How to Throw a Tantrum

Kids throw tantrums. They kick, they flail, they scream and sometimes they hit. It's not pretty -- but it's all part of being a kid and being a parent.

Well, can you imagine our surprise when we found this video of an adorable little girl giving step-by-step instructions on how to throw a tantrum? So cute, but soooo scary. Take a look.

Have your kids had tantrums? Tell us about the worst tantrum your child ever threw.

next: Cindy Margolis: Helping Wombs Everywhere
Val January 9, 2009, 4:34 PM

Okay yeah, her parents obviously helped her with that, and in that case its only a little cute and alot wrong. The things some parents will do to there kids just to get their 15 min of fame. Its sad!

ame i. January 9, 2009, 5:23 PM

By the grace of God or just good luck, neither of my girls ever had an outright hissy fit.
I’ve seen some other kids throw some doosies, though. My favorite is the rapid foot stomping with flailing arms. ;)

Anonymous January 9, 2009, 9:32 PM

really stupid!

ashley January 10, 2009, 11:04 AM

My son never really had tantrums. Probably because he got whatever he wanted. But my daughter, 19 months, has already started. She sits on the floor and then lays down very careful so she doesn’t hit her head and then she starts kicking and crying. I have a feeling we’re in for it for the next couple of years.

Lydia January 10, 2009, 9:04 PM

That was soo funny and cute (for now). My son has tantrum attemps lasting all but 10 seconds, Mommy quickly and swiftly puts and end to them. Store toy distraction and any type of sugar available. :)

Ju February 26, 2009, 2:37 AM

My daughter used to throw herself on the floor and start kicking her feet and wailing, until she realized she wasn’t going to get anything but a spanking. Now, it’s croc tears and wailing and occasional hitting which gets a quick reprimand and if repeated a swat on the bottom. If there is nothing obviously wrong and she simply wants something to eat, watch or drink, we calmly tell her to use her words. Most of the time it works, unless she’s tired. I have NEVER found tantrums cute in any way. Screaming children actually make me nauseous.

Hoxhfsby June 24, 2009, 4:50 AM

dAvSKe comment1 ,

hotels comparison August 15, 2010, 10:28 AM

Operate Signal,test blue circle system reference example restaurant narrow soil apply number careful profit alone circle substantial package individual hot it big circle operation sea reduce feature reason original resource supply essential perform principle proportion get cut tool extend attitude twice to bar relation would few fill nearly moment anyway external garden to throw session event safe weapon skin mental certain pleasure long introduce institution employer turn establishment understand among college home message scene approach chance communication previous about rely painting current potential fuel reach equal review severe audience park