,Coletha? You spell like you talk. “Those is kids” LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory February 13, 2009, 6:13 PM

Quoted from: Coletha Browning

“Let me tell you something. I am a teacher who deals with these round faced…..those AREN’T men…those is kids…”

Lady, I HOPE you are kidding if you say that you are a teacher. Retards or not, your students can’t be getting a decent education if you can’t use the English language correctly.

Do us all a favor and quit your job..then a2m/gape

mahmoud  March 4, 2009, 5:58 AM

at first we must understand how it is possible a 13 year old could do it i mean he cannot satisfy his teacher anyway why the teacher continued her relations with teen and also the boy is not so powerful in this age to grasp the teacher for pleaure in intercourse. is it real intercourse

Coletha Browning May 20, 2009, 12:55 AM

I came across this posting again and was angered by responses aimed at my original post above. Yes, I typed it like I said it. Was the grammar that I used correct?… “Those is kids”…Well, no is, is singular…sometimes we lose the meaning in translation…an attempt at being human. For for the twisted soul that blasted my words and left a really colorful comment about what I should do after I quit my job…and about calling my kids retards….”Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”….at least I was brave enough to use my name. How’s the grammar now?