I Kissed a Mom and I Liked It

Guest blogger Tess Durbin: The first time I saw her was at parents' orientation night.

two woman at cafe

"Crazy that they're already in kindergarten isn't it?" I said in her direction.

"Yeah, she said," looking me right in the eyes.  I remember I liked her look, which I would describe as unadorned.  Not a lot of make-up or jewelry, no bows or appliqués either, just a simple sweater and jeans that fit.

My kind of girl.

"Wanna go for coffee?" she asked me one day a month or so later after we dropped our kids off.  Why not, I thought.  I was just going home to sort bills and laundry.  I run a business out of our house and lately it's been awfully quiet.

"Sure." I said.

"Great.  See you at The Drip in a few minutes then?"

"Love The Drip," I said, because I do.  I didn't think other mommies went there.  What with it's tattooed barristas and alternative art on the walls.  One time they had a "Labia exhibit," on the walls, in oils.  So, The Drip wasn't exactly the place to plan library fundraisers.

My kindergarten comrade was at the cashier when I walked in.

"Find a table."

That wasn't hard since the place was empty.

"I got you a soy latte, extra foam, I hope that's okay," she said walking towards me.

Funny, that's exactly how I like it.

"Perfect," I said, as she set the two drinks down.  That's when I noticed the particular blue of her eyes and how short her nails were. Not chewed, just cut very close to the tips of her fingers.  Maybe she's a sculptor.

Our coffee dates quickly became part of my Monday morning schedule.   On those mornings, I didn't wear sweatpants and I often slicked on a little lip gloss.

"What color is that?" she asked me, in the middle of a monologue about how my son only eats noodles and donuts, "On your lips?"

I had no idea. I fished the tube out of my bag and handed it to her.

"Crush," she read aloud, "How perfect," and then she leaned in for what I thought was a closer look, until she kissed me.

Just like that.

It was very simple and very sweet and, because I can't stop thinking about it, also probably very wrong.

next: Couple Sells Everything on eBay - Except Kids!
nykole January 30, 2009, 11:52 AM

This story was hot!

Lila January 30, 2009, 4:38 PM

Doesn’t seem wrong to me!

Unless, of course, you’re both otherwise spoken-for and your partners would consider that cheating.

WK January 30, 2009, 4:38 PM

Hmm. What I want to know is are you both married?

Anonymous January 30, 2009, 4:41 PM

very hot.

rugbymom January 30, 2009, 4:59 PM

Good story. I guess I’m thinking the same thing the other posters are thinking…depends on if you’re spoken for. Otherwise, cool.

Christina January 30, 2009, 6:10 PM

Very cool— unless there is someone else in the picture. (Or would they be into that? LOL)

Woodah January 30, 2009, 6:18 PM

Is this how bored housewives are nowadays? I feel sorry for the kids who will model themselves on these frivolous tramps.

Tribader January 30, 2009, 6:58 PM

To be continued? Don’t leave us hanging.

Taffster January 31, 2009, 9:45 PM

Totally Jealous…Where is this “Drip” hangout again??

Kitty February 1, 2009, 9:01 PM

Too tame for me!!! *naughty smile* although it’s hot whether spoken for or not! I want to hear what else happened, hopefully it’s more erotic than just a forbidden kiss. So uhhh woodah, what planet are you from? Sorry girl, no matter what you do, kids will model themselves on whoever they want to! Oh and by the way? This is how bored housewives have always been!! nothing new! It makes life so much more exciting to be a frivolous tramp!
giggles
Kitty

Samantha February 3, 2009, 11:23 AM

Majority rules, this is really hot! Whether we admit it or not most of us have probably at least wondered how it would feel, after all another woman would think like us. Of course it goes without saying it is a fantasy for most men. Woodah, I’m sure has some secret fantasies of he own but might be to afraid of what other people would think if she expressed herself. After all “an imagination is a terrible thing to waste”

Jenna February 4, 2009, 7:23 AM

Big Deal, my best friend kissed me on the lips, kind of the same scenario going on. It made me blush, but I acted like it was no big deal and I certainly didn’t obsess over it or her. Sometimes a kiss is just a kiss. P.S yes, I am a married mother and was at the time as well. Did I tell my husband? No. I didn’t think about it at all afterwards…I dont think he would of cared, it’s just that It would of been on his mind more than necessary and probably would of come up if we were to argue. Who needs the past coming up in the heat of an argument? who LIKEs that? not me.

Paul February 4, 2009, 9:04 AM

OK Guys point of view —- with all the media making it more socialy acceptable why wouldn’t a woman be curious. I agree it’s a hot story in such an innocent way. Woodah you can’t judge, you don’t know until you’re in those shoes. Would I like to know more and get some details? Hellooooo I’m a guy. I also know that women are drawn more towards an emotional connection so I guess if I was Tess’s husband I would be turned on if I found out, but hurt if I saw their relationship was more than curiosity.

Josephine February 10, 2009, 8:09 PM

That was totally Kool. Are you guys single? what happened afterwards?…..and lived happily ver after? Comeon share the deets!!

Anonymous March 28, 2009, 8:48 PM

Oh what a waste of time it was reading such a boring story.