Would You Let Your Kid Audition Like That?

The two hour season of "American Idol" debuted last night, featuring auditions from eight cities across the country and a new judge, singer Kara DioGuardi -- who we think looked and acted a lot like Paula Abdul. In many ways ... this seems to be a kinder, gentler season -- but what does it really take to get to Hollywood? Talent or skin? Check it out.

More auditions continue tonight at 8 PM on Fox.

next: Can't Find a Hotel in D.C.?
hasasin1 January 14, 2009, 2:12 PM

she was hatin on the body & the voice why would a judge compete with the contestant that just wrong she is supposed to show some class & that wasnt it

:0D January 14, 2009, 4:05 PM

I wouldn’t let my child audition dressed like that, especially on tv. But I have to wonder: how old was she? With the way the men were behaving I figured she was 19 0r 20 which makes her an adult, not a child. I would imagine that show producers would make sure that she was at least 18 or older before they decide to show grown men going gaga over her…

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 6:03 PM

She wasn’t that great of a singer (sang like everybody else on AI). Had no class and was rude to the judges. Just wanted her 15 seconds of fame. She’ll probably will get voted off early on.

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 10:18 PM

first off no i would not, says nothing for there upbringing,also at 1:06 the new judge according to my ears calls the half naked girl a B**** listen and see if you think so…if so where is the professionalism??

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 10:50 PM

why would the new judge compare herself(a professional singer) to a unknown girl who is just audiotioning? The new judge is useless, they better throw her out of the door!

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 11:04 PM

She is hot and a great singer. You will be seeing her in the finaly. Is Seacrest gay or what, why would any straight man back away from her kissing you?

Mary LuAnn Michael January 14, 2009, 11:04 PM

If I was her mother I would be ashamed, she made American Idol look like a Jerry Springer show entering like that don’t they set any rules about what to wear?

Mary LuAnn Michael January 14, 2009, 11:06 PM

nuraina January 14, 2009, 11:42 PM

nope…i wouldn’t want my kid to be wearing a skimpy bikini to an audition like American Idol.

maybe for a bikini competition.

what was she trying to do? So obvious. Her voice is ok. But her body better, huh?

Penelope January 14, 2009, 11:44 PM

Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.If the tree bears sour fruit,something went wrong with the cultivation process. This display of ‘attention seeking’ behavior has its roots in the cultivation of the character.One who has been made to feel VALUABLE does not seek validation in this way.I do not think mother had a say in the matter.She looks old enough to make her own decisions.Dads please date your daughters and let them know how special they are to you.Sow good seed in theirs lives.

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 11:45 PM

I thought she sang pretty good and that Kara was way out of line insulting her based on what she was wearing. Seems to me like Kara was jealous and felt the need to insult the girl and make herself look better by doing it. I don’t like the new judge. The show was fine without her and like Simon said “If it’s not broke, why fix it?”!

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 11:48 PM

This girl thinks she can get ahead in life with her looks, well wont she be surprised in a few years when her looks fade and she has NO talent to fall back on. She was RUDE and did not deserve to be put through to Hollywood, but I guess its all about ratings….

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 11:48 PM

Sounds to me like the two women judges was jealous of her audition because they got the male judges eyes and they didnt this time!

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 11:53 PM

ok, there is no way i would ever let my child dress that way for an audition. if she wanted to wear a bikini why isnt she trying out for ms. america or something. and for the new judge to show her up was to proove a point, just because your beautiful doesnt mean you can sing. put some of that jazz you put in your beauty (no breasts and all) into the way you sing. try using your diaphram to let some air out instead of sucking in a little more to make that tiny body look a little skinnier. and does she think shes a queen or that she has already won ai, maybe ryan seacrest didnt want to be kissed by someone he doesnt know where their mouth has been.

Linda January 14, 2009, 11:58 PM

I think it was very rude to wear such an outfit on AI. She was not that great of a singer and to kiss Seacrest by the pool was also rude. REason he didnt kiss back he is a professional and was live on camera. I think she will be gone in a couple of weeks but as one person wrote she basically wanted 15 seconds of fame and it worked. Hope she doesnt make any more of those bad choices.

DJS January 15, 2009, 1:24 AM

Have you seen what other contestants wear? I wouldn’t have worn - or recommended - a bikini (what does that have to do with singing?), but there have been a lot of stupid, slobbish, weird, and even downright distracting outfits that did NOT help the contestant, so as inappropriate as this might be, it’s better than what a lot of contestants wore!

Aimee January 16, 2009, 8:02 PM

Wow, and this is supposed to be a family show?I love AI but it’s getting ridiculous. She’s an ok singer, and deserved every bit of what Paula gave her. I hope she gets denied at Hollywood week, and she probably will just because half the judges have it out for her. Her mother must be so proud

Anonymous March 30, 2009, 3:53 PM

no way!

Erica June 9, 2009, 9:54 AM

It was in November they held the auditions!!!!!!!!!!!
That is just not right.