Is Britney's New Single Obscene? You Decide

The Brit's new song is causing an uproar. See why.

Britney Spears Single

Britney Spears' cleverly worded new single, "If U Seek Amy" is causing a dilemma. The lyrics seem innocent enough -- until you hear the song. Do you think they should play this on the radio for your kids to hear? Listen for yourself ...

next: You Can Help a Dog in Need!
maeby January 14, 2009, 4:52 PM

when i saw that pic the first thing i thought of was the words spelling “i-f-u-c-k- my
is that on purpose?

Jenny January 14, 2009, 7:23 PM

Honestly I could hardly understand what she was saying.

Pippi January 14, 2009, 8:05 PM

Ummm, the song is horrible, not any worse than some of the others out there but it was just plain horrible.

Anonymous January 14, 2009, 9:12 PM

who cares? she’s yesterday’s news.

Amy January 14, 2009, 9:17 PM

best song of hers yet!!!!

rico January 14, 2009, 11:37 PM

this is about her drunk pass atleast she ask for ride home instead of getting a DUI

ashley January 15, 2009, 7:36 AM

I don’t even get the song. Who the heck is amy?? Dumb song, like most of her others. I haven’t liked any of her songs in a long time.

chris January 15, 2009, 3:06 PM

Okay maybe I’m too old (I don’t think so) but I couldn’t figure out if there was some secret meaning to “If you seek Amy” I actually let my 13 & 8 yr old listen to this with me and beside both of they saying they didn’t like the song, none of us could figure out what is so obscene about it…Can someone please reply and let me know. Thanks

Anony-moose January 15, 2009, 7:53 PM

Hey confused people… try spelling the F-word out loud, then say “me” after it.

Kind of sounds like:
If You Seek Amy

I hope you get it after that… otherwise there’s no way to explain it without explicitly spelling our favorite four-letter word.

Marisa January 16, 2009, 9:57 AM

Think. If(f) u(u) see(c) ka(k) my(me)

cheekiemonkey6977 January 19, 2009, 8:41 PM

Agreed the song sucks, but I’m sorry this isn’t any worse than the Katy Perry song “I kissed a girl”. That was in my opinion very inappropriate for our younger children to listen to but no one made a stink over that. It’s time to let Britney move on with her life. Can’t say I was as bad as her growing up, but we all have made mistakes we are not proud of.

LIZ January 22, 2009, 4:21 PM

This is all just petty there’s far worse songs out there and the kids have heard those already.

Anonymous February 6, 2009, 3:27 PM

It doesn’t matter what the song means, I’m keeping my kids Brit-free for as long as possible. Plus, my tween is pretty happy with her Decemberists and Jason Mraz (as chosen by us… not all of their tunes.)

Anonymous February 9, 2009, 8:31 PM

kay guys think about it

IF…F

YOU…

Seek…Ck

Amy….Me

Anonymous February 23, 2009, 10:52 AM

the song says f-u-c-k me

Anonymous March 25, 2009, 4:20 PM

Oh…I can already hear all the kids going around and singing the chorus .. and some of them will not know what they are even saying. Thank goodness my daughter hates Brit!

Alice May 12, 2009, 2:02 PM

The song says
all of the boys and all of the boys are begging to IF U SEEK AMY
which sounds like she’s saying F-U-C-K ME.
thats why its supposedly.
The fact that hardly anyone understands what shes saying shows its not obscene, its just a funny play on words.
Britney rocks

anms May 13, 2009, 3:12 AM

See people, what makes you think your kids hate britney? You didn’t know they might be secretly listening to her song/album wherever/whenever you are not around. com’on people, don’t be hipocrates, she rocks and you know it. She got her dark night but we, her fans are still there and we never been gone until today. And Alice was right, there’s nothing obscene about it. There’s a lot of things more obscene, you just hate her, and still living with Brit’s past, that’s why everything she do, some people will always think that she’s not doing the right thing. Better look in the mirror before u judge other people.

Lacey June 3, 2009, 11:37 AM

It’s just a song. Even though it sounds like she’s saying something inapropriate doesn’t mean people have to throw a big hissy fit. Eventually all your kids are going to know what it is. It doesn’t mean they’re gonna go “if you seek amy” everyone they know, just because its in a song.

e book western torrents March 15, 2011, 8:10 PM